main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Justice Will Be Served ( JA story by Katie Scout)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kim-kenobi, Sep 20, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    Hello all I wanted to share a wonderful story with you all. This story is written by Katie, Author of "the lost ones" , "loyalities of a padawan" etc. She has written few other stories other than the ones I have posted on JC before(in my opinion they are all great). Please don't be afraid to share your views on this story on the forum and the author would also appreciate feedbacks to her directly.

Enyoy the story.

Kim B :)
    only a person posting the story not the author.

PS I am acing few MINOR problems I will post part one in 5 mins or less, sorry.

2. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Thank you for being so considerate as to bring these great stories directly to us, Kim. There's just one problem.

Where is it?

3. Kim-kenobi

Jul 20, 1999
    ARGH!!! there is a problem..... I will post by tonight. SNIFF SORRY I WILL GET BACK ASAP.

4. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I look forward to reading this. The others stories you mentioned were great!

5. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    When are you going to post it? I will try and read a JA (I love the book series, but all the fan fics are to long and I don't want to waste my time when I could get other posts.

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Waste you're time Darth McClain?? The fanfics are even better!!!

I await with anticipation Kelly.

7. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I'll take your word for it!!! I'm more of an OT/NJO SW fan.

8. Kim-kenobi

Jul 20, 1999
    SORRY FOR THE DELAY I HAD TO RE FORMAT IT MY SELF AS THE FORMATTED VERSION IS IRRITRIVEABLE AT THIS TIME. BLAME ME IF THERE ARE ANY MISTAKES.

KIM B :)

SORRY FOR THE DELAY ENJOY!!!

Title: Justice will be Served
    Author: Katie
    Spoilers: None
    Rating: PG
    Summary: Pre-TPM. Qui-gon is accused of a crime he did not commit. He is being forced to make an impossible decision.
    Archive: Sure, just ask please.
    Disclaimer: I don't own anything or anyone. All the characters and their universe belong to George Lucas. I am just playing here for a little bit and I promise to put them back where I found them.
    Notes: Thanks to Master Sio who always helps me in any way she can!
    Thanks to Obi the Kid, Kim B, KnightObiWan and Telly for support! Hope everyone
    enjoys!

Justice will be Served

By: Katie

"Jinn", The sleep filled voice finally responded after fumbling with the Comlink.

"Qui-Gon?"

"Mace?" The Jedi Master answered, a little alarmed. It wasn't like the senior council member to contact him at this hour. "What's wrong?"

"I'm afraid that there are some complications with your work on Sariani."

"Sariani? Obi-Wan and I just returned from there a week ago," the Master wondered what could have gone awry in such a short amount of time.

Qui-Gon Jinn and his apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi, had been sent to Sariani to help the King convince the rest of his council to join the Senate. The King had known, long before calling for Jedi assistance, that joining the Galactic Senate was the only way of restoring their planet.

Sariani had been war torn for many years, but the election of a new, powerful, yet kindhearted king had brought the warring factions to a halt and peace negotiations had begun. The negotiations went well and all seemed willing to help rebuild what was lost. The king knew that the planet was woefully short on resources, and would need help if the rebuilding were ever to become a reality. Therefore, he had stated to his council and to the people, that soon they would be joining the Galactic Senate and a new peaceful era on Sariani could begin.

The council itself did not take to kindly to this information. Some agreed with the king and believed that it was the best way to finally put an end to the ever-raging wars. However, the majority of the council was against the king. Accusing him of meddling in the traditions of autonomy, which had been the laws of Sariani for thousands of generations.

Members of the council swore that they would not see their planet disgraced in that way; they would die first. And the life of the king was in jeopardy as rumors of assassinations coursed through the capital, then the planet. The King made a desperate call to the Jedi Temple for help, in response Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were sent to protect the king and negotiate with the Sariani council.

The mission had been stressful and dangerous. It had mostly consisted of negotiating with the stubborn council members who were set in their ways, but protecting the king became a trial as assassination attempts became more numerous and better planned.

In the last attempt Obi-Wan had come dangerously close to being killed as he pushed the king away from a blaster bolt. The bolt had grazed the top of the boy's back, if it had been an inch lower it would have killed him. It took many nights before Qui-Gon could close his eyes in sleep without the images of his young Padawan hitting the ground in searing pain springing before them.

The Jedi Master knew that things on the planet must be resolved or it would be a question if he and Obi-Wan would return to Coruscant at all. So the Jedi Master changed his tactics, and instead of going to the council, he went to the people. Qui-Gon bid the people to look around them and see what they had become. The life of their king was in danger, the very man who had pulled them out of war and wanted to lead them to peace. Qui-Gon's words were

9. Kim-kenobi

Jul 20, 1999
    no replies yet??????????

PLEASE REMEMBER TO FEEDBACK!!!

10. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Uh oh, things don't bode well for the Jedi Master and his padawan. Ohhh goody...er I mean thats bad. Very bad.

11. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    I'm ready for more! I am really liking this so far!!

12. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, things are certainly starting out well. Obi-Wan, recovering from injury and exhaustion, is being sent on a mission with his master to a place they just left. I see good possibilities for angst and torture! Keep those posts coming--I want more!

13. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    AWESOME KATIE!!! Glad you are having this one posted here!! LOVE IT!

14. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Looks great so far! You were right, Leona!

15. Latara

Latara Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2000
    Another great JA story, woo-hoo!

MORE!

16. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Always glad to see another JA convert Darth McClain.

Awesome start Katie. I love how Qui-Gon had a birthday surprise for Obi-Wan and I know their return trip to Sariani is going to be dangerous.

Post often, post soon.

17. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Great start Katie.... I am completely hooked!!!!!

Thanks for posting Kim!

18. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    This story is really good.

19. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
  20. Master_Tahl

Master_Tahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2000
    I like this story, keep going, its great!

21. Kim-kenobi

Jul 20, 1999
    Justice Will be Served

Part 2

By: Katie

While on the transport bound for Sariani, Qui-Gon briefed his Padawan on the situation at hand. Obi-wan listened intently, waiting for his Master to complete the tale before he spoke.

Qui-Gon finished giving his Apprentice the last of the details and waited for the boy's reaction. Obi-wan sat in silent thought for a few moments. When he spoke, he chose his words carefully.

"I don't understand this, Master." Obi-wan said, in an almost disturbed manner. He and Qui-Gon had done everything possible to help the king and the Sariani while they were on the planet. Qui-Gon had been the one who had finally brought a peaceful end to the conflict. Now, when the unthinkable happened, of all people, they accuse his Master. It didn't make any sense, and it certainly wasn't fair. "Why you?"

"I'm afraid I don't know, Padawan. The murder of a planet's leader is always an extremely complicated situation. Everyone is quick to blame everyone else. Only, why they are going as far to accuse me, I simply do not know."

"But you weren't even on Sariani when it happened." Obi-wan protested.

"Yes, Padawan. However, that doesn't seem to matter. To them I am simply an off-worlder, and a representative of the Republic, two things that the Sariani do not trust. This mission will be a difficult one. Therefore, we must be cautious and prepared for anything. We must trust in the Force and let it guide us. It is important that we show the Sariani the truth."

"Yes, Master."

A silence passed between them for a moment as Obi-wan finished absorbing the information he was given. Qui-Gon's voice was the first to fill the silent void. The words he spoke carried a regretful tone with them.

"I'm sorry about your birthday Obi-wan."

The young Jedi stared back at his Master, confusion written on his face. He then glanced down at his wrist chronometer, and was astonished by what he saw. It was his birthday. Everything had happened so quickly this morning he hadn't even realized it.

"It's alright, Master." The Padawan said quickly after his discovery.
    "I'd much rather miss my birthday than see you accused for something you didn't do."

Qui-Gon was pleased to find no disappointment in the boy's words, nor did he sense any from him. Yet, despite his Apprentice's reassurance, the Jedi Master was determined to make it up to him; some how.

Qui-Gon smiled warmly and the youth sitting across from him.

"Come, Obi-wan." The Master stood and walked over to his Padawan, helping him rise to his feet. "Lets get some rest. Something tells me it's going to be a long trip."

A crowd awaited the Jedi team when they stepped off the transport. Yet, it was not a gathering of happy people as it had been when they had left the planet. Those now before them bore the insignia of the royal guards of Sariani and held blasters at their sides.

The king's second chair, Ambassador Daren Marsel, moved forward to greet them.

"I welcome you back to our planet, Master Jinn and Padawan Kenobi. I only wish it could be under better circumstances." Ambassador Marsel said with a beaming smile, a little to beaming for Obi-Wan's liking.

"Thank you, Ambassador." Qui-Gon replied as both Jedi bowed. "However, it would appear that not all welcome us as warmly as you do."

"Yes, this," Ambassador Marsel motioned to the guards around them, "was the doing of the rest of the council. You must understand, Master Jinn, that the majority of the council and the majority of the citizens hold you solely responsible for the death of our king. Although I felt it was unnecessary they believed it was important to make sure you arrived to meet with the council without getting...how do I put this...side tracked?"

"What do you think is necessary, Ambassador?"

"I believe it is necessary to find those who are truly responsible for the murder of our king so our planet can move on for the better." Qui-Gon nodded at the Ambassad

22. Kim-kenobi

Jul 20, 1999
    mua ha ha ha ha...... If the feedbacks are good I may post more tonight(it's afternoon here). So keep those feedbacks coming. I am currently formatting the part 3 so keep and eye out.

PS say a nice comment for the author more<PLEASE> not that I haven't enjoyed the ones for me, she is the one who has written it, I am only passing on her story.

I for one would like to say Katies stories are all very excellent(check them out at EY if you haven't read the other ones yet).

23. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Is Katie reading this at all to catch the comments, or is it better if we e-mail her directly?

I like the way this is building up! First they send Obi-Wan out because he's too young, although it didn't seem to bother them before, and then a servant comes along to distract him in the way best designed to catch a Jedi's attention (the appearance of needing help) and then WHAM! They've got him! Now it looks as though Qui-Gon will have to sacrifice himself to save his Padawan. NOO! How can he get out of this?

24. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Wonderful Katie!!!

Such an awfully decision for Qui-Gon, though I can't imagine him allowing any harm coming to Obi-Wan.

Post more, please???

25. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Very good!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.