JW in Lord of the RIngs

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by rehtul-minnau, Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. rehtul-minnau Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hmmm....interesting idea. I think I prefer the original, though. Across the Stars seems a bit to....heavy, if you know what I mean - it doesn't have the Elvish feel that Aniron has.

Try putting Duel of the Fates in the part of FOTR where Arwen is being chased by the Nazgul. I thought it went fairly well - the singing added a sort of viciousness, and the parts without the singing had a "running away" sort of feel.
    Also, try putting "The Legend Spreads" from Braveheart in during the part where the signal fires are being lit in ROTK - it's perfect!
    I've also been trying to see if I can put "Hedwig's Theme" from Harry Potter in there somewhere, but I'm not exactly sure where it should go.

Merry Christmas, by the way! :D
  2. Jobal_Naberrie Jedi Padawan

I see what your saying. I wasn't one-hundred percent happy with it ether; but it was the best out of what I had. I was sure the love theme from Braveheart would be perfect, but it didn't work very well. Do Arwen and Aragorn even have a love theme? I guess it was Aniron in FOTR, but what about TTT and ROTK? I know Evenstar was introduced in TTT, but I don't think it's really a love theme.

Duel of the Fates sounds like it would work. I'll have to try it.

I LOVE The "Legend Spreads"! The problem with Braveheart music in LOTR is that most tracks are just screaming Scottish. I wanted to put "The Battle of Stirling" in there somewhere, but I haven't found a place yet.

Try putting 'Freedom'/ The Execution Bannockburn" from Braveheart in the part when Aragorn is encouraging his army in ROTK. Start the music at about 5:03 into the track. I'm not sure exacly how the timing will be; you might have to play with it a little bit. My main goal was for the really loud part at the end of the track to start when Aragorn's horse rears up.

I also liked "The Princess Pleads for Wallace's Life" from Braveheart during the scene with Eowyn and Theoden in ROTK. Start the track as soon as the scene starts. I really like the part with the voices with the scene, so you might want to start it earlier.

Merry Christmas!:)

3. rehtul-minnau Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ohhh, that is nice! The scene wasn't long enough, though. :(

I love that track! And it went very nicely with the scene, as well.

I would never even consider for a moment putting this or anything like it in this part of the movie, but....try putting "No Ticket" into the Council of Elrond scene, playing it just as Frodo puts the Ring down - the timing during the whole thing is excellent! And again, just so you know I'm only playing with it, I would never, ever consider putting this into the movie. It's just for fun! :)
  4. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh... thank god, I was worried... mm.
  5. Jobal_Naberrie Jedi Padawan

Try it with the scene with Arwen and Elrond (Sorry, I have no idea what to call these scenes!) in TTT.

That was hilarious!

Why not suggest some of your own? :)

I tried putting the first part of "For the Love of a Princess" in the scene where Eowyn is playing with the sword in TTT. Start the track right before Aragorn speaks.
  6. Bacon164 Force Ghost

star 7
    Okay. :) There's a song I really like called "The Mumakil." :) It works REALLY well in the part in ROTK when those giant elephant things are attacking the Rohan horseback riders. There's also a piece called "The Eagles" that is just AMAZING if you play it in the moment when the hobbits are on the fire mountain after the ring is destroyed. Just time it right when the main hobbit says "It's over. It's done." You won't be disappointed. :)

Try it and see how it works! :)

:) :) :) :) :)

:)
  7. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
  8. Roger Goldleader Force Ghost

star 3
    And I thought this thread was about Howard Shore's musical allusions to JW's SW themes in FOTR. Never mind....
  9. Bacon164 Force Ghost

star 7
  10. Darth_Martus Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I can't believe anyone would question Howard Shore's Lord of the Rings... Personally I consider it to be one of (if not the) greatest film scores of all time. The development of so many theme over the course of three films is amazing. I love John Williams but.... come on!
  11. StarWarrior92 Jedi Master

star 2
    I love the LOTR music to death, but John Williams' score for the Star Wars films remains my favorite movie music of all time.
  12. Jobal_Naberrie Jedi Padawan

I heard some of the scores before I ever saw the movies and really liked them. But then I saw the movies and after watching them a few times I started to be displeased with the scores, especially ROTK. I'm not crazy about the movies and I think the biggest problem I have with them is the music. However, there are a few pieces I like, such as Breaking of the Fellowship and the music during the cornfield scene in FOTR. But most of the time during the movie you can't even hear the music so it gets rather annoying. I think it's all a matter of opinion, though.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.