main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

K*B Toy AOTC Carded 4-Packs

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Jawa-Juice, Dec 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jawa-Juice

Jawa-Juice Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2002
    The K*B Toy store here is selling some, mainly the older Saga figures as a set of 4 for $7.99. They are all individually carded but they come in a single large Star Wars carded frame, one in each corner...like a square. On another note, they have the 25th Anniversary 2-packs for $4.99. Great deals for Christmas gifts!

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    A question about the 4-packs:
    How are the 4-packs sealed together? Do you have to cut the packaging in order to get to the figures, or can you just take off some tape or snap something open?

I know on the 2-packs I recently found at K-Mart, they were sealed so that you had to cut the packaging open in order to get to the figures. If you can just pop it open and switch the figures, then extreme collectors won't have as many variations to look out for.

3. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I have seen these four packs. I agree, they are great Christmas gifts. They're really cool if you ask me, a great way to get someone's collection started. I saw a set today of four Chewbacca w/ C-3PO and a set w/ three Zam Wessels and a Bespin Vader. Honestly, I think they pack them in the K-B store itself, choosing the ones they have an abundance of.

But no, they are not factory-sealed, to answer YodaJeff's question. They have a piece of tape on both sides, but if you try to take it off, like I did, it tears the paint off of the cardboard.

4. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    It's weird that the 4-pack is cheaper than just buying 4 figures separately.

5. Legolas_Greenleaf_

Legolas_Greenleaf_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 10, 2002
    I think that's the point, Ret. 8-}

6. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "It's weird that the 4-pack is cheaper than just buying 4 figures separately."

That's the point, buddy.

Ever heard of "Buy 1, get 1 free"? How about, "Buy 2, get the 3rd half off"? :p

7. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    i went to my [non]local kaybee today and i saw them , which brings me to my point . i bought the playschool arena adventure today for my lil bro , i love it and wonder it is okay to open it (carefuly) before i wrap it and carefuly play with them before him ? is that totaly wrong ?

BTW : the 4packs are in their same packaging and are put together by a piece of cardboard with 4 hole for the figs . i didnt get any because i already OWE 6 bucks . i have $85 but that is going in my bank account .

8. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    "Ever heard of "Buy 1, get 1 free"? How about, "Buy 2, get the 3rd half off"? "

Uh yeah, so why can't you just buy 4 figures that aren't in the 4-pack? It's discrimination.

9. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Because the 4 figures that are in the 4-pack are the ones that they're having trouble selling. They're not going to sell the figures that people actually want at a decent price, because then they'd be left with even more of the ones that they have trouble selling.

10. Legolas_Greenleaf_

Dec 10, 2002
    They're having trouble selling them because they have the same figures at Wal-Mart for a cheaper price. 8-}

11. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Well I went to KB yesterday and they had TONS of Zams, so I can imagine why they'd put a Zam in their 4-packs.

12. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    my dream 4-pack

Clone pilot-Anakin wedding scene*-Boba fett jabbas palace*-Padme wedding dress*

* not out yet

13. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    Sorry.
    I don't think Hasbro would be that willing to put those great figures in a discount pack.

14. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    yes , but has anyone seen the BJ's two packs ?

15. Blast

Blast Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2002
    Yea I picked up a few BJ 2-packs,They were a pain to open though.

16. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Clone trooper, Clone trooper, Clone trooper, Clone trooper. <- My dream 4-pack

17. Blast

Blast Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2002
    That would be a good one,Id definatly purchase that.

18. Darth_Stove

Darth_Stove Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    Well, I went to KB Toys on Saturday and picked up the "new" Yoda and Destroyer Droid. I also got one of the 4 packs. They didnt really have anything good in the packs though, I got one with Mace, Endor Soldier, Super Battle Droid and Jar Jar. $7.99 is a fair price....I should have opened it and put better figures in it :)

19. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    are there any good ones in bjs ?
    i may go there but if thats $10 for two and the same guys as KB , i could spend $8 for four !

20. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    my other dream packs

Battle droid-battle droid-super battle droid-droideka
    or
    Clone-clone-clone-clone pilot

21. jango_joe

jango_joe Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2002
    just pull a switch-a-roo, and pull out the lame figs. and put in new ones

22. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    "Because the 4 figures that are in the 4-pack are the ones that they're having trouble selling."

Have you guys seen this pocture, what kind of store would have trouble selling these figs?

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/publications/kaybeeSAGA4-pack.jpg]

I wouldn't mind getting all those for 8 bucks.

23. TOBBI_DALA

TOBBI_DALA Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2002
    "my other dream packs

Battle droid-battle droid-super battle droid-droideka
    or
    Clone-clone-clone-clone pilot"

Master Fett: From what i have heard, they ARE bringing out a 3 or 4 pack of Battle Droids and Clone Troopers next year. It will be 3 Clone Troopers in one pack and 4 Battle Droids in another or 3 Battle Droids and 4 Clone Troopers. I will have to recheck my source.

24. Ret

Dec 17, 1999
    "Because the 4 figures that are in the 4-pack are the ones that they're having trouble selling. "

I disagree. I saw several with recent figs like Endor Solo and Djas Puhr that aren't on many shelves around here.

25. Legolas_Greenleaf_

Dec 10, 2002
    I saw the same thing, Ret. 8-} :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.