main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Question Just wondering!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Omits, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Omits

Omits Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2015
    Greetings, not really used to forums but have lots of memorabillia. Now I have been invited to my daughters (2nd) wedding and they have themed it on Star Wars. I don't really go in for theme parties and stuff (Yeh, OK). Anyone have advice on some very modest way of manifesting my own recognition by wearing something. not got a huge budget though. Cheers.

2. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I guess it all depends on how dressy the wedding is. If everyone will be wearing nice suits, dresses, etc., maybe you could wear a pin or something of the sorts. (Or a small Star Wars figure that you wear on your flower that you pin to your suit.)

I guess it all depends on how themed it is... I've seen weddings that are themed and casual, or themed and still dressy.

Sorry, my 8+ years of working in a women's clothing store is coming out. [face_blush]

BTW, Hello! I too was also new to the forum thing when I first started, but you will get used to it. Hope you stick around! :)

3. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
  4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    There are still almost "normal" looking people in SW. Best you watch one of the movies and concentrate on the ones in the background. Or you do what JarJarJedi suggested above.

Or you create your own costume (almost normal clothes), but add the medal of bravery. Ok, for this you need a bit talent and it would be wise to add a little story to your costume (like in a roleplaying game) or you simply say: To raise that daughter I needed to be so tough that I got this medal (in a secret ceremony years ago). ;)

Btw I'd make that medal with clay for the form and liquid latex (inlcuding the color you need) for the medal. That's not too expensive and not too difficult.

If you need more help with costumes, I suggest to visit (and maybe re-posting your thread) at http://boards.theforce.net/forums/costuming-and-props.10019/]costume[/url] & props. They will help you for sure! :)

If you found your costume or the way you like to add Star Wars (SW) to your dress, it'll be cool, if you could post a pic of it. Would be nice to see whatever you decided for. :)

5. Omits

Omits Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2015
    Thanks, you've got me started. I think casual clothes with a bravery medal for the stress of dealing with 40 something teenagers. But although the occasion will be informal (no speeches and stuff) I would like to be prepared just in case someone shouts "speech"! So in case I have to then has anyone got ideas (or even one they have) about a few minutes of jokey stuff?

Thanks.

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I can't help with a speech beside of suggesting to ask Mr. Google... or to reask in Costume & Props or in SW community. This board (WNU) isn't exactly the best place to ask these kind of questions. That's why I lead you to the other two boards. Have you asked there as well already? :)

Edit: In case you get asked for a improvised speech, just start with mumbling (a bit too loud so some people around you can hear it): "I have a bad feeling about this". That's a good start for sure. One of the most famous sentences. And end your speech with "May the force be with you! Always!". Then you have got the most important things in my view. ;) :)

Edit2: And since it's the second run of your daughter, ehm, I mean the second marriage, you might add a line (comparision) about the second run of the death star. But this might be heavy... so, it's just a brain storming thought. :)

7. Omits

Omits Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2015
    Thanks, I'll ask there.