Kai's Shamless Self-Promotional Post

Discussion in 'Santa Cruz, CA' started by Kai_Vandekar, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, I admit it. This is an "all about me" post. Or, more accurately, an "all about the costuming group(s) I'm in" post. I finally did a website update for our groups' multimedia sections!

And, sadly, there are NO Star Wars masquerade routines up...because I've NOT YET BEEN PART OF ONE! ARGH! How can this be? But there are several Lord of the Rings routines, one piratical routine (ARRRR!), and a Firefly/Serenity routine.

Today, I have put multimedia pages up for:

1. Big Damn Heroes - our Comic-Con 2005 Masquerade presentation for Serenity/Firefly, "Running From the Reavers." The page has lyrics, the video (close to 5 MB), the music, and a downloadable .pdf of our costume documentation, because I think we all did an attractive job on that.
    http://www.scendan.com/bigdamnheroes.html

2. Really Bad Eggs - our Baycon 2004 Masquerade presentation for Pirates of the Caribbean, "A Sequel's Life for Me." The page has lyrics, the video (between 4 and 5 MG), and the music. And attitude.
    http://www.scendan.com/sequelslife.html

The videos on these pages are primarily in .wmv format (with a few in .rm format). I know not everybody can access .wmv format, but most can, and it provides good compression/quality. You can reach the pages through the links above, or for access to ANY and ALL of our routines you can just go to:

http://www.scendan.com/lotrindex.htm

Then go to the "Multimedia" dropdown menu. "One Ring Circus" and "Prancing Pony Players" routines are all Lord of the Rings-spoofs of various sorts. Really Bad Eggs is the Pirate routine, and Big Damn Heroes is the Firefly/Serenity one. All of the pages have lyrics, photos, video, and music files you can access (with the exception of Razzle Dazzle which was, sadly, never filmed as far as I know).

Enjoy!

- Kai (aka Frodo, Cracked Carrie, and Kaylee)

P.S. I need a Star Wars routine to add to this list! Hmmmmm.
  2. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok Kai... *does Jedi hand-waving thingy!* Poof! We will start working on a SW routine! You are part of us..stuck with us...and therefore..we NOW will have a SW routine to figure out to work with you on! (There..YOU started this!!!) [face_laugh]

We'll get working on this asap... so Start the PM's coming folks.. (Cause whatever we do we want to be a BIG SURPRISE!!!).... [face_laugh]

There..Happy Now?!!! [face_dancing]

BTW Kai does INCREDIBLE Stuff... I've seen it and have a DVD of it.. AND Seeing the One Ring Circus is what prompted me to literally hunt Frodo and the Rest down at BayCon and go OMG!!! So the SAGA Begins.....
  3. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    Awwwww. *squees happily* :)

You know, I DO have those spoof lyrics about Sidious still floating around... ;)

- Kai
  4. DarkLordSid Jedi Master

star 4
    HEY now!

At least I don't have Koza's all too memorable line (and no I'm not repeating it here).

But I have been known to hold out a glass of water to Obi and say, "Yooouuuu wannnt this donnn't yoooouuu..."

5. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    I shared the spoof with the board! You read it! It's not all THAT bad... ;)
  6. ID-2132 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Um, I have most of a Tie pilot and a Rebel pilot costume put together now...besides my black robes. :)
  7. DarkLordSid Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, let's ask the experts...

"It wasn't bad...but lord is wasn't good..." Milo Bloom

"HAIRBALL!" Duck #1, Duck #2, Duck #3: [All together]

"ACKKK! PHHHHTTT!" Bill the Cat

Bloom County 1983-1991

*wink* Just kidding, heh. I have to get my dark side abuse brownie points for the week thru peer abuse, it's in my contract, and I had this flashback to reading the 'new' Bloom County book while sitting in line for ROTJ waaaaay back when, and it just came to me.

https://www.berkeleybreathed.com/pages/favorite_strips.asp

8. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm, reminds me of my very first WorldCon. Life-Sized Bill the Cat on display WITH nonstop drool fountain and sponge tongue...and flies attached to his head by little springy wires. [face_laugh] Dang I wanted that thing...

Course now Mr. and Mrs. Sid have me hooked on Foxtrot! Jason Rocks!:cool:

9. DarkLordSid Jedi Master

star 4
    Foxtrot? Ah, blame the Mrs., it's her thing.
    Lots of Star Wars references though... funny stuff.
  10. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I love Foxtrot! What's the iguana's name again? Did you see the sequence where Jason was wearing him on his head and walking around insulting the others...hilarious.
  11. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    QUINCY! I love him. He tends to have the best expressions on his face, no matter what Jason is either doing to him, or having him do. [face_laugh]

Yeah, I know the sequence you are talking about.. I was dying laughing. :)
  12. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    Foxtrot = thumbs up
    Bill the Cat = *scrapes foot on edge of curb* But he was cool in his CATatonic way...
  13. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    ACK! ACK! ACK! * <--- Very Small Hairball
  14. DarkLordSid Jedi Master

star 4
    Back in the days of Windows 3.1 my computer would start with the following wave sound at work...

Bwwwwwaaaaaaa... kaaaaaaaackkkkk!

Sadly, I can't find the .wav file anymore, it was from "Wish for Wings That Work" of Billy having a massive hairball.

The other was from Young Frankenstein, "It's alive...!!"

:)
  15. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    Speaking of WorldCon, which we weren't...isn't it in LA this year? Anybody going?

- Kai
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.