main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Kaagi Adin, how a young initiate was found

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Title: Kaagi Adin
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: pre JA -109 years before TPM
    Characters: Gli-Ra-Ond, Aaqu (16), Kaagi (2), all OCs
    Genre: drama one post
    Keywords:
    Summary: young Kaagi Adin is found
    Disclaimer: Star Wars = George Lucas.

Two Jedi were on a fieldtrip to Moniron and were hiking through the wood.

Master Gli-Ra-Ond was a Jedi-healer and a human. He was 32 years old and had long greying hair and a beard and dark-brown piercing eyes under bushy eyebrows. Padawan Aaqu was his apprentice and 16 years old and had raven hair and green brown eyes. He was a Dunai human and from this planet and had asked his master to visit his home-planet.

A crashing sound was heard and towards them on the small path they were following a white animal ran.

Master Gli-Ra-Ond used the Force to stop the animal before it could overrun them.

Padawan Aaqu recognised the species and said ?It is a husan and by the looks of it, he belongs to the Dunai elder. He has the same silken coat and manes as the husans I saw when I was a young two year old. That was a few weeks before Yoda found me and took me to the temple.?

They guided the animal by its bridle to a pond and it started to quench its thirst immediately.

Master Gli-Ra-Ond examined the animal and said ?It has run away after an attack, look it has some scratches on his leg. We have to find its masters.?

They took the animal and hiked along the trail until they came to a clearing. Suddenly a muffled cry was heard. Aaqu recognized the muffled noise to be the cry of a Dunai elder child.

He rushed over to a small bush and huddled under it sat a small frightened child. Aaqu gently picked the still struggling child up.

"Hush little one" Aaqu whispered soothingly in basic. As he wiped away his tears padawan Aaqu found a strong Force-presence coming from the child.

"Who is this child?" Gli-Ra-Ond wondered aloud.

"I know not master, but let us ask him, he appears old enough to speak, and understand" Aaqu answered his question.

Gli-Ra-Ond took the quieted boy from his padawan's arms. The boy made a small mew of protest at being taken from his saviors arms, but Gli-Ra-Ond quickly quieted him.

"Can you tell me your name little one?" Gli-Ra-Ond asked the small boy in a quiet voice.

"Can you tell us your parents' names? That would help us find them." Aaqu asked softly.

The boy just looked at him and Gli-Ra-Ond noticed the tears that leaked out of the boys large grey almost silver eyes. "F father?? M mother??" the boy asked quietly. The child pointed at the other end of the clearing and through the trees a path could be seen winding down to another larger clearing.

They followed the path until they came to the larger clearing.

They gaped at the wreckage and carnage that had once been the house of a Dunai elder family.

Padawan Aaqu entered the cabin with his lightsaber ignited and shifted through every room in search of survivors.

Suddenly, Aaqu let out a strangled cry as he saw a Dunai elder lying face up his eyes wide open, with gashes and blood everywhere, and next to him a woman only a few metres to his left.

She was lying on her side her eyes also wide open. Bandits lay everywhere. He ran out of the house and said ?They are dead.?

"This was your house and they were your parents little one?" Gli-Ra-Ond questioned softly.
    The boy nodded shakily.

"Oh dear" whispered Aaqu. He really felt for the small boy. It was horrible to lose your parents. ?He is Force-sensitive and should become a Jedi. We could take him to the temple Master.?

Master Gli-Ra-Ond gripped the young Dunai elder a little tighter.

"I am sorry little one, you will return with us to Coruscant and the Jeditemple." Gli-Ra-Ond told the child softly.

He placed the child on the husan and padawan Aaqu mounted up behind him and wrapped him in his cloak.

Master Gli-Ra-Ond guided the husan the short trip to the place where they had landed their transport, a large meadow near a village. Other husans were grazing on this meadow and as soon as

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    That was a cute, yet in places horrific, story. I'm glad the Jedi are going to contact the authorities - no baby snatching yet not spending valuable story time on it - just a throwaway line that fills in a lot of information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.