main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Kanan and Hera are they meant to be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by SilentGuy66, Sep 24, 2015.

1. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I think it makes sense to kill Hera (as awesome as she is) she's is after all the heart of the crew, so what do you think going to happen if the "heart" is suddenly killed? Answer: Drama!

DjangoKet likes this.
  2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Actually I was under the impression that because Hera seems to trust Sabine to lead missions (as we saw in the newest episode) by giving her more responsibilty like that. She's training Sabine to become the next leader. I don't believe Hera's going to die yet though.

3. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Eh, maybe in back up to Kanan but not primarily. I don't think Kanan quite has it within himself to lead. At least for now, there is too much self doubt IMO. Sabine has a tendency to be too quite on the trigger IMO, and I don't think she has felt the impact for doing so by having a poor result. I'd say that almost happened in the last episode with Zeb, but him ending up being alive and unscathed ruined that teachable moment.

Rather I think Hera was trying to teach Sabine to be an infiltrator type of operator at the start of the series. That kind has been thrown out the window since their faces are known.

4. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    They better not kill off Hera...

5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Ezra has displayed leadership qualities back in season one, Hera even said so. The show is mostly about Ezra and mainly told from his perspective. Hera isnt the absolute leader as this group are more like friends and loose-knit guerrillas, but she's the captain of the ship, but she's more motherly than an actual disciplinarian captain as the crew get away with a lot whenever they want and break her orders which they take more as opinions which argues against absolute authority and complete respect in a chain of command . Kanan not liking to serve an organized resistance also breaks from what they enjoyed as the Spectres of the Ghost. They Ghost already appear as kinda pirate or highwayman , they could be considered privateers.

6. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    I can't wait until we get past this repetitive stage of the show, hopefully we see a larger rebellion soon and some big battles between the alliance and empire.

7. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Having leadership qualities doesn't equate to being able to lead. Ezra has the qualities of being a good leader, but I don't think has either the experience or knowledge to be able to lead. Can he get there? Sure, but it's going to take some time. Hera is the defacto leader in most instances, but shares it with Kanan when it comes to more tactical stuff which is where his experience from the Clone Wars comes in IMO. But I think also because of what happened to his master at the hands of the clones has lead to him liking to be more on his own.
    "I was a highwayman. Along the coach roads I did ride. With sword and pistol by my side." Funny how The Highwayman came to mind when I read that.

8. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

Well of course it does, if you want a good leader and one that fits the definition you need the qualities that make a leader. A leader that lacks leadership qualities, makes for a poor leader and not a legit leader at all really. Ezra did lead and led in that episode, and proved he has one it takes and at such a young age.

9. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    Vanessa Marshall spoke briefly about the idea of a Hera-Kanan romance when I spoke to her during Season 1. Of course, she doesn't always know what the writers are thinking! Regardless, I hope she isn't killed off any time soon. If anything, I'd like Hera (or Sabine) to be the sole surviving member of the Ghost crew!

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Since it definitely won't be Kanan!

11. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    To be honest giving out this series is aimed at kids, I doubt there'll be more than one (if any) member of the ghost dying by the end of series. I'm sure Filoni will think of some reason/excuse of why we never saw or heard about them in the OT :)

12. Danifae

Danifae Jedi Master star 1

Aug 23, 2004
    As Cham Syndulla is supposed to make an appearance later in the show, it's possible that something awful is going to happen to Hera's family, which in turn puts an enormous strain on the relationship between her and Kanan, particularly if her father gets the chop.

Being a pragmatic idealist, Hera has her sights on the bigger picture and making a difference, so if her father was to die at the Empire's hands in Season 2, she'd likely feel torn between the Ghost crew and assuming a position of leadership in the Free Ryloth movement - assuming it managed to re-form following the events in Lords of the Sith.

If anyone from the Ghost crew is going to die this season, IMO it's likely to be Zeb given his limited skill-set.

I can see Ahsoka dying next season, and *maybe* Kanan. Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if Kanan gets to walk into the sunset with Hera when the show ends. Being children, Ezra and especially Suebine sorry Sabine will be protected by Plot Armour and will also survive beyond the show. :p

Anyway, I really hope Hera (and Kallus for that matter) doesn't die. If she does... I don't even want to consider how the Tumblr shippers are going to react. And there's also the factor of fridging a female character, depending on the circumstances of Hera's death.

13. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Danifae

Make sure you add spoiler tags in the future when you talk about...

Cham Syndulla and his future apperence in Rebels. That's a major spoiler and should be tagged until a week after the episodes air date.

14. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Do we know if we're getting a Kanan/Hera episode any time soon?

15. thatotherjedi

thatotherjedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    One of them will die, but most likely Kanan.

17. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I agree that of the two characters, Kanan is the most likely to die IMO and because I can't see the Ghost without Hera as its captain.

18. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Hope Kanan at least gets a kiss from Hera before he's offed ;)

19. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007

I'm sure they's kiss eventually. I think Kanan will be the one to die but not until much later in the show. Honestly I wish Ezra never existed the crew is too big and if I had to live without one of them it would be Ezra.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  20. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    It's not that the crew is too big it's just that the writers are focusing too much on Ezra as they seem to think he's the most interesting of the lot even though he's really not :/

21. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    I don't think it is about them thinking he is the most interesting as much as trying to appeal to kids.

SilentGuy66 and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  22. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    I can already picture the "everytime we touch" Cascada youtube shipping videos happening with Hera and Kanan. :p

TheSilentInfluence and CIS Droid like this.
  23. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I haven't heard that song in years...but that works pretty well for them. :)

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  24. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007

I remember in 2007 it was all the craze shipping fictional characters with a montage and that song playing. :p

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  25. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Hera will marry some king named Zeus.

Revyl Ren and SilentGuy66 like this.