main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Justice League

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    DC is really nailing their characters perfectly. That’s mostly why I loved Suicide Squad so much, because of the characters. The best part of Justice League was the characters. Everyone has been cast perfectly and it feels like they’ve jumped straight out of a comic book. I just wish they could up the quality and polish the films off more so everyone else can enjoy them just as much as I am. I can admit that they all needed work, but because I’m a super DC nerd, I can look past most of the bad things.

As for the after credit scene:
    The vibe I got was the Legion of Doom, where the villains from the DCCU will start joining one by one until they have a full team, and maybe join together by the time of Justice League 2. This could include villains that have already been in solo films. But I still really hope they go ahead with the Batman solo film with Deathstroke as the main villain.

laurethiel1138 and Dagobahsystem like this.
  2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    The weakest link in Suicide Squad's characterisation piece was Deadshot.

3. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Captain Boomerang and Harley Quinn were my favourites.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  4. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    yes, and that's why it's not successful. Having to do it is not the same as being able to do it. If you don't remember the performance, then you don't remember the movie. Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman is the best they've managed since the Dark Knight movies.

5. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Ezra Miller and Jason Momoa come pretty damned close; I mean, people remembered Tom Holland in Civil War because his performance nailed the character.

Batfleck needs his own movie to really shine; I would argue his is the best version of Batman we've seen to date.

6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    No, you're not the only one to dislike the film overall and I agree with your sentiments.

The first part of the film had that Fellowship of the Ring element going for it, but as the film went on, it was like the middle and final acts of Suicide Squad. And the way the film was scripted and how it unfolded, it turns out they really didn't need a fellowship and just go with...

resurrecting Superman from the start.

Yeah, post Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Bruce Wayne/Batman definitely took a left turn as he reminded me of George Clooney's/Joel Schumacher's Batman where he put a smile on, moved past his parents murder and welcomed team members. Moreover, they made it a point quite a few times that Bruce Wayne is just a rich guy dressed up like a bat. This wasn't really a determined and confident in his action Batman. I mean, the film seem to belittle him rather highlight as a combat strategist and why he's a valued member of the team. The role of Batman in the Justice League is that he's the adult in the room with alot of swag, and I didn't feel that way in this movie. I didn't feel Batman gave a moment like this when he was among his team:

[​IMG]

That's one of the biggest reason I didn't like Man of Steel. I thought the film didn't give Henry Cavill the opportunity to put his stamp on the character and make people open their hearts for another actor to fill the shoes of Superman the same way Gal Gadot did with Wonder Woman.

rocknroll41 and PCCViking like this.
  7. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Agreed. They were great. I also really liked Killer Croc, just wanted more scenes. I enjoy him in the comics. Oh, and Katana was excellent. Just needed more of her character as well.

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  8. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yet his moment to Flash; "Just save one..." was perfect. And most of the ideas were his. Sorry, but his Batman/Bruce were dead. on.

As for welcoming people to the team, you're right this Batman would never work with anyone:

[​IMG]

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    It's definitely the characters and the actors that portrayed that carried Suicide Squad as the premise and plot really didn't make sense, especially in the light that Amanda Waller wanted to put a team together to stop a Superman like threat. Not sure how most of the team would fit that description.

Yeah, that Batman being a mentor to Flash was something like I would have seen in Batman and Robin, which Commissioner Gordon referred to.

10. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    DC did very well on their cast overall. Just some of the characterization were bad

Pa Kent and Lex Luthor are on the list.

11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Is that because your entire contact with Batman is the Nolan films?

I'm having trouble reconciling the Batman who started Batman ****ing Inc. to your complaints. I haven't read any rebirth but let's look at New 52 Batfamily:

Batman
    Nightwing
    Red Robin (Tim Drake)
    Robin (Damien)
    Batgirl
    Batwoman
    Red Hood (Jason Todd)(occasionally)

12. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    What’s wrong with Kevin Costner’s Jonathan Kent? I still want Lex to chuck on a green suit and call himself the Riddler, then have Bryan Cranston come in as his father, the real Lex. But after that end credit scene in JL, it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen.

PCCViking likes this.
  13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Oh Ender, typical projecting and ignorance. You really don't know me or the extent of my fanfare of Batman. Your fanfare of Batman is like a broken record as you keep one spitting out your fanboy love of The Tower of Babel and how much you want to see it. And as such, you should know, that the Batman of that story line is paranoid and is the biggest threat to the Justice League. In this film, they made a point that Batman is just a rich guy in a batsuit.

This is Batman:

[​IMG]

14. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    Well, my hope is now that the DCEU experiment has (critically) failed, they'll pursue an auteur-driven path. Give WW to Patty Jenkins. Give Batman to Matt Reeves. Let Scorsese produce a Joker movie. (Hopefully let Brad Bird take charge of Superman...)

Just make great, self-contained, character-driven movies, like Donner and Burton used to do.

15. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Costner himself was brilliant, probably the best acting of Jonathan Kent, which made this character acceptable and let ppl ignore the problem of the characterization.

He was willing to let so many kids to die simply to cover his son's identity, do you see how low that was? Do you think Superman's dad should be such a low selfish guy? Instead of a role model who really CARE and love to help others, who was able to teach Superman to be a hero and use power correctly with his own action? They got the character entirely wrong, and THIS was not what ppl want to see from a Superman movie.

I love MoS a lot and really wish they could discard this piece of garbage.

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I don't think the DCEU failed. It was just built on a shaking foundation and no one really in charge of shaping it.

17. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    It made a big mistake(dark tone+BVS) and is still paying for it, but at least it's on the right track now.

18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I don't think a dark tone was the problem with Batman v. Superman. I think it was the plot, story telling and Martha resolution that killed the film.

19. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    I think the Ultimate Edition of BvS is one of the greatest superhero films ever made.

Literally cannot comprehend the low critical reviews online. I realize that some people might not like it, but cannot understand a less than 60% rating.
    It's a brilliant film, imo.

20. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    It was a big part, even DC had admitted it. Without such tone and the fight between two heroes set up this tone, the story would have been much simpler to handle.

21. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I actually really enjoyed DC’s dark tone while it lasted, because Marvel was already supplying us with the fun superhero films, so it was good to see something different. They just need to know when to use it and when not to use it now. The Batman solo film? Make it dark as hell. Slap an R16 label on that.

22. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Second viewing tonight, in IMAX. Really improves, as it has tended to for a lot of recent comic films that I go back and see twice (Civil War and WW among them).

Caught a few more really bad CGI gaffes, and it's still like catching your breath at the beginning jumping from character to character. All in all, though, I really do like this film, and the characters even moreso. Will catch it a few more times.

Keep Joss, keep Elfman, keep improving!

23. Dagobahsystem

Sep 25, 2015
    Completely agree. Jordan1Kenobi
    No need to copy or recreate the MCU.
    Too much homogenization and lack of originality in the world of film already.

DC should just do its own thing and be itself without worrying about the MCU.

24. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't think dark tone is wrong, but it doesn't fit every hero and doesn't fit with the current stage, now what they need is to gather up the heroes and fight evil, then talk about deeper conflict.

Also discard the dark tone doesn't mean you have to go with the MARVEL way. Remember we got Fox and X-Men, which got the best handling of the "world fears ppl with power" topic.

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, in the films it's been proven that Batman works best in dark tones. I mean, most of the raves of Batman v. Superman was the portrayal of Bruce Wayne/Batman, which is why the Martha resolution really didn't fit with the film and why the post BvS Bruce Wayne seems off; Batman lost his edge.