main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Kanan (Marvel) #3: The Last Padawan, part 3 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Jun 4, 2015.

1. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Loved this issue especially the origin of Kanan's ponytail :p

cwustudent likes this.
  2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    This is out? Hmpf... not showing up on comixology for some reason :(

3. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Another good issue. The art is still the best out of all the Marvel series so far, although that may change when Immonen's Star Wars issues come out ;) The story was good, but I found it predictable in this issue. Nothing surprised me, at all. But definitely not bad, it sure had some really interesting moments.
    Kanan totally looks like a girl with the ponytail :p Also, who else thinks that Kasmir is bluffing? And speaking about Kasmir, his helmet looks super cool.

4. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Only bad thing about this issue was that the art made Kana appear like a girl with long hair

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  5. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Still ADORING the art. Seriously. This is crazy good.

Jedi Daniel, cwustudent and spicer like this.
  6. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Hope we get confirmation on how long exactly Caleb was following Kasmir around......

Plus am I the only one who gets a sort of Matt/Stick dynamic from Daredevil between Caleb and Kasmir.

Kanan wants a master/Kasmir wants a thief

7. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Have I mentioned how much better than the other SW series this is?! Because it really is!

Jedi Daniel and spicer like this.
  8. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    This was an excellent issue and let me tell you reading this and now knowing that it is canon makes it even sweeter. Before, I would read a story and say, man this was great but too bad that this has to go through ret-cons and different levels of canon, and the debates that follow. It is enjoyable to read stories now and know that this is an official tie- in to the animated series. Really looking forward to number 4 and 5 of this arc. 5 out of 5.

Sturm Antilles and Darth Kickass like this.
  9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Another good issue. Gotta love that mask.

Jedi Daniel and cwustudent like this.
  10. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    There was something familiar about this issue...

Ah, there it is.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, that sounded exactly like something AND Kanan would say. But that's still a long way off; he's still really young here and hasn't yet settled into his new situation.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Holy cliffhanger, Batman. It's going to be hard waiting until the end of July for that resolution.

Taalcon likes this.
  13. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Maybe the next arc will be called Kanan: His First Bender

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    [​IMG]

Just like Depa's death, this is a panel that I knew we were going to see at some point, which didn't stop it from hurting me.

Caleb one day a beautiful Twi'lek rebel agent is going to ask you for your Moonglow pass and then everything will be okay.

15. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

I agree on both fronts, I can't wait to see Immonen's work on the main series!

I suspect that Kasmir is giving Kanan a little scare as payback for stealing his ship, since he'd hardly take the name of a guy who betrayed him outright. The helmet is super cool, kinda reminds me of Garrus in Mass Effect.

16. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Well Kanan has a new Master its just that instead of cool force abilities he'll learn useful tricks such as dodge Imperial Patrols, lie convincingly and be able to get drunk...

Has anyone noticed the Drunken Jedi Fighter style yet?

I wonder if we'll see Kanan start off the legend of the drunk who wanders through blistering rounds of blaster fire without even get scratched thereby ruining Storm trooper morale such that they train to hit someone drunk and end up being unable to hit anybody else...

It would explain things quite a bit!

Kanan may be training Ezra but he's taught Sabine how to dodge and annoy Storm Troopers at the same time!!![face_devil]

17. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Gotta agree on all the points mentioned before, especially in regards to the art. It is fantastic. I really love all of the small background details, and the Kasmiri is a really badass-looking ship. Almost like a 74-Z speeder bike with the control vanes on the end.

smisk and SilentGuy66 like this.
  18. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Anyone else expect Kasmir to be the one the ghost crew have to rendezvous with on Kaller

DelRiego and Hopeless like this.
  19. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    ^ Nice theory, SilentGuy66. I dig it.

So when does the frame story exactly take place? Issue 2 mentions "fifteen years since the fall of the Republic" in the prologue, which places it at 4 years BSW4 (yes, I still use the A Guide To The Star Wars Universe dating terminology.) [face_party]

I guess we can reasonably assume it is between Season 1 and 2 of Rebels, and that Season 2 is 4 years before A New Hope, since we do see Ezra sitting in the cockpit in issue #1 of Kanan - The Last Padawan.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  20. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Disappointed we did not see Caleb make his way down to the surface of Coruscant. That's the second time I've been misled this arc already in regards to going there (the first issue's cover had Depa and Caleb on the planet).

The art however, is second to none once more. Gorgeous stuff.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  21. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014
    I really hope so. It'd be even cooler if it led to him showing up in Rebels!

22. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    As much as those buildings look like Republic City (I certainly thought so too), I suppose they could ostensibly pass for the capitol on Kaller too.

23. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    I think #1's cover can get a free pass I personally feel first issue covers don't need to have anything to do with the story and instead go for cool factor which Kanan #1 did.

#3's is not misleading it shows ships chasing Kanan in orbit which is exactly what happened in the story.

24. KING_KENOBI

KING_KENOBI Jedi Master star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    i really really liked this issue..its a great story and makes me appriciate the kanan character on a whole nother level.

25. SensationalSean

Dec 19, 2014

This series makes me hope for a follow up about the other Rebels characters' origins. Vanessa Marshall suggested that we'll be learning about Hera's past in the show, but I'd happily read a comic series that fills in the rest!

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-talks-fandom-living-revolt-article-1.2100627