main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JW Titus Fan Club........Non Denomiational.

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Darth_Underwear, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    What or who is JW Titus?

2. LadyZaraMarta

LadyZaraMarta Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2004
    JW Titus was a fabulous author who wrote his own version of Revenge of the Sith before the movie came out. It was FANTASTIC!!!!

He had quite a fan following. There were literally hundreds who came on every day waiting for his latest installment.We would comment on the scene and beg for more!!!

Many of us believe HIS version of ROTS was better than the actual.

That's how we all met - through JW Titus.

I've discovered his version is AVAILABLE on line:

Type in JW Titus and you will find his version.

We all wondered who this wonderful writer was - many of us believing he had ties to GL. Most likely the higher ups who own .theforcenet know all about JW Titus.

HELLO EVERYONE!

I've been on holiday and hope everyone is well. If DarthUndie pulls the plug, I'd like to stay in touch with all of you.
    I am on MSN.

3. Darth_Underwear

Darth_Underwear Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    First things first....

I am not DarthUndie... I am Darth_Underwear, Dark Lord of the Skivvies. I am proud of my tighty whities with skid marks. Otherwise I would not be the Dark Lord of the Skivvies....Hello!

On a serious note.

I do not wish the thread to die.

You (LZM) were the one that first suggested it.

But if we were to die then Pulling the Plug would be more amenable than dying the slow death.

I have sent out PMs and email to JW. But the reality is that he is probably on some beach somewhere drinking a Mai Tia and living the good life.

I do not begrudge him any of that, he deserves it.

I started this thread for all of the fans of JW to continue to piss off the mods and go on about our banter that was not about JW.

I Love the Novel.

JWs play on it was superb.

The official novel was nothing more than writing a book from a script.

I'm like, WTF!

If JW wrote it, it would have followed the 'Official' story but would be the difference of an obituary VS John Steinbeck's the Red Pony.

Seriously, I read both novels, and the official novel was not literature it was and annotated script.

JW wrote true prose. I soiled myself reading it. Film makers could not begin to do justice to JWs novel.

Have you ever read the Red Pony and then watched the movie and think to yourself that the movie is **** but the novel rocked!

That is what JWs version vs the Official version was like.

And then the official version came out as a movie. So I was like The Red Pony, rewritten as a made for TV novel and then they made the TV Movie.

Not only did the movie suck, it sucked twice.

So the question of who is JW, for someone whom has seen the movie and maybe read the official novel.

Were you satisfied? Because, well, I Was...

DU

4. master-of-les-pauls

master-of-les-pauls Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 16, 2005
    =D= Were not worthy!

5. MASTER-OF-EVIL

MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004

It was no problem MOLP, Ive had been meaning to add you so it was perfect timing.

You know what would make this thread more lively this is just a suggestion, but how about once or twice a week, we post chapter by chapter of JW's ROTS fan-fic to re-live the magic?

What do you guys think?

MOE[face_peace]

6. KC-Jedi

KC-Jedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 18, 2005
    That would be a good idea.

Have any of you heard rumors about when and where C-V will be besides it will be in 2010?

7. LadyZaraMarta

Aug 21, 2004
    This was NOT easy to find!

The following fan story is by JW TITUS.
    It first appeared beginning in 2004 and finished if I recall correctly a little before the movie was released.

REVENGE OF THE SITH BY JW TITUS
    A FAN'S VERSION

PAGES 1-6

Space as far as the eye could see. Space potted with millions upon millions of pinpoints of light that were distant stars, planets and other such celestial bodies. A violent, unseen storm of cosmic rays and racing spacedust filled the vast sea of dark, but it remained unseen so all was regarded as peaceful, still. Serine.
    That serenity was shattered by the sudden emergence of a giant ship out of hyperspace. At first the ship appeared impossibly long, stretching on for millions upon millions of meters, but as it reverted back into realspace it settled into its actual form?which was still quite enormous and impressive.
    The giant Separatist cruiser tore through space on full, blood-red engines like a sleek, ravenous sea animal chasing its prey. The bow of the ship resembled a snarling jaw, and the wide windows of the bridge its glowing, angry eyes. It?s tailfin was inverted. A gaping hole through the middle of the ship?the beast?s empty stomach?housed its enormous hanger bay. One could see all the way through the ship to the starfield on the other side, showing why the beast was so famished and so intent on catching its prey. Prickling its body were countless turbolaser batteries like row upon row of barbs. But the most dangerous, the most intimidating feature of the ship was the giant bombardment gun on its underside.
    Fifty smaller cruisers of unmistakably-similar design swarmed behind the lead ship like trailing spawn. They were smaller than their giant cousin, but equally fortified with weaponry across their dull gray hulls. These smaller ships were faster and more agile, yet a gap was forming between them and the larger ship as if they were falling behind. Yet they weren?t being outrun. They were slowing intentionally to supply cover for their leader.
    The reason for the cover came into view as forty wedge-shaped cruisers suddenly appeared out of hyperspace behind them and barreled down on the smaller ships.
    The cluster of Separatist attack cruisers unleashed a hailstorm of red laserfire on the pursuing group of Republic ships. Assault Cruisers were the most prevalent model in the group, but leading the charge were five giant ships of a new design?Venator-class Star Destroyers. The Jedi cruisers, as they were more commonly known, were more heavily shielded and boasted much greater firepower than their smaller cousin, the Assault Cruiser. They also had greater speed and maneuvering capabilities, and could carry twice as many troops and vehicles. They were the greatest warships the galaxy had ever seen.
    The Jedi cruisers and the Assault Cruisers returned fire immediately, absolutely pummeling the smaller attack cruisers. The black space between the opposing groups became alight with flashing explosions and fireballs of energy. Barrages of missiles were launched. Some reached their targets, tearing into the hulls of ships and spilling out troops and debris, but most were hit by stray laserfire that turned them into blue-white fireballs.
    The smaller Separatist attack cruisers were outmatched and they knew it. These Venator-class Star Destroyers were too powerful to hold back for long. Relying solely on their missiles and laser batteries the Separatists could only hope to destroy ten, maybe fifteen, of the Republic ships before all fifty of theirs were obliterated. They needed to do something to halt the advancing Republic forces to allow their larger cousin to reach its objective. If not, General Grievous? plan would fail, and he would not be pleased with such an outcome.
    ?It would appear the Republic was better prepared for our attack than you?d anticipated,? Count Dooku said in his deep, smooth voice.
    Standing on the upper level of the vast bridge of

8. MASTER-OF-EVIL

Nov 10, 2004
    Im up for seconds LZM! That opening brings back alot of memories, the feeling on anticipation that came each week of the next chapter!

9. LadyZaraMarta

Aug 21, 2004
    The following is a fan's concept of Revenge of the Sith. JW Titus began his version in 2004, before the release of the movie.It concluded a few days before the movie was released.

You are the judge. Was JW's version better or worse than the movie?

All the characters are the property of George Lucas.

Again, a fan's version of ROTS.

REVENGE OF THE SITH; A fan's story
    by JW TITUS

Pages 7-10

A new cluster of small ships appeared on the holo-display underneath the group of Republic cruisers, flashing in the tell-tale yellow that signified a new threat.
    ?Enemy starfighters launched, General,? the Neimodian communications director?s voice said through the comm. ?Thirty squadrons of Clonetrooper starfighters?and one squadron of Jedi starfighters.?
    ?Re-order half of the droid fighter groups to concentrate on the Jedi squadron. Launch all sentient-piloted groups to handle the clone pilots,? Grievous ordered.
    ?Yes, General.?
    Dooku watched as half of the droid fighters broke off of the main group and headed for the Jedi squadron. He looked out the windows and saw the shimmering sphere of Coruscant rapidly growing larger.
    ?How long until we reach Coruscant?? he asked.
    ?Estimated time of arrival; ten minutes,? a Neimodian technician?s voice said through the comm. unit.
    Time was running out, but it was not yet gone. Dooku?s keen observations and strength in the Force had afforded him sufficient warning for what was about to happen, and he had made his own plans, his own means of escape. And, as he always did, Dooku found opportunity in the situation.
    ?Very well,? he said, keeping himself alert for the trap he knew was to come.

?Okay, squadron, stay sharp. Here they come,? Anakin Skywalker said into the comm. unit of his head set.
    The new Jedi Starfighters were a tough lot. They had the same wedged body shape as the originals, but were split down the middle from stern to the newly-designed, ball-shaped cockpit. They also had a pair of extendable, stabilizing wings near their back sides. Their shielding and weaponry were much stronger than their predecessors, and they were faster, too. Ever the mechanic, Anakin had made some extra-special modifications to his own starfighter. These modifications had proven so effective they had eventually been adopted by almost all of the other Jedi. But modifications or not, none of them could pilot like Anakin.
    ?Roger, Lead.? ?Affirmative, Lead.? ?Copy, Lead,? the voices of several Jedi said into his comm..
    Lead, Anakin thought. My call-sign. A smirk crossed his lips. It felt good to be in command; to have these Jedi?some of which were Jedi Master?s twice his age?listening to and carrying out his orders, to have the ability to decide who would do what and when, to be respected for his skills. To have the power to do what he saw fit.
    He had definitely earned it, as well as the level of Jedi Knight. For three years of the Clone Wars he had proved his worth countless times over. Numerous battles against the Separatists had been won because of his skills and cunning. Millions of lives had been saved and, yes, even ended, because of his decisions in battle. But those lives ended had been either enemy combatants or just merely clones, so he felt no remorse for their losses. Clonetroopers were disposable and easily replaced, and his enemies got what they deserved for their treachery.
    The Republic had forced the Separatists back in the last few months despite General Grievous? hugely successful campaign. Now, the Separatist forces were on the very edge of defeat and they knew it, which is why they dared something so bold as to kidnap the chancellor.
    Anakin?s mechanical right hand began strangling the control yolk at this thought, the leather of the thick black glove over the hand crackling under the pressure. His upper lip curled back in an angry scowl. You?ll regret having done this soon enough, Dooku, he thought.
    Anakin saw the swarm of droid starfighters headed towards them. He looked to

10. Darth_Underwear

Oct 14, 2004
    MOLP,

All I can say is rotflmfao.

11. LadyZaraMarta

Aug 21, 2004
    Sorry, DarthUnderwear - I've called you by the nickname for years.Never knew it upset you. Wish you would have told me.

12. master-of-les-pauls

Jan 16, 2005
    I'm here all week, feel free tip your waitress heavily

Also I am avalible for birthdays, weddings, barmitzva's and all social gatherings

13. Darth_Underwear

Oct 14, 2004
    LZM,

Me be offended!?!

I think not.

But DarthUndie sounds like a fan boy.

Not as evil or insidious as Darth_Frakin'_Underwear. And all that the name entails.

Just my luck that the board had Darth Vader underwear as an option for an icon.

Spot ****ing On. As Chopper Reed would say.

With the Icon and a Name, the Legend was born.

To MOLP, are you free on Sept. 13th? I'll pay you in Republic Credits, or Dollars which ever is less.

DU

14. master-of-les-pauls

Jan 16, 2005
    For you Darth underwear, how could I not be for the leader of this thread

15. LadyZaraMarta

Aug 21, 2004
    REVENGE OF THE SITH; by J W TITUS ; A Fan's Version

pages 10-14

When he finally came out of the group he had two enemy fighters on his tail. The Vulture droid fighters fired rabidly, but Anakin dodged every bolt. In an effort to shake the tails, he dove back into the swarm. The two fighters followed, and Anakin slowed to allow them to catch up with him. They were right on his tail now, but Anakin was able to avoid every one of their laser blasts. He let them get even closer, and Artoo gave a series of bleeps and whistles that was so hurried the console couldn?t translate.
    ?I know what I?m doing,? Anakin told the droid, allowing the shots of the fighters to come even closer. Then, he pulled the steering yolks hard and banked to the left. The droid fighters tried to match his move, but couldn?t and slammed right into a cluster of their own in a fiery ball.
    ?See,? Anakin told Artoo, who was warbling a series of woes.
    ?Anakin?where are you?? an all-too familiar voice said over his comm.. ?I could use some help.?
    ?What?s your position, Obi-Wan??
    ?I?m at point-two-nine. I?ve got three on my tail and can?t shake them.?
    Anakin scanned his console, then looked out of the cockpit and over the right side of his fighter. ?I see you,? he said, then banked hard right to head towards him. ?Turn to point-oh-three and I?ll drop in right behind them.?
    ?Hurry, will you? Two more just joined the others and they?re getting close!?
    ?Patience, you must have, Master Obi-Wan,? Anakin said, trying to sound like Master Yoda.
    ?That?s not funny,? Obi-Wan replied.
    A broad smile crossed Anakin?s face.
    He put full throttle to the engines. Several fighters tried to cut him off on his way, but he rolled and picked them off as he continued forward. Finally, he came up behind the small group of fighters.
    ?Obi-Wan, I?m right behind them. Turn hard right in three?two?ONE!?
    Obi-Wan jerked his fighter into a steep bank to the right. The fighters followed right behind him, as did Anakin. But Anakin didn?t fire. He just continued following behind the group of droid fighters and Obi-Wan.
    As soon as they came out of the turn the fighters began shooting at Obi-Wan?s ship again, and still Anakin did nothing.
    ?Anakin?they?re still back there! What are you doing!?? Obi-Wan asked as he spun and dove to keep from being blasted to pieces. Several of the shots came rather close, and a flustered Obi-Wan said, ?Look?this isn?t funny anymore. This is no time for games. Get them off me!?
    Anakin smiled. ?All right. All right. Bank hard left in three?two??
    ?Are you actually going to do it this time? Or are you bluffing again?? Obi-Wan asked.
    ?Do you want to do this or not?? Anakin chided, his thumbs hovering over the fire buttons on the end of the control yolks.
    ?All right. Three?two?ONE!? Obi-Wan shouted.
    Anakin pulled the yolks hard to the left, but realized as he did that Obi-Wan had banked to the right instead. Too late to change direction, Anakin just continued through his turn.
    As he was coming out of it, he said, ?Hey, I thought we were going to the?? He had to roll to the side to avoid crashing right into Obi-Wan?s starfighter, then had to continue to juke to avoid the hailstorm of laserfire coming from the five droid fighters right behind it.
    Narrowly coming out the other side unscathed, Anakin pulled his fighter back around after Obi-Wan and the pursuing fighters. A broad smile on his face, Anakin said, ?All right. We?re even.?
    ?I wish I could have seen the expression on your face,? Obi-Wan said, and there was no mistaking the smile in his voice.
    Anakin sped up again and closed the gap. The droid fighters were close now. He closed his eyes to slits and let the Force guide his hands. He thumbed the triggers in short bursts; one after another, after another, then raced through the balls of fire and debris. When he opened his eyes again all that was in front of him was Obi-Wan?s fighter. He pulled up next to him.
    ?Good shooting,? Obi-Wan said.
    There had been a time when

16. Prince_Revan

Prince_Revan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2004
    I am fine, tks :)

17. Darth_Underwear

Oct 14, 2004
    The short answer is, because you didn't start it.

But in reality I started it for all of you.

The ONE who has always been the Welcome Wagon and True Master of the Thread is LZM.

Without her devotion to JW and the Tread it would have died long ago.

Yes, I created it. But LZM has kept it alive. You are kind of the comic relief...

Peace, out.

DU

18. LadyZaraMarta

Aug 21, 2004
    REVENGE OF THE SITH - A FAN'S NOVEL - BY J W TITUS

pages 15-19

JW TITUS BEGAN TO PUBLISH HIS VERSION OF ROTS BEFORE THE MOVIE CAME OUT, BEGINNING IN 2004. SOME OF US THINK HIS VERSION WAS BETTER THAN THE FILM.

?We?re coming up on the planet?s first line of defenses now, General,? a Neimodian voice said over the comm..
    Grievous switched the holo-display to show the group of ships coming up in front of them. Twenty more Assault Cruisers, five more Venator-class Star Destroyers, and an assortment of smaller attack cruisers of differing designs. Grievous checked the giant cruiser?s position, and when he saw it another evil grin crossed his eyes.
    ?Right on target,? he said aloud to himself.
    ?General, should we call up some of our support cruisers from the rear-battle to help fend off these new ships?? a Neimodian tactical assistant asked. ?Without them we?ll be rather vulnerable to enemy attack on the bow.?
    Grievous paid the assistant no mind. He just stared at the chrono-clock in the console of the holo-display as it counted down.
    Dooku watched Grievous, wondering if he should give the order to bring up the cruisers himself, but he could tell that Grievous knew what his next move was going to be so he held his tongue.
    ?Prepare all missile ports to launch. Prepare the main gun for firing,? Grievous ordered.
    He watched as the chrono continued to count down.
    Dooku?s eyebrows raised. Perhaps Grievous didn?t have as much planned as he?d thought.
    The Republic cruisers were getting closer and closer.
    ?Launch all missiles on my mark.? Ten seconds left on the chrono.
    ?MARK!? Grievous shouted.
    Hundreds of streaks of white fire and blue light shot out from the giant cruiser, filling the entire bay of windows on the bridge. They raced towards the on-coming Republic cruisers, who continued towards them unabated. The missiles approached, and the cruisers opened fire with their turbo laser turrets. Green and red laser fire was everywhere as the ships targeted the enormous barrage of missiles. Brilliant explosions began erupting all across the line of missiles as they were shot down, and the number of explosions only intensified as the missiles got closer to their targets. It looked as if the hail of missiles was going to be for nothing?that every last one of them would be destroyed before they even reached their targets.
    Dooku shook his head in frustration.
    Seeing this, Grievous said, ?Watch and learn, Dooku. Watch and learn.?
    Dooku was about to tell him that he?d had just about enough of watching him turn this attack into a disaster when forty massive Separatist battleships appeared from out of hyperspace a short distance behind and to one side of the Republic cruisers. The newly arrived ships opened fire at once, launching volley after volley of their own missiles.
    The Republic ships on that side were caught completely by surprise. The power to their shields concentrated mostly to the front of the ships, their back sides were left virtually unprotected. The newly arrived Separatist battleships? missiles and laserfire tore into these ships? sides and engine housings. There were explosions all over the ships, and some of them even exploded completely in brilliant flashes like a sun going supernova.
    The Republic cruisers on the far side of the group reacted quickly and balanced their shielding power out across their hulls. They were able to withstand the blunt of the initial volley they received from the surprise attack, and several turned to face the new threat.
    ?Fire the main gun!? Grievous shouted, his synthesized voice charged with the elation of the battle.
    The giant Separatist Cruiser rocked as the gun fired, and then a thick, red streak of light and energy shot away. The powerful bolt struck the underside of a Republic cruiser that had been banking and ripped all the way through the ship. A second later, the cruiser exploded in an massive fireball. The shockwave and racing debris from the explosion struck two more close to it, ripping huge chunks

19. master-of-les-pauls

Jan 16, 2005
    You both as important as each other, if anything LZM is this threads heart and you are its soul and I'm the riff raff:p

20. MASTER-OF-EVIL

Nov 10, 2004
    Heya gentlebeings, hows everyone been? Thanks for the updates LZM! Glad you got my invite to the GAW group we've created on Facebook, i've sent you one MOLP as well hope to see you join us :D

Its been too damn cold down under lately, bring back the warmer weather i hope.

MOE

21. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    Keep the updates coming! This is really bringing back some fond memories for me as JW's novel was one of the best parts of the old 3SA forum. :)

22. LadyZaraMarta

Aug 21, 2004

Revenge of the Sith - A fan's version - by J W Titus

pages 20-24

Anakin and Obi-Wan plunged their Jedi fighters through the ever-expanding battlefield around Coruscant and raced in the direction of the giant Separatist Cruiser. Even more massive battleships, cruisers and attack ships had emerged from hyperspace and joined in the fray. Now the number of Republic and Separatist capital ships fighting were too great to count. The battle was enormous; filled with a frenzied wrath and carnage the likes of which the galaxy had never seen. The true nature of war momentarily reared its ugly head right there above the central planet of the Republic. It presented itself proudly for all to see?death and destruction were its sole purpose.
    The system?s sun was creeping around from behind the city-planet, and as it did it lit the terminator of the planet with a brilliant, red and orange glow. The angle of the sun?s light cast upon the uppermost levels of the battle; illuminating it, as if highlighting the destruction there. Dawn began creeping across the surface of the planet below, and the concentrated mass of lights of the city slowly began fading away.
    The Cruiser was right above the planet now, positioning itself into a stable orbit. Surrounding it was a wall of Separatist battleships. These battleships fought like a crazed pack of Vulowolves, protecting their leader with such ferocity that no Republic ships had been able to penetrate their lines. But the Republic forces were gathering around the group now, and appeared to be set on breaking the protective barrier and getting at the giant cruiser.
    Hundreds upon hundreds of Clone starfighters, droid fighters, other designs of Separatist fighters, and a handful of Jedi Starfighters that had come up from Coruscant, flocked around the enormous span of capital ships, locked in their own mortal combat. Anakin and Obi-Wan dodged their way through the mess, too intent on their objective to engage enemy targets. The chaos was terrible, and only beings as skilled in the Force as Anakin and Obi-Wan could pass through it unscathed.
    The movements of their fighters were in perfect synchronism. When Anakin turned, so did Obi-Wan. When Anakin dove, twisted or spun, so did Obi-Wan. It looked as if one mind were controlling both ships, as if the flight plan had been pre-programmed. The long years of fighting together in The Wars had made them this way, had made them this good of a team.
    They turned and headed straight for the concentrated mass of capital ships around the giant cruiser. This was where the fighting was the most intense, and the space was filled with blazing laser blasts, stray missiles, and enormous chunks of exploded cruisers on erratic paths.
    A gap was beginning to form in the ring of battleships surrounding the giant cruiser. One had massive fires spouting out all over its hull, while two others had lost their stabilizers and were floating off course. Three of the Jedi Cruisers took advantage of the hole by focusing their weaponry on the ships in that area, overwhelming the battleships and making the hole even bigger. The line began to deteriorate and the Star Destroyers moved in, but the fight was far from over.
    ?Republic scum?if you dare to attack my flagship, I will rain down fire and destruction upon your capital city!? General Grievous? voice said over the comm.. ?And if that is not reason enough to give you pause, know this; I will not hesitate to kill your Chancellor should you attack! So you know that I am telling the truth, I will demonstrate this ship?s awesome firepower! Watch, and tremble!?
    Anakin looked at the giant cruiser through the mass of ships, and saw a bright red streak of light race out from underneath it. The giant laser beam raced towards the planet below, and Anakin?s heart stopped for one terrible moment.
    Padmé? She was all he could think about as he saw the red lance of light disappear through the atmosphere of the planet. The horrifying thought that that laser blast might be hea

23. LadyZaraMarta

Aug 21, 2004
    First we get the left overs of Hurricane Katrina...

Then we had the ice storm...

...now we are flooding. 6.5 inches of rain in 1 hour. UL campus flooded, Churchill Downs flooded, cars floating in streets, Animal Shelter evaculated....

All in less than 1 year!!!

24. LadyZaraMarta

Aug 21, 2004
    THE REVENGE OF THE SITH - BY J W TITUS - A FAN'S NOVEL

PAGES 25-28

The walls were nearly touching the sides of their starfighters now, and Artoo whaled a loud scream. The end was almost closed completely. Sweat dripped from Anakin?s brow. Closer and closer?
    Anakin and Obi-Wan?s starfighters zipped out from between the two ships only a split second before the opening closed completely. The two remaining Tri-Fighters crashed into the closed opening in fireballs.
    ?That wasn?t so bad,? Anakin said with a sly grin as they flew away from the two crashing ships.
    ?Remind me again why I always go along with you on your foolish adventures,? Obi-Wan commented.
    They were within the inner circle now. The giant Separatist Cruiser lay before them. The defensive line of battleships had been completely broken. Republic Assault Cruisers and Jedi Cruisers were moving in to surround the ship holding the Supreme Chancellor, while a handful of enemy battleships tried desperately to keep them back. Even though they now had a clear shot, no Republic ship fired upon the giant cruiser. They only surrounded it to make sure it had nowhere to go.
    Anakin and Obi-Wan were close to the cruiser. It was so big that it filled the entire viewport of Anakin?s fighter.
    ?So, what do we do now?? Obi-Wan asked.
    ?We?re getting aboard that ship and rescuing Chancellor Palpatine,? Anakin stated.
    ?How did I know you were going to say that. This is crazy. You know that, don?t you??
    Anakin smiled. ?It wouldn?t be an adventure if it wasn?t.?
    Artoo switched the image on the display to bring something to Anakin?s attention. His brow furrowed, he pushed a few buttons on his console to magnify the image.
    ?Anakin, are you seeing this?? Obi-Wan asked.
    ?Was just taking a look,? he said as he inspected the objects more closely. It was a group of droid starfighters, but they were a design he?d never seen before. They were similar to the Vulture droidfighter, but were wider with a larger, flat and round central core covered with bumps.
    ?What do you make of them?? Obi-Wan asked.
    ?I?m not sure?. Artoo?can you make anything of them??
    R2-D2 gave a series of beeps and whistles to tell Anakin that he?d never seen anything like them before either.
    Anakin read the droid?s response. ?We may be in for a surprise,? he said.
    ?I really hate flying,? Obi-Wan said.
    The strange fighters continued towards them. Anakin?s hands were ready to yank the control yolks at the first sign of danger, and he reached out through the Force to feel for any such feeling. The fighters were closing in, and his thumbs moved over the triggers on the ends of the control yolks?hovering there and ready to fire.
    The fighters were almost upon them now, and Anakin expected them to open fire at any second. But instead of firing upon them, the small bumps all over the tops of the central cores of the droid fighters popped off, and the fighters dove down and away from the Jedi Starfighters. The small cloud of half-sphere bumps raced towards Anakin and Obi-Wan?s starfighters on blue-white engines, and revelation suddenly struck Anakin.
    ?Break away! Break away!? he shouted, turning his fighter sharply to the left and into a dive.
    Obi-Wan, for the first time, reacted just a split second later, which was just a little too late.
    Anakin watched as the cloud of half-spheres swarmed at Obi-Wan?s ship as he turned. Right before they reached Obi-Wan?s ship the domes of the half-spheres popped up to reveal the heads and four short, grappling legs of small droids. The droids turned completely around and latched onto Obi-Wan?s fighter with their claw-like legs.
    Once they landed the droids crawled across the surface like Dango beetles and headed straight for Obi-Wan?s blaster cannons. Obi-Wan tried shaking his fighter back and forth to throw them off, but they held fast. Two more, shorter legs emerged from the front of the small droids and began shooting out a green laserbeam. The cutting lasers tore through the blaster cannons, and after only a few seconds the fron

25. LadyZaraMarta

Aug 21, 2004
    REVENGE OF THE SITH - A FAN'S NOVEL - BY J.W. TITUS

This version of 'ROTS' began in 2004 and ended. about 2 weeks before the movie premiered.

Titus's fans wondered then if we were reading an advance version of the movie.

You decide! Remember - this first came out late summer 2004!

Enjoy!

pages 29-31

?Saving your life. I?m aiming you at the open hangar of the ship.? One more swift nudge, and Obi-Wan?s fighter was on a direct course to fly into the enormous hangar through the middle of the ship.
    ?Okay?. Okay?.? Obi-Wan said. His voice was filled with a tension Anakin had never heard before. ?You?re going to have to take out the shield generators for me to get through.?
    ?Right,? Anakin said, then sped ahead towards the ship.
    Gun turrets opened fire on him as he approached. He dodged the fire with ease as he piloted towards an area right above the hangar opening. A massive, metal sphere sat atop of this portion of the ship, and Anakin opened fire on it with all his guns.
    The intensity of the laser fire coming at him increased as soon as he began firing, but they did nothing to slow him or halt his barrage. He pummeled the power source of the shield generators with red lasers. The Force told him where to shot. It showed him the weakest spots in the sphere near its base. Finally, it erupted in a rolling ball of flame that his ship flew through.
    As soon as the shields for the hangar went down, the computer systems of the ship automatically began closing the hangar doors. They were huge, lumbering pieces of durasteel, but they moved surprisingly fast.
    ?This just keeps getting better and better,? Obi-Wan said.
    ?You?ll make it,? Anakin assured, even though he wasn?t certain himself.
    Artoo gave a series of concerned beeps and whistles.
    Anakin positioned himself right behind and to the side of Obi-Wan?s fighter as the closing doors loomed closer and closer before them. He could tell that it was going to be close. Really close.
    With the Force on their side, both of them raced through the closing doors with only a handful of meters to spare on either side of their fighters. But now Obi-Wan was heading straight for the closed hangar doors on the other side of the ship.
    A flash of light in Obi-Wan?s cockpit caught Anakin?s eye and he knew what Obi-Wan had in mind. Wanting to give him some room, Anakin banked away so as to make a pass of the inside of the hangar.
    As he came around, he saw Obi-Wan?s blue-white lightsaber blade sticking out of the top of his cockpit, cutting a hole. A second later the round piece flew away and Obi-Wan emerged. Obi-Wan jumped from the ship just before it crashed into the closed doors on the other side of the hangar.
    Anakin watched Obi-Wan fall to his feet on the dull gray floor of the hangar. As soon as Obi-Wan landed he was attacked by a group of battledroids. Anakin swung his fighter around and came in. Obi-Wan was doing his best to fend off the tremendous number of attacking droids with his lightsaber, but there were too many. Anakin swooped in and opened fire, taking out a large swath of the droids.
    Anakin landed as quickly as he could a short ways away and sprang from his cockpit. He ignited his own, blue-white lightsaber and ran to help Obi-Wan, taking out battledroid after battledroid along his way. He was swift and incredibly efficient with the blade. Each spin was tight, each swipe precise as if the blade were an extension of his body. His control was nearly perfect.
    He reached Obi-Wan and they turned back-to-back.
    ?The elevators are this way. Let?s get going,? Anakin said, then began side-stepping to his right. Obi-Wan mirrored his moves as they swiftly walked towards the elevators with backs to each other, fighting off the attacking droids as they went.
    Anakin and Obi-Wan stood with their backs to the elevator doors as they waited for them to open. Their lightsabers whirred up and down, back and forth as they continued to fend off the pursuing droids. Sparks from stray bolts hitting the wall be

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.