main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Kanan (Marvel) #5: The Last Padwan (Part 5 of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Wookiee, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    [​IMG]

-Caleb has been captured by Clone Troopers Grey & and Styles!
    -Can he turn his back on his Jedi training completely?
    - The final chapter of the secret origin of Star Wars Rebels' Kanan Jarrus!

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    In case those didn't know, this cover is probably cribbing from this iconic Marvel Spider-Man piece of art (Which has been covered on covers over and over throughout Marvel funnybook history):

[​IMG]

3. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    Can't wait! Enjoyed every book of this story so far.
    Do we know what will happen in new arc? Will we skip to Rebels immediately or stay in current times?

4. smisk

smisk Jedi Master star 2

Feb 16, 2015
    Not sure if it's the next arc or the one after that, but at some point we're going back to the Clone Wars...

Force Smuggler likes this.
  5. Rou-eru

Rou-eru Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2013
  6. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I look forward to both issue 5 and 6. This series has been very good and a wonderful compliment to the tv series, novel, and the short story by Jason Fry

7. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Did this issue get moved to next week? Because wookieepedia had it scheduled for August 12.

8. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    It's a little weird that Grey and Styles have doggedly pursued Kanan for months. I mean he's just one padawan.

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    He's not just one padawan, he's..... the Last padawan.

10. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Yes, it's probably been moved to next Wednesday the 19th. It is strongly advisable to ignore any and all release calendars, including those on Wookieepedia and even Marvel's own web site, and keep your eyes instead on Jedi Ben's weekly posts in the stickied "Literature Forum Reference: Rules, Index, Release Dates & weekly Marvel Comics shipping updates" thread. Yeah, you'll only get a few days notice for new issues, but at least you won't waste a trip to the comic store based on an incorrect release calendar.

Jedi Ben and Darth Wookiee like this.
  11. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Which is why there's a pair of clone troopers chasing him, instead of say, Darth Vader.

12. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    At that point of time Vader properly is still trying to learn to walk again.

13. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Palpatine: Vader I know you've just lost your wife and you've killed all you're former friends but there's a teenage padawan with a pony tail going around pulling heists and acting cocky

Vader: **** just got real!!!!

14. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    "Is it Ahsoka?" he asks.
    "No," Palpatine replies.
    "Then they can wait until I'm ready!" Vader replies.

15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I actually like how Grey & Styles have become the Javert to Caleb's Jean ValJean. Also I get the feeling while Order 66 may have flipped their switches, maybe deep down these two are just jerks who reallllly like their job. (Hell, it'd be fun if they flat-out went AWOL to chase down Caleb)

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  16. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
  17. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    If we've got a preview then we must be getting this next week.....and people say I'm slow:p

Darth Wookiee likes this.
  18. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    I finally got #4. Think it must have got lost in the post, I'd say it's my favourite issue yet so I hope the arc ends as well.

19. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It's generally a good indicator..... Unless there's an Act of Vong and someone drops the moon on a Diamond distribution centre!

Barriss_Coffee and SilentGuy66 like this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hm, something about Styles makes me think perhaps he's not the bad guy here. Way he nonchalantly says Caleb's not dead makes me wonder if he's playing his fellow clones, or perhaps it's just him and Grey who have a scheme up their sleeves. [face_thinking]

21. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    act of vong you say????????:p

22. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, who else has form for moon-dropping?

Gorefiend likes this.
  23. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    That they didn't immediately kill Kanan upon capturing him is contrived and a bit implausible, especially given the cold execution of Depa when these clones didn't break stride. This was a good comic, but has become spoiled by decreasingly good writing.

24. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    The Emperor has far less use for Jedi Masters ;) but a Padawan can be moulded, so it might be related to that, or the clones have their own reason for it. So I guess wait and see.

25. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Plus who knows how these clones have changed during the time skip. It's been at least several weeks since Kaller, if not longer, let's not forget.