main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Justice League

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Was it just my eyes playing tricks on me, or did Steppenwolf stomp on Beta Ray Bill's skull?

3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Fixed.

4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I... agree with Wocky on this... :(

heels1785 , Ezio Skywalker and tom like this.
  5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Under the TOS, the statute of limitations for use of spoiler tags has expired as Justice League was release over two weeks ago.

Here are some excerpts from an article I read:

"Up till now, we've had little bits and snippets of what Zack Snyder originally planned for Justice League and what Joss Whedon cut or re-purposed, but we might finally have some definitive answers...."

Dagobahsystem, Sarge and gezvader28 like this.
  6. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    Jesus what a hot mess. Time for a reboot. I am so disappointed in the DC Universe. Very sad.

appleseed likes this.
  7. Samuel Vimes

Samuel Vimes Force Ghost star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    I overall liked Justice League, it has issues but what worked was the characters.
    Same with Suicide Squad, the plot was all over the place but the characters mostly worked.

I even liked it better than Thor 3, that was quite fun but it had so much comedy that I couldn't take the film seriously.
    I worry that Marvel is just going to do that now, have all their films be flat out comedies. It certainly gets them big BO but it starts to get old to me.

I don't get this call for "Reboot" as if that will fix all problems.

Rami's three Spiderman films were reboot in the two Amazing Spiderman films and that didn't work out.
    The Fantastic Four films were rebooted but Fant4stick wasn't liked at all.

Those that don't like DC films are not likely to flock to new films just because of that, they are just as likely to be wary of the new films being just as bad as the old ones.
    And those that like the current films are not going to be happy that their investment in the characters is now gone.
    You could have new Superman, new Batman, new everything and that is no guarantee that it will be better.
    It could just as likely be worse.

Star Trek was rebooted because the series had been so run into the ground that it died.
    Batman was rebooted because the previous film was reviled and bombed.
    And you had no Batman film for something like seven years.

And I don't think this will happen, at least not fully.
    Wonder Woman was a huge hit, both BO and with critics.
    Throwing Gal Gadot away and Patty Jenkins as well isn't likely to please people.
    Except those that hate Gal and hate that Wonder Woman did well.

What Warners or DC should do it have less executive meddling.
    You had it with BvS, even more with SS and again here.
    Based on what I've read, WW did not have much and it was received by far the best.

What I think they could also do it to have less connected films. The various films take place in the same universe but are not that connected.
    Batman is doing his thing, as is Superman and Wonder Woman and Aquaman etc.
    At times there could be a film with two characters but not the Marvel method of having the individual films build to a big crossover event, and a new phase with individual films building to the next crossover event, rinse and repeat.

If the various DC films are quite different from each other, some may even be R-rated and have different styles.
    Then that would be a way to be separate from Marvel and do their own thing.
    Trying to copy Marvel probably won't work that well.
    Yes this way, they probably won't get huge Avengers like films but if they keep the budget under control and waste less money by executive meddling, then it could work.

No doubt there will be some fallout from this.
    Some will likely be moved around or be replaced.
    But the Aquaman film is being made and will most likely be released.
    WW2 will very likely also happen, the first film was a big hit and they would not want to waste that.

Just my thoughts.
    Old Stoneface

laurethiel1138 likes this.
  8. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

It looks like US President Trump hijacked the account of Yoda's Roommate!

Sith_Sensei__Prime that's not what statute of limitations means.

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    It does in the colloquial use of the term, which is the context I'm using the phrase.

10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Statute of limitations just means the maximum time allowed from when an offence occurs to when an aggreived party initiates legal action. That's the only meaning. It's not like colloquially you'd find a definition which is "a way in which people try to say 'as per the time period in the rules' but don't".

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    You have no idea what I do for a living, Ender. I have great understanding and use of the term "statue of limitations." Not only knowledge of the term, but on the various aspects of when the clock on certain statue of limitations begins to run in both the criminal and civil tort sense. Part of my old job to was calendar these types deadlines. So, save you lecturing for someone else.

Additionally, "statue of limitations" has been used in US slang for years as noted in the urban dictionary, which could mean (among other things), a period time when it's okay to proceed with a task or a goal without any violations. The sense I've used the term.

Urban Dictionary: Definition 2 "The period of time between when your homie stops liking a girl and you can hit on her without breaking the bro code."

Dagobahsystem, VadersLaMent and Sarge like this.
  12. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Wow, that original version sounds really good. More Deathstroke? **** yes!

13. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm not sure I believe that article. It reads almost identical to a reddit "leak" that was proven false by the leaking of the Barry and Iris scene. This list has "corrected" the Barry/Iris rescue but other than that is pretty identical, right down to including the Perry/Clark ending when the actor has said he was asked to come back for 1 day of filming but didn't due to scheduling.

There was another leak by one of the VFX guys that broke down the movie between Snyder and Whedon and confirmed a few changes/re-workings but to be honest it wasn't that drastically different. More backstory/set up scenes for Flash, Aquaman & Cyborg. It seems Whedon's job was literally to trim all the fat off (arguably too much), make the film more stand alone (hence the Batman/Parademon opening to act as set up whilst Snyder's cut opened with Bruce already looking for Aquaman), punch up the character interactions & fix Superman. That last point doesn't mean Snyder was giving us evil Superman, the character had the same arc but was presumably more the silent, stoic type of the previous films.

Saw the film again last night but this time in 4DX. Hands down my favourite way to view this film! I always find 4DX works best with films like this, lighter on plot/extensive exposition scenes and heavy on action and JL certainly delivered! There was almost always something going on and once the film reaches the final act the seats were in constant motion. Just a really fun experience that I'd highly recommend to anyone who enjoyed the film.

14. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    so what happens in 4DX ? is it like 'Feel-a-round' ?

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Actually... sort of?

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The Kentucky Fried Movie is one of the best satire films ever made.

As for the validity of the article? I would tend to believe it because it sounds like something Zack Snyder would do and some of the footage used in trailers and other promos (but cut from the theatrical release) seemingly support some of those scenes described. I mean, the descriptions of Steppenwolf's mom being in the Mother Boxes, a scene showing the accident that leads to Cyborg, Robin Wright's Antiope scene and extended footage of Aquaman in Atlantis were eluded to certain footage and production/behind the scenes articles prior to the films release.

I noted previously in this thread that this Justice League iteration of Batman reminded me of George Clooney's Batman as he's more Bruce Wayne than Batman, and during my second viewing of the film I noticed during the final battle with Steppenwolf there's a moment where Batman is holding a gun but it's no longer working which perplexes Batman and he doesn't know what do as kind of jiggles it and looks around helpless. It's pretty funny. It's like a "deer in headlights" moment for Batman.

EDIT:

I heard Kevin Smith kind of explain 4DX as the chair moving and bursts of air to be in sync with the happenings in the film. I imagine it's like those virtual roller coaster rides.

17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Leaked deleted scene where Alfred meets the Justice League:

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    4DX isn't quite a roller coaster simulator, but there's a motion simulator element to it. It lets you glide, rumble, tilt and bank. The air cannons are the most annoying (and deal-breaking) to me. They also spray water at you (but thankfully you can toggle your seat's water on or off- if only the air cannons had the same option!) though that gets on your 3D glasses so it's a weird option to have, and includes theater-wide fog and strobe effects as well.

It's an interesting experience but likely one best suited for very specific movies so you should give serious thought as to how these features may be implemented for a particular movie before going. For example, it's horrible for Star Wars because they use the air guns for blaster bolts, which gets SUPER annoying really quickly.

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    'Justice League' Gets New Digital HD Release Date On iTunes

Here's one of the deleted scenes, which probably explains why Batman didn't want to ask Diana if she knew anything about the Mother Boxes. :p

[​IMG]

Darth Punk and Sarge like this.
  20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    ZACK SNYDER JUSTICE LEAGUE CUT POSSIBLE HINTS BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN CINEMATOGRAPHER
    For better or worse, I would definitely like to see a Zack Snyder cut of Justice League, even though the special effects weren't completed and all we get are the actors standing in front of a green screen. I mean, Justice League would have been Snyder's "Return of the Jedi" as he may have described it as the was referring to Batman v. Superman as his Empire Strikes Back.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    laurethiel1138 likes this.
  21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    ‘Justice League’ Blu-Ray Details and Box Art Revealed; No Zack Snyder Cut
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    The positioning of Wonder Woman is pretty telling there. And I don't blame them; she's amazing.

I do however thing DC's strength is in not having a shared universe. Or, sure, occasionally get together for a Justice League flick, but otherwise just tell stories about these characters as if there are no other heroes. Don't be Marvel.

Darthmaul208 and heels1785 like this.
  23. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Why is she the only one not looking at us.