main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Justice League

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    This post is GOAT.

B99 likes this.
  2. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Really. Makes perfect sense to me. It's the first DCU movie to be better than "below average." Why would they want to remind everyone right before seeing it that it's tied to a bunch of movies everyone hates? Wonder Woman benefits from its near complete divorcement from the rest of the DCU.

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Because they want to sell tickets?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It's not like WW was in a vacuum of exposure coming out of BVS- she was prominent in the (heavy) marketing for that film, so the franchise connection was already there.

Not to mention it's not like it wasn't playing in front of WW in some theaters- it just wasn't attached to play in front of all of them. It's just common sense to attach similar genre (let alone same-series) films together in such a way.

And there's also the benefit of "Oh, if you liked WW, now you know there's more of her to see later this year...".

Jedi Merkurian and PCCViking like this.
  5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    New film poster, via SDCC. Dig it. Alex Ross influence is clear.

[​IMG]

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That's a great poster. And Alex Ross ftw!

heels1785 likes this.
  7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, that's actually pretty fantastic. Though it's so good I fear it's just a SDCC promo and not the actual poster- but I'd love to be wrong.

8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Film cannot come soon enough...

9. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
  10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Excellent! Can't wait.

Curious about that ending, though.

Also, I heart Jeremy Irons. Am so happy that he's a part of this universe.

11. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I had to readjust my brain there as the villain felt like something out of MCU Thor (only cooler than anything besides the destroyer armor, imo.) It looks like fun and that's all I want really (Okay, if Momoa makes me absolutely fall hard for Aquaman again, I'll take that too. :D )

12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    "No Lanterns, no Kryptonians."

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I think Aquaman and Flash have been given good exposure in these last two trailers, and look to be good foils for the more serious Batman and WW.

Hope to see the same for Cyborg as they continue to come out.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    They'r'e doing Flashpoint for the Flash movie, as per SDCC. So if they say "everything before Wonder Woman doesn't exist" and/or "Hey, Batman has changed!" that's probably how they'll do it. :p

Artoo-Dion and heels1785 like this.
  15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Mm. I wouldn't mind seeing a live-action film along the lines of the excellent animated Flashpoint Paradox DCAU film. However, that would require so many characters that it would essentially be Justice League 3.

I am doubtful that they'll remove any film continuity.

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

As long as it's not like the TV version, we should be good...

Also: "Dammit, Barry!"

heels1785 likes this.
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Amen. I think at the time of the film announcement, many (me included) were hopeful that the DCTV universe could be intertwined.

As it has grown, and even as much as I still love it, I am very happy that it is separate.

18. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001

Yeah, but it'd be better if Batman wasn't hogging like 90% of the space on it.

19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Awesome!! Might be the last trailer I watch till the movie!

20. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Only being passingly familiar with the story, but isn't it a bit early in the series to be doing Flashpoint? One would hope that one of the lessons from Green Lantern was "Don't rush to get to a more recent or recognizable event story" as that film attempted with Sinestro Corps War.

Then again, BVS effectively led with Death of Superman and TDKR, so, maybe it wasn't learned?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    ALL IN at the end seems appropriate.

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

yes, that was the downfall of green lantern.

not the literally hundreds of other problems. to bring that movie up for the sake of making a "they didn't learn" swipe would be equivalent to me bringing up the plotline of elektra when discussing infinity war. couldn't be less relevant.

24. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Unless you want to retcon the stench of Zack Snyder out of your nice cinematic universe.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, there was a gazillion times more humor and lightness in this JL trailer than anything prior. And the blatant ignoring of what they set up with Man of Steel and Batman v. Superman with the line about Superman inspiring people to be their best selves (you know, the DONNERVERSE Superman) was pretty hilariously signaling they are switching things up (or at least that they want us to think).