1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!

Art Archive Kakkay's "Graphic Design" Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Kakkay, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. Kakkay Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Hey guys, I don't have much to post up on my first visit... Although more on that later...

But I've spent hours working on this "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed" poster. I'd always wanted to see what a theatrical poster would look like for "TFU", and whether or not I'd want to go and see it.

In an un-biased view, I'd say "Yes" because that picture of Starkiller is an instant win! :p

Anyway, here's the image! [image=http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/4148/theforceunleashedfinalc.jpg]

Now, I haven't uploaded the rest of my work as it's already being hosted at;

kakkay.deviantart.com

Otherwise, I would've posted it up here! Thanks for checking the thread out! :D
  2. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
  3. Squishy_Vic Force Ghost

star 4
    Emphasis mine. Nice work.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
  5. Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    It looks awesome!! :D

But now that I see it a second time, it may appear just the tiniest bit messy...Other than that, it's perfect. =D=
  6. Kakkay Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Messy? It's based on the "Return of the Jedi" 'Special Edition' poster, and that has even more stuff on it! :p
  7. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    My only critique (as I very much love the whole thing, has a nice atmosphere), is your treatment of text in the "box" at the bottom. It is usually best to keep spacing in those sort of situations even, and if you are going to change type size, make it have a strong contrast. Also keep in mind that there should really not be more than 3 different type sizes on the entire poster.
  8. Kakkay Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I know what you mean. It's just so hard sometimes to get it so that it looks 'right'. For me, it's right as it is. But I definately know what you mean. I also hate having to resort to using a 'drop shadow', but because of the wide veriety of colours over where the text is, I had no choice.
  9. Black-Dog Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    :eek: That TFU poster is just too awesome for words. =D=

Any chance of trying something like this based on the KOTOR games? :)
  10. GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Dude, that's awesome! I love the sweet poster. =D=
  11. Kakkay Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I've tried doing a 'KOTOR' poster in the past, actually. It always falls flat due to the lack of any high resolution images available. It's a pain, otherwise I'd make loads of them :p
  12. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Can´t wait for the next poster that you plan...

*still goes =D= for the first one*
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.