main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Kanan (Marvel) #3: The Last Padawan, part 3 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Jun 4, 2015.

1. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I'm hoping at least one of the future arcs is a story about Kanan and Hera's alone period on the ghost

Sturm Antilles likes this.
  2. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    With Chopper...[face_devil]

3. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Chopper was never mentioned in AND so it's possible that Hera was alone at that point on the Ghsot;)

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    And he's "Specter 3" whereas Kanan and Hera are Specter 1 and Specter 2.

Jedi Knight Fett and SilentGuy66 like this.
  5. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Next comic to be announced: STAR WARS: CHOPPER

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Rated M for frequent droid murder.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

7. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    It will break boundaries when chopper falls in love with a protocol droid.:p

TK-421 Is vader likes this.
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Hi all. I just bought the first three Kanan comics at a local store. Does anyone know offhand how long this series will last? The folks at the store just assumed it would be ongoing.

9. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    The folks at the store assumed right :). Kanan is an ongoing series, and we can only guess when it's going to end.

10. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Hopefully it lasts forever :D

What I like about this first arc is that's it's our first canon look at a concurrent story to another film.

So while Caleb is eating out of dumpsters on kaller, this is going on

[​IMG]

11. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    And while Caleb was fighting ARC-170's over Coruscant, Obi-Wan was in the Jedi Temple finding out that Anakin was the actual worst.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Well this says that there are two more issues through the end of the Summer. Honestly, I'm a little regretful that I didn't just wait until the paperback comes out in the Fall. $4.00 per issue is alot; and of course it adds up. I've bought illustrated books (omnibus) in the past.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Kanan:_The_Last_Padawan

13. Jordan D. White

Jordan D. White Marvel Comics Editor VIP

Mar 26, 2015

I want this to happen.

14. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    We can really see why Kanan has a soft spot for Ezra now that we are reading this comic. Basically the two were in the same situation. This was the first issue of this series that I really really liked.

Revanfan1 and Iron_lord like this.
  15. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    It's an ongoing series, but the first arc is five issues. The second story arc I believe is going to start up as soon as the first finishes. And yep the TPBs are cheaper.

16. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    The story is extremely predictable and the characters flat (with the notable exception of Depa), but the dialogue and artwork makes up for it.

17. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    [​IMG]

Kanan #6 cover

18. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    That cover looks awesome.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  19. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    Super cool cover! I might be reading too much into the image, but could we be in for an issue of flashing back and forth between the post-Order 66 and Rebels eras?

Jedi Daniel and SilentGuy66 like this.
  20. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    The slingshot returns!!

21. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    If #6 turns out to be just another ghost crew adventure, they might as well just call the series "Rebels the comic"

Edit: Just noticed the Caleb reflection, guessing that means we're sticking with flashbacks....phew

cwustudent and DelRiego like this.
  22. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998

Issue #1 began with a Season-1-era framing scene. It looks like #6 will return to that frame story. I'm sure it's for the conclusion of the arc. Wouldn't mind each arc having a 'modern day' frame story to launch into the flashback.

23. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    Finally got chance to read #3. I thought it was pretty good fun again. The art's nice but I'm not quite sure how Kanan escaped from all those Arc-170s. The last page was a good cliffhanger and I really like that #6 cover.

24. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Just got to this issue, and I am continuing to enjoy the storyline, much more than others I've been reading, like Vader for example. Seeing the struggle in this series makes me want to see how other Jedi survivors did so during Order 66 and the purge.

Gorefiend likes this.
  25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    This is a pretty great, uber-dramatic work, the dialogue is really well written and it looks fantastic. It's also a bit of a fatalist story, how much horrible things can happen to Caleb in a single issue?, but it gives it punch.

I kinda hope post "Last Padawan" the series takes a sort of "Lost" style flashback structure within the "current" narrative, it'd be fun that way (and the cover for #6 seems to hint at that)

I'm sorta 50/50 if Caleb's buddy flat-out sold him out or sold him out as a distraction. There's only 2 issues left in this arc so something terrible will probably happen to Kasmir or he does something terrible to Caleb. May be more of a distraction move because we really need to see more of Caleb / Kasmir stealin' thangs for more than a few pages.