main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*****Jysella Horn Fan Club*****

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Alishu06, Oct 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    The Ben pairing's a definite yes, but Jysella might have to be either rarely there or totally absent in order for the kid to really not feel comfortable with his or her special abilities.

2. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    easy way to make her totally absent is to kill her in childbirth....

that way the kid has not only the issue that the kid lacks TK, but also the 'guilt' a lot of kids feel from those situations...

3. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    The issue with that is that I want someone who knows what it's like to not have TK to eventually come in and help the kid. I was more thinking of giving Jysella mission after mission and leaving the kid at the Academy on Ossus. I dunno, I'll probably get to it once I get through the 'guess the author' and my homework.

4. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    Hmmm, yeah that would be an interesting fic...

5. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    this is a problem.....

what about Valin?

6. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I dunno. It's still in the planning stage, especially since I got a pile of RL stuff and more WIPs than I have fingers on my hand.

7. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Master, I am here and ready to be a Jysella fan!

8. Alishu06

Mar 29, 2005
    Bout time ;) lol glad ya decided to join us...

9. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Welcome to teh club, Azul!

10. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Good to see you Azul!!! :)

About the question about TK in a Horn-Skywalker...I think it is possible...Just as a non-Force-sensitive is possible. Although, considering that Anakin Skywalker was the most powerful Force-sensitive, it is highly unlikely. However, that plot bunny bit me too...

But SilSolo, I just read your post...I'm anxious to see where you take your story...great beginning. :D

As for what Jys would wear... since she was brought up nearly completely by the Jedi at the Academy, I think she would be most comfortable in Jedi robes and since it is tradition for Corellian Jedi to wear green, they probably would be green...At least that is how I write the Horn Jedi--Corran, Valin and Jys...

FL @};-

11. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Good point on teh dress. Jysella would feel most at home in her Jedi robes.

As for Force-sensitivity, Jade_Max made Jacen and Tenel Ka's first daughter non-Force sensitive, so it'd definitely possible with Jysella and Ben's kids, especially since Mirax and Padme weren't Force-sensitive and we dont' really know about Mara. In fact, I've Mara down as the illegitimate child of a Jedi and a non-Force-sensitve mother who opted her for adoption in one of my fanfics.

12. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Silsolo: This is a little off topic but I'd love to read any story about Mara's beginnings...My first muse for fanfic, which still is floating around in my head but never made it anywhere else, was about how Mara came about...basically my plot bunny was that Obi-wan was her father to an OC weak Force-sensitive mother after he went to Tatooine. Someday I really need to write that story...along with all the others I have floating around up there in the rafters of my brain....:p

But I too think it could be possible for non-Force-sensitives in the Skywalker or Solo line, especially as the generations from Anakin become greater....However, if the mother or father is Force-sensitive I think it would be more likely for a Force-sensitive child...

FL @};-

13. DemonPrincess

DemonPrincess Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2004
    I regret not jumping in on this when it was started a few weeks ago! I am a fan of the entire Horn family (we don't see enough of them, unfortunately :( ) I would really like to know how growing up with "famous" parents affected these kids. We get to hear about it a little with the Solo kids, but not the Horn or Antillies children.

14. Alishu06

Mar 29, 2005
    welcome :)

I agree with you, the Horns would be just like the Solos...

15. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I think so, too, but Han Solo's considered to be the most 'Corellian' of all Corellians, so the Horns and Antilles have it much easier.

16. Alishu06

Mar 29, 2005
    Good point...

17. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Then again, tehre's how Corran was considered a traitor for 'killing' Ithor and I'm not sure if the fact that Booster had once been in prison counts toward anything.

18. Alishu06

Mar 29, 2005
    don't you just love family ties?

19. Alishu06

Mar 29, 2005
    upping this ;)

20. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Question: Was Valin Jysella's Master? Luke said that he sent them both far from Corellia and Jys was only 16 in Betrayal, so I'm wondering who's teaching her.

21. Alishu06

Mar 29, 2005
    Good question, I'm not sure, I don't think I could handle being my sibling's master no matter what age, so I don't know if Valin would be hers or not.

22. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    THen you'd know the answer better than I do because I never had any siblings.

23. Alishu06

Mar 29, 2005
    hehehe yeah, guess so

24. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    That's a good thought there, Valin being Jysella's Master. It also gives some strength to the theory of Jysella being kinder and less coarse than Valin, because in order to be his foil in careful situations someone would have to keep her Master's mouth shut . . .

Of course, this might mean the situation would be reversed and Jysella is the one with the coarse mouth and Valin's the patient one, against popular belief . . .

25. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Rebel_cheese, that describes her in my old fanfic The Final Battle.

So how's this for a possible list of Masters for Jys:

Tesar
    Saba (Leia apparently graduated)
    Lowie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.