main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Justice League the movie

Discussion in 'Community' started by Slowpokeking, May 7, 2013.

1. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    Exactly. Once Lone Ranger tanks they can put that Hamm guy in the batsuit. And his twin can be his body double!

2. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    But how are they going to unite all the heroes together? There is no something like SHIELD.

Darkseid summoned by a Batman villain?

3. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005

[face_sigh]

Slowpokeking: Darkseid first would be a waste for a couple of reasons, not the least of which is that he might come across as too similar to Thanos to the non-comic-fan part of the audience. I'd be tempted to use one of the modern incarnations of Brainiac. Ties in with MoS and could easily be threatening enough to warrant Supes arranging some backup.

4. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    But DC need a big guy to attract the eyeballs, maybe Brainiac+Doomsday as the brain and the muscle? Brainiac does not provide much muscle fight.

5. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    I vote for Gorilla Grod. Brains + muscle in one hairy, articulate package.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Actually, would it be possible to have a Justice League movie without Batman? I mean, Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy really tried to create a realistic Batman universe with no superpowers or supernatural stuff, and depicted it as though it could happen in our real-life world. Joker lost his laughing gas, Bane lost his venom, Ras al Ghul lost his immortality, and all of Batman's gadgets are carefully explained as being secret prototypes created by Wayne Enterprises. So if this is what we've come to expect from Batman, would he really fit in with the likes of Superman or Green Lantern?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  7. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    The Nolan trilogy is over. Time to move on / back / forward to the full DC Universe conception of the character.

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

You know, thinking about this, Batman was not an original member of the League (but then again neither were Wonder Woman or Superman, though the original members recruited Supes first IIRC), having a movie without him and then coming back around to try and recruit him in a sequel COULD work (especially if say, you do something akin to a World's Finest Bats/Superman team up in between), but you definitely need Superman in it. A general Audience would not buy a Justice League movie without Superman in it.

9. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012

We need the big 3 for sure.

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    A JL movie without Batman would be a risk, I'm not saying it wouldn't, but I think it could work. Especially if there's a few mentions of him throughout the film. Like say "What about that vigilante in Gotham?" and maybe referring to him being a 'loner" and "Doesn't want to be a part of a team" and perhaps a brief glimpse or two of Bale's Batman if he decides to come back for a few JL films or if not then if he doesn't physically appear on a JL film and DC is gung ho about rebooting from the Nolanverse then keeping him physically out of a JL 1 would allow DC to reboot the Batverse and whet fans appetites with anticipation of a Batman making his grand appearance in a JL 2 with perhaps some personality clashes with the rest of the Justice League who have already worked together a fair bit by the point of a JL2. I'm not saying DC should do this, but I am thinking that it could work, if they had to/wanted to.

12. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    DC is already in a big risk when they cast JL since they cannot fail, I don't see a reason to not include Batman, it's pretty much the only successful DC series after Superman 2.

There is no need to worry about Nolanverse, if JL fails we might not see big budget DC hero movie for a long while.

13. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    A JLA movie without Bats would be like an Avengers movie without Iron Man. Biggest draw, most recognizeable, most successful, etc. etc. etc. Interesting idea, but there's no way that will happen.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Batman has to be in it, you can't leave Superman to be the only recognised name in the movies especially if only he has a solo movie before you do it

As for the villain - Go down the Avengers route and use the best villain from a solo movie (given there may only be one, use a Superman villain) first and then move on to something bigger. Given most people who aren't comics readers might not even know who most of the JL people are, they're even less likely to know who Darkseid is. It would be giving audience too much to figure out too quickly, and relating to characters you don't know is much more difficult.

Neither does Joker, yet he's an awesome villain. Riddler can be too if used right.

Darn right, then we can get characters like Clayface.

15. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    John Cleese could voice him. He already did in George of the Jungle.

Merlin_Ambrosius69 likes this.
  16. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    A plot point if the wanted to play up the psychodrama, and this is Batman we're talking about here :p is that he could completely lose his **** for awhile as he comes to grips with just how "small" he is.

Different vein, I always LOL that in Smallville, Metropolis is geographically Kansas City.

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    JL is going to be a blockbuster movie, with so many heroes to introduce, it's hard to make too much scheme and build the characters well.

18. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    The only reason a JL movie would be made is because the suits think people want it to be made. So why is everyone talking about having to introduce audiences to the property? The only reason the property is even being considered as a film project is under the assumption that it has an audience. "But moviegoers don't know who Darkseid or Martian Manhunter are, they need their own introductory films!" No they don't. Han Solo and Chewbacca didn't have a movie before Star Wars was released. There wasn't a Princess Leia movie.

If you've got a JL story, just tell it. Audiences don't need five movies first to set it up. The Avengers movie initiative worked, sure, but that's not the only way to do it. A single JL movie doesn't have to be about the entire JL simultaneously. Certain players can play a supporting role--it's only one movie, not everyone has to have an hour of screen time. Write a story featuring the JL, but about just whoever. After, depending on how certain characters are received, give them their own movies, or another JL movie featuring them more heavily.

Make it flashy, put some bwooons in the trailer, and, I dunno, make it well, an I'm pretty sure people will go see "that new superman movie". Because people went in droves to the avengers, an both times I saw it people were still asking what the cube's deal was and who was Loki and how did captain America get there if he's from WWII.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Well as long as they don't make a Justice League Unlimited movie or whatever that one cartoon show was called.

20. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012

I made a trailer for JL, not saying I would prefer to use these villains in the real movie, just put them in the trailer is cool.

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Not bad. Not likely to happen, but not bad.

22. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I firstly wanted to use Darkseid but his Smallville image sucks. So I got the idea of these 3, beside the actors, I think it's possible to draw connection between them.

23. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    Every cool shot of every DC superhero crammed into 2 minutes! GO!

24. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    You don't like it?

25. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    I didn't hate it. I realize you're working with limited resources. The trailer soars briefly when the majors are introduced -- some nice inter-cutting there -- but it goes on too long with, again, every cool shot of every DC superhero crammed into 2 minutes. And the beginning was kind of nonsensical. But yeah, the music choice is good and the middle section of the trailer is really good.

IMHO.