main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Justice League the movie

Discussion in 'Community' started by Slowpokeking, May 7, 2013.

1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Chris Evans as Flash?

2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    So, this is the first spill over of Episode VII forum fanwankery. Yay.

I THINK HTIS ACTOR WHO I LUV SHOULD PLAY THIS CHARACTER BECAUSE THE BUDGET WOULD BE $500 BILLION AND ALL THE ACTORS WOULD BE TOP TIER AND I WOULD WATCH IT LIEK TWICE

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I still really want an Aquaman movie. And, as much as I loathe to say it, I'd want it in 3D. Because if there's one thing that looks AMAZING in 3D, it's the ocean and it's infinite sense of depth.

Juliet316 likes this.
  4. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Aquaman sucks. :p

V-2 likes this.
  5. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't like his costume, but JL Aquaman is cool.

6. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    i think they'll have to work with them since they kinda own them

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Joker will be a guarantee villain for Justice League same with Lex Luthor

8. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    How? How will that be guaranteed? If you start having counterpart villains for the heroes (so we can expect, by your logic, Circe and Cheetah to be shoehorned in) it'll feel like the bleeding Super Friends cartoon.

JLA need a singular foe to work as a film. Darkseid makes sense.

lol, guaranteed. Mods, can we move this abortion to the Episode VII where this idle speculation belongs?

9. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    How about Doomsday?

10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Nah, do it before then.

DarthIntegral likes this.
  11. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    It's not Star Wars related E_S, deal with it being in the Community forum.:p

Problem is Doomsday is by and large viewed as a Superman villian rather than a threat the entire JL has to deal with (afterall he DID kill Superman, even if it was only a 'temporary' death)

12. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Maybe Imperiex? But if they pick him it would be better to change his appearance, way too ugly in the comics.

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I read somewhere, that Christian Bale would reprise his role as Batman if the script is good

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    The best way to do a JL film is to start it after they've already been defeated, or are otherwise unable to do anything, the villain is reigning supreme, and the b-team has to try to scrounge up enough resistance to beat him back. They can't, of course, and prospects look grim until at the very end we get a hint of the original team, and the movie ends. The sequel is the first team returning to win the day, which they do, but in the meantime they've all had their own solo movies and we've been treated to hints of what happened at the beginning of the first movie.

Axle-Starweilder likes this.
  15. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    If DC is smart about this, they'll make the first JLA a Superman-Batman film (no origin stories required) in which Wonder Woman is introduced to the world and they three forge an alliance. End of. Everyone else can come along in the sequels.

And BTW, Beckinsale and Weisz are both 40+. WW needs to be young, in her 20s, in her debut film.

16. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Kate still looks nice.

17. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Wonder Woman is immortal. She doesn't need to be in her anythings.

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    So does Rachael :p

19. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    What I wouldn't give for a Kingdom Come film instead.

V-2, Darth_Invidious and Saintheart like this.
  20. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Should this film come to fruition, it will be the first time in which I will legitimately be excited to see a movie that's got Superman in it.

:p

21. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    But she does need some muscle to her. She's an Amazon, not a Helen of Troy. Linda Hamilton in Terminator 2 springs to mind in terms of the physicality required, though she's obviously too old for the role now. Regular B-to-C-cup Hollywood fluff won't cut it for this character, IMHO.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  22. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I'm not saying I agree with the proposed actresses, but to say Wonder Woman needs to be in her 20s is silly.

However, I can't think of anyone that looks like an Amazon in Hollywood, but I guess that's what working out is for or something.

23. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Which is what mostly Hollywood is now. It's filled with actresses who might somewhat look the part but don't have the talent to pull it off, those who might have the talent to pull it off but have caved to Hollywood's need for stick figures, or are trainwrecks like Lindsay Lohan. It's one reason why I doubt we ever get a Wonder Woman origin movie anytime soon. It's also why I almost think if your going to have Wonder Woman for a JL movie, the best course would be to have her enter having already been established as a superhero (and have people like Batman and Superman already being aware of her existance as one), go with an older actress (I think Kate Beckinsale's just too over explosed from doing these type of genre movies at this point, even if she could pull off the role in terms of talent and physicality) for the role and think about an origin story with a possible younger actress later.

24. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Actually, I always thought Cobie Smulders would be a good Wonder Woman, though that might be awkward given that she was in The Avengers. She's beautiful yet definitely tough, and I think she's actually a pretty good actress.
    [​IMG]

You could go much younger with someone like Jennifer Lawrence, but that's too young IMHO. And she's in X-Men :p

25. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Gina Carano could definitely handle the physicality of it. And she's dating Superman(Henry Cavil) Only issue is she isn't really the best actress.