main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Justice League

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Momoa's Aquaman does come of like Lobo, which would be a perfect Rated R film for DC/WB to go into production with as it could be part Guardians of the Galaxy, part Wolverine and part Sons of Anarchy.

I personally like Superman Returns as it was a character driven film. Sure, one the big knocks on the films was highlighted by Kevin Smith in saying that Superman did not through one punch, but never did Dick Donner's Superman: The Movie. Unlike Snyder's Man of Steel, Singer didn't put Superman on some pedestal and make him into a god, but rather made him very human and relatable. I think that was on a key element to Donner's Superman, in that Kal El/Clark Kent is more human than god. That growing up on the Kent farm meant something and it plays out in his alter ego and his moral compass. In Superman Returns I had alot of empathy for the Man of Steel as Lois Lane and the world has moved out without him and once again he feels regret and alone. Additionally, the film does give moments where Superman is allowed to shine and smile to convey that being Superman is a source of joy instead of a burden of a cross to bear.

I hope at some point when Superman returns in the DCEU there play the John Williams theme. That would be so incredible and uplifting. I mean, just thinking about it puts a smile on my face.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Even with Zimmer leaving the genre, it'll never happen but if they could transition from the Zimmer theme to the Williams theme, it'd go a long way towards forgiving other mistakes.

But then the MOS theme doesn't feel like it's building to the Williams theme as obviously as, say, Zimmer's BB/TDK fanfare felt like in regards to the Elfman theme, so I'm not sure if it could work organically.

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Has anything in the DCEU so far led you to believe they're organic?

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

Perhaps not in the Justice League film, but maybe in a Man of Steel sequel directed by Matthew Vaughn?

I mean, DC/WB has scrapped the second half of Phase I of the DCEU with no production plans or at least announcements for the Flash, Cyborg and Green Lantern films, but instead announce the Extended Batman Universe with the Gotham City Sirens, Nightwing, Batgirl and solo Batman flicks. So, why not have the sequel to Man of Steel use the Williams' Superman theme? I imagine that Vaughn would use a brighter color pallet than Snyder based on his track record with Kick Ass, X-Men First Class and The Kingsmen. BTW, I love the theme for Kick Ass as it reminds me of Williams' theme.

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Momoa looks like he only eats organic food, yes.

6. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Things like what type of score relies solely on the director and not the studio. And every director has his/her vision for the score. Film producers are hands off with that unless it's like Lucas and Spielberg with their film series.

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

[​IMG]

Ezio Skywalker and B99 like this.
  8. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
  9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    New poster for the Justice League.

[​IMG]

laurethiel1138 likes this.
  10. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    I'm taking a chance here and saying that they're probably looking up at Superman.

11. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Or Alfred!

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  12. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    They have to play this when Superman returns and kick the ass of Darkseid.

B99 likes this.
  13. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Myself, After BvS! I've almost completely forgot about Christopher reeves Superman... I love Henry Cavill..

14. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I don't know if I'll ever go that far, but I do like Henry Cavill.

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I believe Henry Cavill can make a great Superman, which is why I hope that rumor of Matthew Vaughn directing the Man of Steel sequel becomes reality. Vaughn as a great sense of making comic book films colorful, character driven and fun. All elements lacking with the DCEU's version of Superman.

Cavill hasn't really been given an opportunity to put this stamp on the Superman character. His films have pretty regulated Superman to be a lamenting figure. Hopefully, Cavill will be given something more to do in Justice League.

16. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I think Cavill is great as Superman too. It's just the movies themselves have not been spot on.

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Just for heels1785 -- Cavill with no spit-curl is a travesty and the worst thing about NuSuperman since Greedo shooting first!!!1!1ione!!!!

PS - yes, I'm setting you up here, go Google... he should have it back in JL...

heels1785 likes this.
  18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Hopefully death added a little levity to Supergrim.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  19. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

I dunno, the only people waiting for him on the other side are a bunch of really upset Metropolis citizens, an African warlord, and his stick-in-the-mud foster father, so...

Diggy likes this.
  20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I wonder if Diane Lane will ever elaborate or say she was taken out of context down the line.

22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    If it's a huge success, yes.

And can she really comment on anything other than what she's part of? Would she have seen the whole script?

23. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    I like some of the Justice League characters: Batman of course and I thought WW was quite good in B v S. I'm intrigued by the Cyborg (not a huge comic book guy, so don't know much about him... but seems potentially interesting). Aquaman.... well I do like the actor I guess (and he was pretty good in the trailer)... so that one may surprise me.

The Flash and Superman are so OP that IMO it's really hard to make them interesting. I've actually long thought (and I may be in a tiny minority) that Superman just isn't that interesting because he's basically god like. I HAVE seen interesting takes on him (Dark Knight returns of course).... and I actually like some of what the DC films are trying to do with the character... so we shall see.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  24. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

why do you even go to io9? It's objectively a terrible site. They're basically borderline clickbait fake news. "Joins a long line of people pouring salt on the DCEU, including Lawrence Fishburne saying Marvel had better films and Amy Adams not fangasming about Justice League".
    OK except that's not what you said io9.

25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    What do you expect, it's a Gawker Gizmodo site. Not exactly high-brow media journalism.

heels1785 and Ender Sai like this.