main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Justice League

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Sep 15, 2016.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Perhaps it's elongated looking because he is moving so fast?

2. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    are we still talking about his head ?

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    IGN posted new character posters and say a new trailer for Sunday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Luke02 likes this.
  5. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Sith_Sensei__Prime

Assuming all the rumors are correct and the TLJ theatrical trailer runs on MNF, it will be another time WB tried to one up Star Wars with a trailer for their DCEU. Like last time, I don't think it will work.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Can you please elaborate? That's a bit of a strange claim. Thx.

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Which part? The rumor is that The Last Jedi is debuting the final trailer Monday night during MNF and tickets going on sale directly afterwards.

Admittedly, it's been as quiet as the marketing campaign for JL given there are only like 6 weeks until the movie, but we're seeing things on Reddit about theater chains getting quiet instructions on how to handle it for Monday...

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    WB trying to "one up" Star Wars. This time, and apparently previously.

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Oh, he's probably referring to the BvS vs. Civil War "fight" -- total non-issue and that's clearly not what's happening here.

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I believe you're referring to the time when The Force Awakens trailer dropped at Star Wars Celebration on April 16, 2015 and the next day WB dropped the Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer. I was at the 2015 Star Wars Celebration and I don't recall the BvS trailer stealing any of The Force Awakens thunder. Even now, I don't think BvS' trailer out shined The Force Awakens.

I doubt the Justice League trailer would debute on Monday Night Football and more specifically the same night as The Last Jedi trailer because it's not a very smart move to battle for headlines. I would tend to think that WB would want to drop a new Justice League trailer on one of their CW superhero shows, Big Bang Theory or Gotham.

It's interesting that Justice League hasn't officially wrapped filming, leaving some to speculate that the film might be pushed back.

Other notes about the production of the film, Ben Affleck Was a Big Fan of Henry Cavill’s Mustache

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The final trailer for Justice League dropping on Sunday.

I really don't want to see Superman in the trailer even though it wouldn't be a spoiler, but I just would like to have the experience saved for the actual viewing of the film.

12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

It's designed to look more like an aerodynamic helmet with a neck guard to protect against whiplash.

[​IMG]

Then don't watch the trailer.

PCCViking likes this.
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I may not watch the trailer.

I am curious for those that are planning on watching the trailer on whether they would want to see Superman in it, whether it be in the rumored blacksuit or the brighter blue version of the suit.

14. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Sinister, I don't think anyone actually seriously wanted confirmation on the Flash's helmet.

15. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

They'll probably show both.

What does it matter? Does it hurt anything?

16. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    I hope he isn't in it. Talk about the ultimate spoiler especially if he is in the blacksuit. Can they at least keep SOMETHING for the movie? :mad:

17. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

You miss jokes all the time because you only have literal serious mode. I'm helping you spot contextual clues.

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    There’s a comic book page no one cares about that deals with this issue I’m sure.

Penguinator and Ender Sai like this.
  19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

[​IMG]

Diggy likes this.
  20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    But still the best Spider-Man movie (caveat: I have not seen the new one yet)...

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    No, because Peter Parker had emotions in the comics. It's hard to say who is worse: Tobey Maguire as Spiderman or Will Smith as Deadshot

22. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

First, if I wanted your help, I'd ask for it. Second, I'm pretty sure it wasn't a joke. At least on Vader's LaMent's part.

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Trailer #4!

Looks great! No major spoilers, either.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I have... concerns? Let me start out with what I assume will be awesome though: Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Affleck (not necessarily Batman). Gadot, again, in a short period steals every scene of that trailer and Momoa comes close...

But that end scene seems pure Whedon. And all of the action they showed was still the same-old, same-old Zach Snyder slo-mo nonsense. So the concern I have is that it's going to end up as two movies -- one Whedonesque in dialogue and character tone and the other Snyderesque in action scene tone, and I just don't see them as compatible necessarily? (Note: they should be more tonally-compatible than what they did with Suicide Squad, but I think it worked okay in Suicide Squad as it was a more disjointed film to begin with...)

heels1785 likes this.
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    If we're speaking honestly, I think most people have that concern, but it didn't start today.

I don't think the trailer did anything to amplify or assuage that concern, because it's a trailer.

Edit - I'd also say that that end scene still fits in with Snyder's portrayal of Barry in the early trailers (second favorite chair/can i keep it/that's rude, etc) - so as much as that seems like Whedon dialogue, I doubt he had to remake the character.

Darth_Furio likes this.