Amph Justice League the movie

Discussion in 'Community' started by Slowpokeking, May 7, 2013.

1. Slowpokeking Force Ghost

star 4
    DC is going to release it in 2016.

I hope Kate Beckinsale can play WW. And they use John Stewart as Lantern since we need a black guy.

[IMG]

Anna Kendrick can play Hawkgirl

[IMG]

Hugo Weaving as MM

[IMG]

Who would be the best as the antagonist? Darkseid? Doomsday?
    Last edited by Slowpokeking, May 7, 2013
  2. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
  3. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    There's literally nothing confirmed, save for the fact that Snyder's directing if it goes forward - it hinges on how Man of Steel performs at the box office.
  4. Slowpokeking Force Ghost

star 4
    Unless MoS performed too bad, I think it's settled.
  5. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    I've heard it will release the same year as Episode VII which is 2015

And i want Christian Bale to reprise his role as Batman
    Last edited by Darth Vader, May 7, 2013
    Grievousdude likes this.
  6. Slowpokeking Force Ghost

star 4
    How about Viggo as Aquaman? I like the appearance of Aquaman in JL animated series.
  7. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Viggo Mortensen? Nah I wouldn't use him
  8. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Never really thought of Beckinsale as WW, but she could do it. I think perhaps Lana Parrilla could fill that role nicely as well.

"Since we need a black guy". Out of left field nonsense.
    Juliet316 likes this.
  9. Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master

star 3
    Is Man of Steel expected to outperform Iron Man 3?
  10. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    I think Rachael Weiz could make a good Wonder Woman
  11. Slowpokeking Force Ghost

star 4
    I really think we need the antagonist to be well known but not too powerful since it's the first one.
  12. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Well it's Superman, he's probably more famous than Iron Man
  13. Slowpokeking Force Ghost

star 4

I really can't accept anyone as Superman beside Reeve, he's so great both in the movie and in real life.
  14. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Personally I think Man of Steel is going to flop (seriously there has been almost nil promotion on it from Warner Bros - maybe an ad here and there, how is it going to do anything close to say, Iron Man 2 money if the studio doesn't promote it?) and DC fans are going to be stuck with constant Batman/Superman film reboots every couple of years, CW teen series like Smallville and Arrow, and no chance in hell of any Justice League movie. Ever.
    Last edited by Juliet316, May 7, 2013
  15. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Agreed, we'll have to see if Henry Cavill is good as Superman, he'll be the third actor to play Superman
  16. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Fixed that for you.:p
    Miana Kenobi likes this.
  17. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
    Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Then you have a problem, considering the guy had been dead for a few years now. :p

I've stated this elsewhere, but I'll say it again: Warners has no business trying to pull a JL movie without the buildup Marvel/Disney pulled with their MU movies leading up to Avengers. Failing to follow a tried and tested plan like that will lead to failure.
    MrZAP and Juliet316 like this.
  19. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    I think it can be done without character origin after character origin. These characters are pop culture, we know them. Yes, origin films for them with a nice JL flick would be great. But it is not really needed. If presented correctly you could pull off a JL movie that sort of picks up right in the middle of the action.
    Draconarius and Axle-Starweilder like this.
  20. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    A few years? Hasn't he been dead for a decade?
  21. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    First off, I could have sworn we had a Justice League movie thread here. Maybe it was on the temp boards? IDK.

Batman and Superman sure? Wonder Woman, perhaps, but I think you'd need at least a GL reboot and a Flash origin story as movies in order to introduce to A) introduce general audiences to a JL movie version of Flash and B) to get the RR GL movie taste out of fans' mouths, and you would probably need at least Batman/Superman films to help those along. Like I said in that other, missing thread, I think you could leave Manhunter as this mysterious alien and slowly peel back his backstory over the course of a JL film (or more preferably a JL trilogy of films with the origin story not touched in the first film), without necessitating an origin movie, much Marvel's done with Black Widow and Hawkeye (and yes, I do feel MM should be in any JL film as he is an original League member). But without some sort of build - up to a JL movie, it's not going to even remotely touch the success of Avengers at the box office.

Edit: Yes, it was the temp boards. Yes, I did get logged out looking for it.[face_blush]
    Last edited by Juliet316, May 7, 2013
    SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  22. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Just on how that performs & not on whether they can do decent solo movies for the other characters?

Regardless of how good Man of Steel is, he alone won't attract people to see a Justice League movie if no-one cares about anyone else in it except Batman (who would be someone new anyway) and maybe Wonder Woman.

Green Lantern was fail, Aquaman & Martian Manhunter would probably need spinoff movies or they go the way of Wasp & Ant Man in Avengers & Flash would need one too to gauge audience reaction to character on screen and whoever they cast in the role.
    Last edited by SithLordDarthRichie, May 7, 2013
  23. Slowpokeking Force Ghost

star 4
    I still want John as the Lantern.

Last edited by Slowpokeking, May 7, 2013
  24. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Well, that's a valid point, but I don't work at Warner. :p
  25. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Warner may not work with DC if they screw this up.

I get wanting to cash-in on Avengers success but this is a long-term plan and needs the right buildup. DC has plenty of marketable heroes, rushing stuff will only make Marvel more dominant.