main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Kanan (Marvel) #2: The Last Padawan, part 2 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by pepoluan, May 6, 2015.

1. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    This Kanan series needs to have several arcs. I want at least 100 issues!:D

pepoluan and Jedi Daniel like this.
  2. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

I agree, this issue was more compelling than any of the others Marvel have released so far. The period around Order 66 is fascinating, as is Kanan.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

That would take over 10 years.

4. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    I give it 50, tops. Oh wait, Dark Horse isn't doing this.

5. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I don't know about anyone else but series that have issues into their hundreds is way more appealing on a comic shelf than it's 5th rebranded #1 issue

6. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    how it should have ended: Kanan and Ezra walk into the corpse room. Kanan: "So yeah this is going to be a total mind**** for you E-Oh.Lets just take this guys saber and go.No need for this."
    Or: Ezra arrives back from temple of weird stuff with his crystal and Kanan says: "Look what I found while you were gone!"*shows him set of lightsabers*"So how was you're great trial?"

7. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    This is a great run so far. I'm currently following all of Marvel's SW books and I honestly picked up Kanan #1 "just because."

But, I've found his story to be very entertaining and is honestly one of my favorite current SW titles.

The writing and the art is spot on, IMO! ;)

8. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Reading these past two issues makes me realize that I can actually hear Freddie Prinze Jr's voice in my head as if he was retelling this story to the crew of the Ghost.

9. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    I think this comic is my favorite so far. All new Marvel stories are good, but Kanan has a great opportunity to show us what was happening in first few months after Clone Wars. I really do hope they will keep it this way as so far and not get a 10 years later jump after few issues... So far it is really good!

pepoluan likes this.
  10. Good_News_Nobody

Good_News_Nobody Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 4, 2011
    Dark Horse comics Dark Times era comics covered this era, and the immediate aftermath of order 66. This is just deja vu, at least looks like it. Nothing new!

11. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

It's also not canon.

Chris_Fives likes this.
  12. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    AFIK, the DH comics never followed a Jedi Padawan this young and completely on his own in the immediate aftermath of Order 66. The event may be familiar, but the circumstances and characters involved are very different.

13. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    The Dark Times comics being my favorite thing Star Wars, I have to disagree with you on this, and agree with The_Forgotten_Jedi. Dark Times has very different characters that face different situations, regardless of the fact that they take place at the same time as the Kanan comic. Also, from what we've seen from the Kanan comic, it is not as dark as Dark Times, which got very dark at times for a Star Wars story. And finally, the main character(s) of Kanan are different from those in Dark Times-you can even argue that Dark Times doesn't have a single main character, or that it is always a Jedi.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Good issue and good artwork as well. As good as the story is though it is probably the one I am least excited about. We already have a good idea what Kanan winds up doing over these next ten years prior to meeting Hera (based on the New Dawn novel) and it will likely be about following a bunch of smugglers around.

Isn't a bad idea at all and I will definitely keep on reading but I will probably be more excited about the Darth Vader and Star Wars line because they will be telling us what the Empire and Rebellion get up to during the time it runs which is something I am more interested in personally. But I do agree there is definitely stories to be told about the smugglers and underworld that the Kanan comic will likely concentrate mostly on.

I just hope this comic doesn't close any potential opportunity for a future Ahsoka comic (since Kanan and Ahsoka will basically be sharing many of the same difficulties and potentially running into many of the same types of people along the way).

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Well its Canon

Chris_Fives and pepoluan like this.
  16. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    well Dark Horse is a thing of the past and their material is not canon, Marvel on the other hand has come out with 4 series 12 comics books and they are all kicking butt in the top 100. Dark Horse ...well not even close.

pepoluan and Chris_Fives like this.
  17. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Good News Nobody you need to come up with the times buddy. The stuff from Marvel is canon, from Dark Horse...well a memory of a different time. You can't change it, it is what it is. So you accept it or more along.

18. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    How do you think they will handle the ten year timespan in this comic series. Do you think they will tell an arc then jump ahead a little bit so on and so forth?

19. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    All I want is that Kanan does NOT encounter any surviving Jedi in his travels. Not even Obi-Wan (who he 99% surmised is alive.) That part of his life is over.

spicer and Jedi Daniel like this.
  20. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    I'd like for him to encounter (or maybe just hear about) another Jedi who tries resisting the Empire and ends up dying horribly. I think that would add a good bit of depth to Kanan's eventual decision to take a stand and join Hera.

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    He has to hear about Mustafar at some point.

pepoluan, Cynical_Ben and Taalcon like this.
  22. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    It will be very interesting to see how his story will follow...

And I think after reading #2 we can assume from who he got inspiration for his new name ;)

23. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015

Do come with proof, it is stated that any content that is made after the date when disney bought lucasfilm is canon and what was before is not (Clone wars and the movies were the only ones still canon). Also it's not on my canon timeline list. Then again, I might (not) be wrong....somehow.

24. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

Maybe we need to keep the canon debates to the legends thread.

25. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    And maybe someone should look at actual facts instead of the definition of "Treating is as canon" and what is actual canon.

Chris_Fives likes this.