main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Justice League

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Sep 15, 2016.

1. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    lol that is not what i was saying but is nonetheless true.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    best friend since HS/most vehement anti-DC individual i know (aka mandaloreyak) liked the movie

good sign

going to see tomorrow, i think

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  3. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Saw it last night and I enjoyed it, was thinking lots of it was cut out from the movie but I guess they wanted it to get to the point instead of taking another 45 minutes to get to the final battle part.

What I liked the most was the the chemistry between each character, it was smooth, they all had their moments and time to shine. However I did feel like Aquaman felt a little underused but that's fine, he's getting his own movie next year anyways, and something about Bruce Wayne didn't feel like he was Bruce Wayne from BvS if anyone gets my meaning.

Was definitely surprised how the humor actually worked too. Nothing felt too cheesy.

4. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I took a look at RT, IMDB and metacritics.
    Audience scores are all pretty good, just the reviewers weren't friendly.
    Steppenwolf knew Superman was Kryptonian, I guess Apocalypse and Krypton once had war? Maybe he got his ass kicked.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

I feel like if you did we'd probably be on the same page entirely.

And not for the purpose of making Justice League metaphors. Because sometimes those kinds of failures are the best kind for others to watch.

6. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I just now got home from watching JL. I enjoyed this film. It is getting some real negative reviews and such, but I didn't think it was as bad as the reviews are saying it is. It isn't perfect by any means, but it wasn't downright awful.
    8/10 for me.

7. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    8.5/10 for me.

The pick of the villain was the worst part of the movie.

8. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I’m about to go see it. I’m really looking forward to it, but I have my concerns because of what I’ve heard. I’m mostly worried about the unfinished look. If something looks fake, it just distracts me too much.

9. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Dunno why but I can't see this thread on the community forum section.

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Slowpoke, check your blocked list. If you've got the thread creator blocked, you won't see their threads.

11. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Good sign...
    DC fans will love this film
    It looks beautiful.
    Great cast, score, fx.
    :)

heels1785 likes this.
  12. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    No plans to see this. I am way too much of a DC purist to see the JL of no A butchered. Hopefully they completely reboot and hopefully they keep it more faithful to the real creators of the characters and not Geoff (hack) Johns.

I'll probably catch it on TV. For just how they butchered Steppenwolf's visual alone the movie deserves negative stars.

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Yes! That was awesome! Any issues I thought I might have, I didn’t.

And that very end credit scene. Holy ******* ****! Without spoiling it, he’s my favourite DC character. I was going nuts in the cinema.

heels1785 likes this.
  14. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

Oh poor snowflake has me blocked?

For pointing out nobody gave a **** about his stupid circular argument? No the weakness blanket ignore function is a great feature you guys.

15. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I guess these are the "wonders" Jor-El meant?!

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  16. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    Am I the only one here who disliked the film overall? I thought the first half was decent and the second half was a total disaster.

The good: Ezra Miller as Flash stole the show for me. I also liked all of the side characters (JK Simmons, Jeremy Irons, Diane Lane, Amy Adams, Flash's dad, etc.). Furthermore, I enjoyed the introductions for all of the different heroes in the beginning.

The bad: Henry Cavill's cgi upper lip was awful. The villain was also very annoying and uncharismatic imo. But most of all, I hated the final act. It was cartoonish, generic, and anticlimactic.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  17. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    No offense to Aquaman but I think

his ability pretty much was a weaker version of Superman/Wonder Woman on the ground, it's going to be a problem if too many heroes got the same ability. No I understand why many cartoons replace him with Shazam/Hawgirl/MM.

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

ive never been more sure of anything in my life than telling you no, you won't be the only one on the jcc who dislikes a dc film.

19. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Paging Wocky

granted that can be for any film in reality though

Darth_Invidious and heels1785 like this.
  20. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I mean all these superheroes basically have the power of punching people.

21. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Imagine dying on the DCEU hill.

22. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

a solid 50% of superheroes amount to "weaker version of Superman"

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Yeah it's not a problem in their own series, but when you put them together in the league it's going to be a decent issue, Wonder Woman and Superman is already a bit similar on ability.

24. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    This movie was stinky bum. Nuff said.

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Saw it in IMAX- and, well, I liked it. It was the most fun DCEU outside of WW. It’s lean and to the point (except the civilian subplot- I liked it but that was clearly Whedon padding to make the showdown area feel less ultra-empty).

Steppenwolf is about as bad as Malekilth on the underdeveloped villain scale. Probably below even him, but that doesn’t tank this film like it did with Thor 2, as the film isn’t structured around Steppenwolf being a developed villain, unlike Malekilth.

But I enjoyed pretty much everything else (except the muted look and CG action fest style that’s been a problem with all the DCEU films). The score is only ok, though
    the nods to the Elfman Bat theme are very subtle and easy to miss even if you’re listening for them, but the brief nod to the Williams Supes theme is easily to pick up.

I sorta feel like this movie is about as good as one would have expected a JL movie to be like before TDK trilogy and MCU raised the bar. Like, if IM1 hadn’t been awesome and The Avengers hadn’t knocked it out of the park into classic territory, we probably would have expected an Avengers movie “to be this bad” ten years ago. It’s very much in that 90’s/00’s level of expectations arena.

heels1785 likes this.