main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Justice League

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Sep 15, 2016.

1. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    basically the star wars prequel strategy. make some downright awful movies so the bar can be incredibly low for future installments!

2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Metacritc has a different formula to aggregate their scores from Rotten Tomatoes (as Metacritic takes in a mixed review into account in their scoring whereas Rotten Tomatoes is pass or fail), which is about more or less 20 point difference as:

- Wonder Woman scored 76 on Metacritic and 92 on Rotten Tomatoes;
    - Spider-Man: Homecoming scored 73 on Metacritc and 92 on Rotten Tomatoes;
    - Thor Ragnarok scored 73 on Metacritic and 93 on Rotten Tomatoes.

So, Justice League currently sitting at 51 on Metacritic could loosely translates to about 72 more or less on Rotten Tomatoes.

3. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    So if Whedon hadn't reshot 20% of this thing, would we have to shear off 20% of the 51 Metacritic score?

Let me do my math...ah, it's Batman v. Superman!!!

The2ndQuest likes this.
  4. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    [​IMG]

5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Going tomorrow. So very psyched for this.

6. Wolfpack5

Wolfpack5 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2017
    DC does certainly have an awfully low bar set for themselves, which is a shame.

I really hope this is a good movie, and does well. Early reviews seem mixed.

7. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    so is it good or bad im assuming since its not marvel it will get **** on no matter what

8. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003

Wonder Woman got good reviews and it wasn't Marvel. It was just a good movie.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Can't stand this embargo - it's such a chicken**** move on their part. Show some confidence in your film, and your franchise.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

It ended yesterday, no?

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    RT is still showing nothing.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Oh, just the RT embargo... yeah, that's stupid and (as I noted) it'll just feed conspiracy theorists stupidly as WB owns a stake. But actual reviews have been coming out yesterday

heels1785 likes this.
  13. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    0% CONFIRMED!

Diggy , dp4m and heels1785 like this.
  14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I'm sure there are people who think that is what it means. All likely Trump voters, too.

15. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    I think it was at 43% on whatever it is show they did last. It'll probably change some now with more reviews likely being in.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  16. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  17. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  18. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    For reference:

SS ------ 25%
    BvS ---- 27%
    MoS ---- 55%
    WW ----- 92%

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Wow! I'm really surprised that Justice League is below 50% on Rotten Tomatoes. That's definitely a step back from the euphoria the Wonder Woman film received a few months ago. WB/DC probably knew this was going to happen thus the critical review embargo being lifted a day before the release of the film.

As a person that grew up watching the Superfriends and waiting for like ever to see a live action adaptation of the Justice League, the score is disheartening as I was hopeful that Justice League would be the DCEU's celebration of the their characters much the same way The Avengers did for the MCU.

Although the RT does take off some of the luster, I'm still looking forward to seeing this film. At worse, it manages my expectations for the film. The fanboy that I am, I'm sure I will find enough in the film to enjoy it.

And speaking of fanboyism, the darkside of fanboy, especially that of DC, reared it ugly head when Joss Whedon like a negative review about the film. However, it is puzzling why Whedon would like a negative review before the film drops when you'd think his job to promote the film before it's release.

20. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    David Abramowitz, who was the head writer of "Highlander: The Series" and worked on the last film once said of the latter, "You cannot polish a gilded turd". That could be the case here. The main issue I've read is that the plot is next to nothing and a half hour of the film was cut so that the studio could get the most money from it.

21. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003

Odd, especially as he is under fire from some critics for his contributions to the film:

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  22. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    Wow, if that description of his face plant into her cleavage isn't an exagerration, then that is egregiously bad. It's not just sexist. It's also about as dumb as the awful sexist jokes you'd see in an 80's film like Porky's. Really embarrassing.

23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I don't know if it's fake news or not, but there's a FB rumor that the Amazon's costumes have been redesigned: leather bikinis. That does not bode well.

24. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    That was back when Snyder was directing it. So it was on him, not Whedon.

[​IMG]

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, that seems like something Snyder would do.

BTW, it's been confirmed by several people that have seen the film that there are two post credit scenes.