main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada Just wondering...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Sar-Tamber-lac, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    ...who's still around? It's sad to think the glory days may be gone, lol...

2. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I am still here and I think that is about it. I suspect we will loose even more people when we move to the new boards whenever that is.

3. TR0773

TR0773 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2003
    The Star Wars community that still survives from what I can see is into Toy collecting, and costuming. The 501st Rebel Legion Mandalorian Mercs, Dewback wing, Jedi Assembly etc, offers a more adult social option for those interested in sociallizing, costumes and prop collecting, and Snowtroopers.ca takes care of the Star Wars toy collectors.
    Gamers focus more on their local community and their isn't a strong game system currently on the market. Same thing goes with the video gamers. With all the social media options now out there, this site has lost its initial original nich, like the Yahoo groups once had.
    Kids focus on the Clone Wars cartoons but with all the paranoia about "bad people" prowling the internet, people are leary at letting their kids interact on sites such as this.

If you want numbers back you need somehing unique. Something unthought of, or something there will be a demand for that only FF can supply. FF is in competition with a much more diverse universe, and unfortunately it has been left behind.

4. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    The Fan Force is strong as ever in Calgary. It looks like we are the only ones posting on the boards in Canada.

And as far as socializing aspect there is none in Calgary except the Fan Force. There is no real RL in Calgary. The 501st only do costume events and there are only 2 Mercs in town, 3 if I ever get my pictures to them.
    The nice thing about our FF is that we encompass it all. Not just costumes, collecting, video gaming, etc..

Sure the others clubs are great but for the general fan in town the only requirement is that you like Star Wars.

5. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Thanks for keeping the torch lit Ryan. Calgary is pretty well all that is left of Canada.

6. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Yeah I kind of figured that. We stil get together every month and we still get new members pop up. We'll keep the torch lit for Canada. I guess facebook and stuff is sort of killing this place. I post stuff on face book but everything refers everybody back to here.

7. TR0773

TR0773 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2003
    I saw Calgary FF in strength at the last CCEE, it is good to see you guys and gals doing well there, it can sometimes be difficult to get the costumers together for events.

With all the differing Social Media's available now a days it is unfortunate that FF with it's ability to bring all the differing interests together is being left behind, good work to the Calgary crowd for sticking with the tried and true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.