main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Kadann vs. Cronal

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth-Darth Binks, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Darth-Darth Binks

Darth-Darth Binks Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2016
    Who is more powerful in the Force? Who has the better techniques? Who is more cunning? Who has more knowledge? Who has more influence? Who is cooler in general? I can't really decide, so if it doesn't bother you guys, please share your thoughts!

2. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I'd say Cronal. He's just way smarter, way more dangerous.

I mean, maybe without his meltmassif he probably wouldn't be as formidable, but he managed to grief Luke and the New Republic for several years before he was ultimately killed,

Kadann just tried to kidnap Palpatine's grandson.

Oh wait, according to the Wook that wasn't the real Kadann. But it doesn't seem like the real Kadann ever actually got any real stories to show off his stuff.

Yeah, Cronal.

3. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Kadann predicted Palpatine's failure at Endor, which sort of makes him smarter or at least more prescient than literally everyone else on either side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Aren't versus threads not allowed on the boards?

5. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I doubt that this thread is going to get heated and emotional in the way a Kylo vs Jacen thread would, for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArindaRise likes this.
  6. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    Cronal, because he's everyone. I'm Cronal. You're Cronal.

7. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Oh God that would be a nightmare

ArindaRise likes this.
  8. SheaHublin

SheaHublin Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 15, 2008
    Cronal and Kadann BOTH foresaw that Palpatine would fall, Kadann specifically at Endor, and Cronal (per his thoughts on Mindor) once he learned that Skywalker was Vader's son.

It should be remembered that Cronal was afraid of the other Prophets (while he was one) turning on him- again, per his own thoughts) and his actual physical form was usually so weak and withered that somebody who could actually physically get to him would likely have an easy time offing him.

Cronal might well have had a stronger aptitude for prophecy than Kadann, but sometime a mind is only as strong as the withered, decrepit body it's in. Why else would he want to substitute his mind into Luke's body?

Sulalcain and Darth-Darth Binks like this.
  9. Darth-Darth Binks

Darth-Darth Binks Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2016

Thanks!

And yeah, I didn't want anything heated, just analysis, which was provided. It seems that from what you guys said in tandem from what I read that technically, Kadann likely was more powerful in the Force, but Cronal definitely had more actual story and therefore more opportunities to demonstrate his actual powers, and perhaps could better refine his Force potential into actual skills due to his particular types of training and sociopathic cunning, making him more dangerous than Kadann in many ways. However, Cronal was still limited by his Dark-Side ravaged body, and that body made him somewhat insane.