main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Kanan (watch out for puns)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Saga_Symphony, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Lando Kardashian

Lando Kardashian Jedi Padawan

Nov 11, 2016
    A few weeks ago there as a lengthy interview with Mark Hamill and Rian Johnson in Rolling Stone. Below is an interesting tidbit about the original SW from Mark:

It would be interesting to know, because we kind of wondered, did George know that Vader was going to be my father from the get-go? There's speculation because there's endless screenplays, at one point there was a girl, and there was a combination of Obi Wan and Han where one character was a guy who had once been a Jedi Knight who now was a smuggler.
    This "combination of Obi Wan and Han" who had once been a Jedi Knight and now was a smuggler sounds just like Kanan. But I've never heard this tidbit mentioned before, either in general or as the inspiration for Kanan. Has anyone ever heard anything more about this rumored OT character or version of the script?

Link to the full interview in case you are interested: https://www.rollingstone.com/movies...skywalker-from-star-wars-to-last-jedi-w514208

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I wonder if for all his life Kanan has looked to the future, the horeyezon?

BalanceOfTheForce and revan772 like this.
  3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Sounds like the rough or first drafts where characters were reshuffled or renamed often, all that can be found around the net. You can read The Star Wars from Dark Horse that was loosely adopted from Lucas's early scripts.

4. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Kanan is probably going to die. He won't see his death coming.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  5. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This is truly the reason I love the Star Wars Community.

Wrenegade likes this.
  7. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    In his last moments Kanan saw that he was Dumed

podjazd and The Shadow Emperor like this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He really embraced who he used to be in the last episode. I also think this was symbolized by the haircut.

9. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    I had a feeling this was gonna happen to Kanan:kanan: sooner or later[face_sigh]He made his choice & sacrificed himself in saving them & COMPLETING THE MISSION!!!=D=

10. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Love truly is blind.

BalanceOfTheForce likes this.
  11. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Does anyone else think his short haircut looked a bit odd? After he shaved his beard and cut his hair the lighting made it look like he shaved the sides of his head but when they reached the Imperial center I saw that he still had hair there which surprised me. Usually they don't really have issues with the lighting on the show but this felt a bit off.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  12. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I still wish Vader or someone else would've killed Kanan. I think it's safe to say most of us didn't want Pryce to order an AT-AT to shoot Kanan, and have him die that way. Still, his death was incredible otherwise.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It seemed to be a call back to his haircut during the Clone Wars.

14. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    That dream sequence where the Inquisitor stabs him is ideal, another lightsaber doing it. Still more intense than his actual death.

A dream sequence.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  15. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    It wasn't bad lighting. It was a bad haircut. Kanan cut his own hair, and he is blind.............

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    Iron_lord likes this.
  16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Not all Jedi die by the lazer sword, the important thing is he went out saving people and performed a bona-fide Force miracle while doing so (him holding back the blast, Hera and sending them off to safety is up there with some of the best stuff Luke and Yoda did), and not just randomly "Gak! Dead!"

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    Fallen Jedi Master likes this.
  17. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    And now that we've seen the finale, we see that Kanan sort of continues .....but not to be indelicate ............ when did Kanan and and Hera manage that?

Please don't tell me it was the Force.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It was most likely on Yavin. We have seen them almost kiss since season 2.

19. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I always assumed Kanan and Hera had sex all the time, just more casually and responsibly ;)

Doompup and DarthBreezy like this.
  20. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Been an age since I took up a pencil, much less paint....
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

21. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    FPJ on the future of Star Wars and his role in Rebels. Explicit language warning.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  22. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    Kanan ment a sad end but at the same time a beautful ending. I really did enjoy his character

23. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I remember him saying that blinding Kanan was always part of the plan during S1's development. Them considering killing Kanan as early as in the season 2 finale is new information AFAIK. It certainly would have changed many things in later seasons since Kanan played a major role in bringing Ezra back from falling into the darkside and in the rescue of the Lothal Jedi temple and Ahsoka.

https://collider.com/freddie-prinze...er-star-wars-rebels-shes-all-that-hacky-sack/

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    All these years later and this title still makes me laugh

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder how it would have gone differently if Maul killed Ezra and Vader Ahsoka, how would Ezra have coped and would season 3 of rebels have a darker feel, would you spent the entire third season of trying to reach Ezra and remove Maul as his master, would Kenobi invole himself and give Ezra some advise. And how would the fight be between them.