main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN Just wanted to say thanks!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jar Jar, Nov 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    I just wanted to let you guys know that yesterday's turnout was great and I hope we can keep it up! We had eight folks come out on a weeknight and it was by all means a great success. I know we didn't discuss much "business" except for flyers, but there are still things in the works.

I am still working on getting this board some custom graphics and banners and also starting to look into other things that might help us grow. What I'd like to know is if anyone else has ideas about things they might like to do. I have heard ideas put out there about meeting on weekends from time to time or having other outings, so if anyone has something in mind that they haven't voiced yet this is the place to talk about it. I almost always have my Saturdays free to do anything so, fire away!

As far as projects are concerned, I haven't heard much on them. Dave was basically over the Fanforce patch but I think that it kind of died out with the start of school. I'd still like to further this project, but I just don't know if it can happen for now. Unless I was mistaken, I thought the TSWCG was doing a T-Shirt, but if they aren't I suppose we could try our hand at it. We would need to hammer some stuff out for that as well, but again this would be the place to do it.

Again, thanks to everyone who made it and I look forward to meeting up again on December 3rd!

2. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I'm very happy to hear that your group is still going strong. :)

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact me.

3. BushiFox

BushiFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    Ummm, I think there were at least 9...may have been 10...

4. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Yeah, I was going to say I had forgot one but there was actually nine, so that's even better! ;)

5. vongbait

vongbait Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    I don't want to step on toes or speak out of turn. Adam and I were talking about the Tshirts and other TSWCG items that we came up with. Also the extra activities/meetings are a good idea but the FF was set up for those who couldn't meet on weekends. If people want to meet on weekends they should come to the TSWCG. I know I can't make weekday meetings all the time but some can't make the weekend meetings. One town two groups. It just works better.

6. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    I haven't heard anything else about the shirt for a while, so if it's still a go, that's fine with me and I'd like to get one when they get made. The events and meetings on weekends thing was an idea that has been floating around since the last meeting and I don't think that they would really intrude on TSWCG's turf as long as the event wasn't on the same day as a TSWCG meeting. So far as I know, this would be something that would happen on top of the meeting we would normally have on Tuesday.

All of this stuff is up in the air right now. The reason I brought it up here was to see what folks would like to do.

7. Padawan519

Padawan519 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    I'd be up for shirts, patches, or other assorted apparel ;)

8. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    I've said this before and I'll say it again... the TSWCG is not the only group of fans in this town, nor do they have a lock on when people should or should not meet...

The Knoxville FanForce was started (as I understand it) by people who wanted the option of a group separate from the TSWCG, and to have the benefits of being tied into a nationwide network of fans... it had nothing to do with not being able to meet on weekends...

Once you start talking about "turf" you're just asking for trouble... one group is not beholden to the other's schedule... and the TSWCG should have no bearing on what the KFF wants to do... and vice-versa...

Fenn

9. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Well, nothing is even happening regarding a weekend meeting at all for now beyond just discussing it. All I am doing is trying to see if anyone wants to do anything on the weekend sometime because I have had some folks express interest in doing so. If nobody wants to do it, there really isn't much point, but if there is then we should try to do something.

This isn't just about weekend stuff however. It's also about making stuff for our own group (patches and the like). I wanted to see what people would like to see done for the chapter and then get down to actually doing it. In this case, I know there is interest but at the same time these things require doing some fairly serious work and spending some money to boot, so it's also about seeing who wants to help out in getting it done.

10. vongbait

vongbait Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    I never said anything about turf. The FF group was brought to knoxville for and by people who couldn't make weekends. Now as long as there is the weekday meeting I don't care if you have a extra meeting/affair on Sunterday JFMAMJJASONDber 45th at 14:00pm. You can even have it on the moon as far as I care. If I have the time and money I'll be there (if it don't conflict with TSWCG). Also a large percentage of the FF is TSWCG and vice versa. Like I have said before two groups one city. It just works better that way.

11. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Maybe the word "turf" is a harsh one? I sure didn't mean it to be and I guess I should have said "schedule" instead. :(

Let me clear the air right now and say that I am not in a competition with the collector's group at all. I have met with them a few times and they are nice guys and gals and many of them are the same ones that come down on Tuesday. I understand perfectly well that TSWCG would not want any of the FF's events to conflict with what they do and I don't want it to. It's just common courtesy.

I apologize if I caused any confusion.

12. vongbait

vongbait Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2002
    Well it might seem like I don't want a schedule conflict more than anything. Wrong. I don't want the weekday people left without a meeting time ever. I do think both groups should watch and plan around each other. FF meets approx every first Tuesday. TSWCG meets aprox ever third weekend. Just to spread the meetings out. All meetings and extra activities should be planed with both groups in mind. The FF should not be the only one watching. The TSWCG should watch as well.

13. Padawan519

Padawan519 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    Where I fall on this topic is that both groups should continue to be considerate of each other. Hell, it's pretty much the same people, so be considerate of yourself ;) I think as long as everyone who wants to be a part of one of the groups, gets to be a part, be it weekday or weekend, things are golden :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.