main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Kaal's Fan Art (10/28/2006 Jango & Boba)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Kaal-Jhyy, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaal-Jhyy

Kaal-Jhyy Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2005
    10/28/2006 Update:

Ok, here are my latest Star Wars works:

Jango Fett AOTC
    [image=http://yaddle.free.fr/portfolio/illustration/starwars/files/page50-1004-full.jpg]

Boba Fett OT
    [image=http://yaddle.free.fr/portfolio/illustration/starwars/files/page50-1005-full.jpg]

And here's my entry for the "Mandalorian" contest:

Jango & Boba
    [image=http://yaddle.free.fr/portfolio/downloads/downloads/files/page51_1.jpg]
    > Full Size

Note: you can find "Jango & Boba" in higher res, as well as the background alone, in the "Wallpapers" section of my site.
    It has been a long and difficult work for me (surely cause I'm not a pro...), and, well, I really hope you'll like it. ;)

Kaal

-------------------

Archives

Luke Skywalker ANH
    Kit Fisto ROTS
    Han Solo ANH
    Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS

2. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Great job! I really like your drawings. I look forward to seeing more, especially drawings of my favorite charcters: Luke and Mara.

Keep up the great work!

AG88

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Greetings Kaal and welcome to the Fan Art forum! These are just wonderful illustrations! I love the coloring and shading, and they look very clean and professional! I love Obi Wan, but I think Kit Fisto is my favorite of these! Great work on all the difficult detailing on him! It's going to be fun to see more of these!

Again, welcome!

FF

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome to Fan Art, Kaal!

Those are really great! Great job on the likenesses! Were these drawn right into Illustrator or did you draw them on paper first and the scan them?

5. Daenna

Daenna Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2006
    I absolutely love Illustrator renderings! I'm sure these take a lot of time to create, and so I admire the effort...!

Keep'em coming!

6. Kaal-Jhyy

Kaal-Jhyy Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2005
    Wow, what a warm welcoming! And thanks for the nice words. I'm really happy to be here! :)

The drawing is made only in Illustrator, mainly cause I use a reference photo as the base, that I put on a layer. And I draw directly over it. At least, that's the case for those SW illustrations. For some other works, in which I don't need a photo for reference, I draw on paper and I scan.

Luke is planned for my next works, and it will surely be with ANH appearance. ;)

Illustrator is simply a great way to make clean renders IMO, I just love it! By the way, I've just seen YOUR work, and I have to admit that it's really beautiful, you have a great style! I especially love the "Bardan Jusik" illustration. ;)

So, I'll continue my series of SW characters, and post it here. Thanks again.
    (and sorry for my english...)

7. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    That's very beautiful! Do you made that by PS or Painter? Just wondered:D And I really wish to view more of your work!

8. Kaal-Jhyy

Kaal-Jhyy Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2005
    As I said in my first post, these illustrations have been made entirely with Illustrator. ;)

9. Daenna

Daenna Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2006
    I checked out your portfolio and enjoyed your sketches.... Keep it up!

(your english is very good by the way! :) I'm from France, too, it's cool to see another Frenchie on here!!!)

10. Kaal-Jhyy

Kaal-Jhyy Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2005
    Thanks a lot! And "Que la Force soit avec toi"! ;)

So, here's my latest creation for my SW character series:

Luke Skywalker ANH
    [image=http://yaddle.free.fr/portfolio/illustration/starwars/files/page50-1003-full.jpg]

Hope you will enjoy it. ;)

11. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    I really like your rendering of Luke. He looks great in his Farmboy attire... although I prefer him in what he was wearing at the medal presentation scene in ANH. I love that leather jacket.

Great job!

AG88

12. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    These drawings are amazing, very life-like and original in style. What program did you use, did you use more then one?

13. Kaal-Jhyy

Kaal-Jhyy Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2005
    Well, I also like his celebration costume, but for now, I haven't found a good reference photo of Luke wearing it. BTW, if someone has this, I'm interested. ;)

No, just Illustrator. ;)

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Excellent Luke, Kaal! Very nice! I really like the tones and shading you're doing on these--most effective!

FF

15. Kaal-Jhyy

Kaal-Jhyy Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2005
    Ok, here are my latest Star Wars works:

Jango Fett AOTC
    [image=http://yaddle.free.fr/portfolio/illustration/starwars/files/page50-1004-full.jpg]

Boba Fett OT
    [image=http://yaddle.free.fr/portfolio/illustration/starwars/files/page50-1005-full.jpg]

And here's my entry for the "Mandalorian" contest:

Jango & Boba
    [image=http://yaddle.free.fr/portfolio/downloads/downloads/files/page51_1.jpg]
    > Full Size

Note: you can find "Jango & Boba" in higher res, as well as the background alone, in the "Wallpapers" section of my site.
    It has been a long and difficult work for me (surely cause I'm not a pro...), and, well, I really hope you'll like it. ;)

Kaal

16. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Wonderful, Kaal! =D= These all look great--I can't get over the detailing you've achieved with both of those complex costumes...they look terrific! And the collage of them both for the Challenge is great! Wonderful work!

FF

17. Kaal-Jhyy

Kaal-Jhyy Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2005
    Thanks a lot for the kind words. [face_blush]
    And yes, mandalorian armors are really much harder to draw than jedi clothes... It has took me days for each of them... [face_hypnotized]

;)

18. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    hehe--the armor is fun to play with!

Great job! Love the Mandos :)

19. Kaal-Jhyy

Kaal-Jhyy Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2005
  20. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Well done! Just looking at yours gives me ideas on how to better the Fett I did.

21. Todan

Todan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    Grate work Kaal keep it up mate

Todan

22. Kaal-Jhyy

Kaal-Jhyy Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2005
    Thanks! :)

23. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Lovely mandos

24. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    I didn't mention this before, but Boba Fett's unique pose is captured very well. :D
    IMHO, it almost makes him look a little more "laid-back" than Jango, who is usually pictured in a more aggressive stance--a nod to Boba's calm, calculating demeanor. ;)

25. Kaal-Jhyy

Kaal-Jhyy Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2005
    Thanks for the kind words :)
    And yeah, I really agree, the poses of Boba Fett are very more calm than Jango's. As many Boba fans, I've always loved his "cool attitude".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.