main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Kalo Ras -- A Warrior's Tale

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arelim, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arelim

Arelim Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2004
    [I wrote this story a while ago, so I don't really remember how good it is... Anyway, it takes place during the NJO, soon after the fall of Obroa-Skai.]

Kalo Ras strolled through the Coruscant park. While the park was artificial, since Coruscant is all city and no nature, as some, more environmental-minded citizens put it, it was still beautiful and full of life. Men like Kalo had no care whether Coruscant was a city, a nature-filled world, or a wasteland. It was their home.
    Kalo picked up a flower, held it above him, then released, letting the gentle plant float away on the breeze created by hidden fans all through the park. As he crossed a wooden bridge, over a small stream, he was knocked from his feet by a glass-shattering explosion. His ears seared with pain, and he stood and looked out the hundred thirty-fourth floor window--or what had been a window moments before--to see a nearby building crumple as Yuuzhan Vong plasma erupted through its floors. The platform connecting the two building held for a moment, then snapped, as if it had been a twig under the foot of a bear.
    Another plasma missile flew past the park, smashing into another building, collapsing it. Knowing it wouldn't be long until the Vong attacked the building he was in, he ran for the elevator. If he couldn't get to Jarth before this building collapsed, he was sure that they would both die.
    The elevator doors opened as another nearby building was attacked. Some Republic officer came onto the news channels, overriding all others, and informing the planet of the attack. Kalo ran through the halls, finally reaching his and Jarth's appartment. He punched in the code and the door slid open.
    A female computer voice could barely be heard through the explosions. "Welcome home, Kalo."
    Kalo ran to his bedroom and picked up his bearded jax, Romulus. Jarth was nowhere to be seen. "Jarth? Jarth, where are you? We've got to get out of here!"
    As if on cue, Jarth dropped from an upper level to the platform just outside the window, serving the two friends as a porch. Kalo grinned and ran forward as the "door" slid open, allowing him access to the platform. "Jarth, we've got to go."
    Jarth grinned in turn. But there was no mirth or friendship in his smile, only malice, and hatred. Kalo stopped grinning, and his brow furrowed with thought. Jarth slowly drew his pistol as he spoke. "Sorry, buddy. No escape for you this time. The Peace Brigade has thrown quite a hefty bounty on your head, since the Yuuzhan Vong want said head for one of their more... painful sacrifices."
    Kalo felt danger on the rise, but it wasn't coming from Jarth. It was coming from above. Instinctively, he leapt backwards into his apartment. One of the coral-made Vong fighters fell from above and smashed into the platform, sending it falling to the ground far, far below. Jarth's scream could still be heard when the platform hit the planet surface.
    Kalo leaned out the window, formerly his "porch". "'Bye, Jarth. I'll fix this. The Peace Brigade will pay for corrupting you." The building shook, and Kalo thought it better to get back inside. "So long." He pulled back in, just in time to feel the building begin to collapse. He held his bearded jax tight, whispering in his ear. "We haven't much time, Romulus." He stepped into the hall and could only watch as the elevator plummeted past his floor, several screaming passengers inside.
    "Sithspit!" he cursed under his breath. When he looked through the hole that had once held the elevator, he saw a nearby building, somehow still standing. "Think we can make it, Romulus?" The jax purred in response, confident his master would take him to safety. "Let's get to the roof."
    Kalo sprinted up the stairs, thirty-seven flights, in just under ten minutes, as the building began to lean towards his goal for safety. "Sithspit, Sithspit, Sithspit!" he swore, as he took a few deep breaths, on one edge of the roof, facing his destination. His apartment complex leaned, then creaked, then

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Nice work. Took a lot of reading. One little word of advice though, is to seperate the paragraphs to make it easier to read. One big huge block is a daunting thing to the casual reader.

Spike :)

3. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    Interesting stuff, I have to say. More or less along the lines of a short story found in one of the Tales books (of course, the title kind of gives that away). I like. Actually, it might be a neat thing to write a series of "tales" about the fall of Coruscant from various perspectives and approaches. I don't know what your plans are regarding future stories, but I like the idea and setup of your story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.