main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX KAMINO LOVE COMING TO SAN ANTIONIO

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by gatodama, Aug 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gatodama

gatodama LFL Artist star 3 VIP

May 17, 2002
    hey folks,

i hope all is well. i just wanted to pass on the good news......... SAN ANTIONIO IS GETTING A CONVENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!! OCT. 9-10, 2004

as of today taun we herself, rena owen, is joining hellboy himself ron perlman along with sandy collora and clark bartram, director and star of the coolest fan film ever, batman dead end. they are also going to be joined by scott schwartz, no, not christmas story, but buffy the vampire slayer, spider-man, oceans 11 and 12, to name a few. new line cinema is proposing stars from the up and coming blade trinity, jessica beil, ryan renolds to name a few. there are more guests in the works (aaaaahhhhhhhhCHEWIE!!!!!!)boy may allergies are bad. sorry bout that. once the stars are confirmed they will be added to the web site.

anyway check out the website http://www.texassuperhero.com
    for all of the details.. oh.....did i mention that it is IN SAN ANTONIO!!!!!

folks i met rena in chicago last week and she is the coolest star ever. you have got to come out to see her. it is so cool to hear that voice in person.

anyway, when i find out more info i will post it here.

THIS IS SO EXCITING TO FINALLY PUT SAN ANTONIO ON THE MAP. IF THIS ONE IS A SUCCESS THEY CAN ONLY GET BIGGER AND BETTER.

sorry, need to chill. talk to you all soon,

cat

2. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Cat, thanks for the post - I still need to get in touch with you to get some of those pics from the Austin show sometime . . .

Thanks again, this is great news for fans of SA :)

Take Care

John

3. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    john,

jim has the pics from the austin show. check with him i gave them to him a few weeks ago.

4. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    I will do that since me and Jared would like our pics for our books . . .

Thanks

John

5. Darksaber212

Darksaber212 Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2001
    Awesome! Finally, abit closer to home for me. Gonna be there for sure.
    [image=http://www.tk923.homestead.com/files/rpfdvquote.jpg]

6. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    updated poster:

[image=http://www.angelfire.com/comics/tsvc/poster2_800x1200_web.jpg]
    print this out and hang it on your fridge so you don't forget

keep you posted on any more updates

7. robkun

robkun Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    hi guys, i plan on being there at the con probably in jedi robes. we shall see. i do apologize for not making the last meeting. i had to work that day. my work at heb warys and it's hard since i do ask for the afternoon off, but end up getting shafted in the end by my mamger, anyways i,m going to the show and next meeting. by the way john, i got extra pics of the austin show, so get with me on that later my brother.

8. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    San Antonio Convention?!! SWEEEEEEET!!!! I'm all over that!!!

9. tim68

tim68 Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2004
    Ref: Oct 9-10 2004
    Folks Hi This is Tim Gardner the Owner of Texas Superhero ...
    I wanted too remind whoever looks at this Board that there is a Dinner with The Celebrites on Oct 8 at 7pm it is $50 a head ..
    The Dinner is at the same Location as the show ...
    The Holiday Inn Select off of the Airport Exit on 410 in San Antonio...
    Please contact me if you wish too be a part of the dinner...
    Texassuperhero@centurytel.net

Don't forget you must have a Power Band or Lightning Band too get in to the show

here is the website www.texassuperhero.com

10. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    folks poster has been updated again. new guests added. please reprint a copy and repost it on your fridge.

talk to ya soon,

cat

11. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    hey guys,

just wanted to let you know the scoop with the convention. the "Lightning bands" which get you the autograph and the two question and answer sessions( it is good for the whole weekend). there will also be a showing of batman dead end and a special q & a from sandy and clark on both days. they are very limited due to space availablity. they are selling fast. the best deal for the weekend. basicly full access for $15. there are also "power bands" which will only get you access to the autographs. these are also good for the whole weekend. one day passes are $7.

the dinner is also selling fast all celebs will be there at the dinner. if you haven't been it is a really fantastic opportunity. those who have been please let everyone know how cool this is.

talk to you guys later.

cat

12. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    just wanted to let you know the site has been updated again. there is some new info.

also there is a new announcment that would be of interest to us force fanatics:

[image=http://www.angelfire.com/comics/tsvc/febflyerworkingweb.jpg]

now that is very exciting. i will let you know when i learn more.

take care and see you all next week.

cat

13. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    Hi Cat, you may need to update that Flyer a bit :)

It's Michonne Bourriague

Just thought I'd give a hand on that one

Take Care

John

14. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Oh man. Hellboy. I wanna go. :D

Oh yay, Rena "carwreck" Owen. She's a reeeeal treat. :\

15. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    hello,

already an update for the star wars extravaganza. check it out.

cat

16. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    Natasha, you know have a place to crash if you wanna come to tha show !!!

Laterz

John

17. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    If airlines start accepting leftover pizza crusts as a form of payments for plane tickets, I'd totally come.

18. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    I sure would like to be there, but I will be out of town that weekend attending the Cowboys game against the Giants! Tailgating!!!!

19. robkun

robkun Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    go cowboys! hey everyone, i just found out that hellboy canceled for the show this week. now in his place there is going to be the actress that played the ever changling "zam wessel" in aotc instead. bummer!

20. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    um...you are partially right.

yes, ron unfortunatly has canceled due to filming obligations in tokyo. (hellboy 2 i believe)

no, the actress who played "zam" is not going to be at the show. the only star wars guest at this show is rena owen, "taun we" , from attack of the clones. she was already schedualed a month ago. she is not a replacement. but sandy collora and clark bartram are also going to be there. along with scott schwartz from buffy and more, and alana curry. there is also going to be an aritist from dc comics and the guys of funcore (local from s.a.). it should still be a great time.

dont forget the costume contest. you could win some money!!!!!!!! hey $250 is $250 right?

this is an event we should all support. we have all wanted something like this to come to san antonio and now it is starting. it can only lead to bigger and better convention opportunities for san antonio.

see you there,

cat

21. tim68

tim68 Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2004
    Hi Everybody! first of all thanks so much for your interest in the upcoming show this weekend!
    I am so excited too bring this show too SA, TX words can not even describe how I feel!
    Yes I am sorry too say Ron Cancelled at the last minute...BUT WAIT! we have a Great Line up still going at the show when is the last time any of us in SA have had a show like this???
    I am also excited too announce that the Star Wars Extravaganza is slated for Feb 12-13 2004....Now it is important too remember that without the support of all the fans these show can not and will not continue...so SHOW your support and coime the the show and HAVE A BLAST!!!!

22. gatodama

May 17, 2002
    guys, guys, guys.

i just came home from the media mixer for the convention. these celebes are the coolest. they are so down to earth and fun. it is going to be a great weekend. bring your friends and please where your costumes.

see you there,

cat

23. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    This was a really good show for us here in SA, definitely wanna thank Britt (Wonder Woman) for my massage there at the show :)

A Big thanks to the USS Bexar for being on hand in volunteering and being the great people that they are.

Lookin forward to the February one . . .

Laterz

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.