main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Justified anticipation and appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rogue_Ten, Nov 11, 2012.

1. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    This reminds me to watch 4x1

can't wait for boyd's shenanigans [face_mischief]

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I know it probably won't be the case, but I thought it would be interesting to make Arlo, who's been at best a secondary character, the big bad for this season.

3. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    i dont like arlo that much to want to see that. id just as soon he be written out

4. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    My only fear is the big bad usually dies and I don't know if I want that. But I definitely hope he's really involved.

5. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I always got the sense his career had been as a petty criminal involved with more powerful people. But perhaps he's not.

6. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    i was pleasantly shocked to learn that mitch hedberg apparently faked his death and used the intervening years to get clean and sober while learning to act in preparation for a supporting role in the fourth season of a tv series based on an elmore leonard short story

Darth Guy likes this.
  7. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    That's the first thing I thought when I saw that guy.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  8. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    I have no idea what Mitch Hedberg looked like but after a google image search I can see what you mean.

9. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I liked the first episode of the season. Crazy Arlo has the opportunity to be really fun.

10. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
  11. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
  12. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Ummm...anybody else not liking/really confused by this season?

13. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    There's no real Big Bad, the preacher seemed rather pointless since he was killed off early, I don't really care about Boyd and Ava's relationship-- mostly because Boyd is a bona fide psychopath-- and the "dude who's not really dead" story better have a good payoff because "witnessed the killing of an informant" is not good enough.

That said, I'm enjoying Raylan's antics.

14. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    But I mean, yeah it's nice to see Raylan going around doing cool things randomly, but it seems kind of aimless.

And am I the only one who hates Patton Oswalt's character? I don't know him as a comedian, but if it's anything like his role here, I'll kindly decline thanks.

Did we ever find out who Waldo Truth was, or what is up with the family feud involving the Givens(es) or secret treasure in Harlan or whatever the hell was going on with that?

EDIT: Although I didn't totally follow every single little part of Season 3, I could tell you Quarles, Boyd and Limehouse were all the primary 'antagonists' of the season, with Duffy as an on and off sidekick to Quarles. But now, all I know is the preacher died, I can't remember what happened to his sister exactly, there's something about some bodyguard dude who was with the bar skank Raylan was boffing, there's this adult version of Dermott Fictel from The Venture Bros. walking around beating people up, looking for the prostitute Ava was beating up, and Raylan is just floating around looking tough and saying witty things. And Duffy's floating around looking menacing and weird (as he always does) and now Boyd and Ava are married but Ava wanted to go to some kind of party. And then there's whatever the hell is going on with Arlo in prison, and some sort of treasure or something. WHY IS THIS SO NEEDLESSLY COMPLEX?

EDIT EDIT: AND I JUST REMEMBERED WINONA'S BEEN GONE FOR MOST OF THE SEASON, PROBABLY BECAUSE SHE'S ON THE FOLLOWING AS WELL

15. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Not yet. The arc's still going.