main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Justice League the movie

Discussion in 'Community' started by Slowpokeking, May 7, 2013.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    [​IMG]

2. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    Agree kate looks like she weighs maybe 90 pounds soaking wet... terrible choice for wonder woman.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    It's easy to gain weight for actors through training, Reeve was quite skinny when he was picked but after months of intensive training he gave us a great Superman.

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Got a question, was Superman IV any good? I have never seen it before and didn't know there was a 4th one

5. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    No, they greatly reduced the production fee but Reeve still did a good job.

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  7. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    Kate isn't gonna throw on 20-30 pounds.. Even if she could she still makes a terrible wonder woman... WW is a very hard movie to cast..

8. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Who said she isn't? And even Lynda Carter was not some burly figure.

[​IMG]

WW is a hard project, but mostly because there is no successful super heroine movie.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  9. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I heard that Cannon Films was given something like 35 million dollars to make it, and Golan-Globus decided to put 17 mil towards the actual making of the film, and pocketing the rest for their schlocky action films. How true is this?

10. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    while Linda Carter was sexy that show completely sucked... Lets be real here... WW movie is hard to make without constantly laughing out loud at it. Carter also had great boobies.. felt it needed to be said

11. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Yes, that's why I don't support a WW solo movie before the JL movie's success. But a JL movie must have her.

12. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    They should make a WW movie from the Golden Age WW comics, weird gender politics and all. Make it all text, rather than subtext.

You just know if they did that, people would be like "WTF did I just watch?".

13. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    After reviewing some images, I will agree that Beckinsale would make a damn fine WW, with the following provisos:

1) She develops a more athletic and muscular physique.
    2) If the movie includes her origin story (as opposed to joining her as an existing character), that her face be de-aged in close-ups -- a fairly common process these days.

Beyond those personal requirements (which I'm certain DC is monitoring with close concern), I'd be okay with it.

14. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    The choice of the leading role is only a small part of making a successful Superheroine movie.

Helen Slater was a great choice for Supergirl but the movie failed in all the way. And Kate fit WW all the way beside she's a bit old.

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    WW shouldn't be white, give it to a Latina.

Mortimer Snerd likes this.
  16. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Jeez dude, seriously. It's not like she is the ultimate babe in the planet and the only one worthy if wielding that lasso. Newsflash: she isn't.

17. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I'm not say she's the only one, but she is a good choice.

I don't think anyone could surpass Lynda Carter on WW.

18. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    Actually, yeah. I would love to see the finger-snapping and head wriggling involved with this character. That and it'd be about damn time there was a Latina super hero/heroine....especially one that pilots an invisible plane.

19. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Why are we talking so much about WW?

20. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I'd rather she be Mediterranean.

MrZAP likes this.
  21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Enough about WW, let's talk about who should play Batman

22. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
  23. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    :rolleyes: And there goes any and all credibility you might have otherwise had on this subject.

And if you force too many characters into the film, you will all but guarantee that it will not succeed. I will use the Spiderman 3 example once again to illustratae what happens when you put too many characters together and try to do them all justice. Just because Avengers was able to do it, does not mean that League will be able to. League will not have the setup from the solo films, and in fact will be fighting against the recent solo films barring MoS (and assuming it even does well).

Oh, and drop this whole "you must have a small army to justify calling it JL" nonsense. Because the big three are most definitely capable of starting the League, which is all you'd want to do with an opening film. Introduce the characters, introduce the concept, then use the goodwill established by the film to introduce the others in solo films before JL2. Good, common-sense storytelling that acknowledges how far behind JL would be in comparison to Avengers.

Merlin_Ambrosius69 likes this.
  24. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Spider Man 3's style is quite different than JL/Avenger type movie. Even the Avengers didn't give everyone a solo movie, I only watched Hulk and Iron Man when I watched the Avengers and it's totally fine to me. Superman and Batman's solo movies+WW play a important role in it and let GL/Flash play a small role in MoS series like Hawk Eyes/Nick Fury did is enough.

No, JL need at least the iconic 5 characters, it's a blockbuster movie, why refuse the others? Compare to the Avengers, the other guys already were dwarfed by the big 3, if you don't let them show up in the JL movie it will make the situation even worse.

25. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Because you keep harping on Kate Beckinsale as WW.