main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Kanan (watch out for puns)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Saga_Symphony, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010

Yes that's what I'm hoping for as well. This situation is likely as new to Kanan as it is to Ezra which is the whole reason I'm looking forward to seeing their master/apprentice relationship in action.

Seerow likes this.
  2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The armor on one arm is from Roman gladiators armor being worn on the sword arm. Unless they reintroduce a lightsaber resistant metal again like Cortosis, its significance to Kanan looks simply ornamental rather than practical same for the Inquisitor and Vader's armor.

Looks rather kashyyyk Gree clone wars style armor as well.

3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Whatdoyoumean reintroduce? Vader's armor is already lightsaber resistant, so it wouldn't be a stretch that Kanan's or the Inquisitor's is.

Agreed. It's probably death by Vader for him.

Krueger likes this.
  4. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    either way Kanan and Ezra are doomed.

5. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    i agree.

Krueger likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm going to cry buckets when Kanan dies.

But...it's really the only way.

JediFan215 and Krueger like this.
  7. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Nah, they don't kill little kids. Ezra will be put in some hiding spot where he can outlive the Empire.

JediFan215 and Krueger like this.
  8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    True. Ashoka could have either left and disappeared or died. It could have been one or the other for her (although I know which one you would have preferred :) ). With Kanan, though, I can't see any other way. It can only end in death, nothing else. Or he slips over a banana skin and get's amnesia.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  9. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    so he can be discovered by another Jedi (I.e. Luke) and trained again?

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  10. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
  11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Kanan and Ezra do not have to die. They could simply fade into the background before ANH the galaxy is an enormous place. The two will probably meet Obi-wan at some point but likely don't even meet Yoda or Obi-wan's definitions of what is a Jedi. Probably have no idea one lowly former padawan still exists and presumably force sensitives like Ezra will continue to be born. The odds of a Jedi capable of training another meeting a one force sensitive boy in this timeline are probably slim. I can't think of them fatalistically because that is just one more lame way to remove the unpredictability Rebels gives us with great OCs like Kanan.

I'm also looking forward to the master and apprentice relationship in action. Its going to be interesting seeing Kanan overcoming his own lack of experience to teach Ezra who seems like a real piece of work. A Padawan that steals all the time?

Senator Kelberry likes this.
  12. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    Darth_Pevra Well, I'm all for Ezra (and Kanan, i hope) living past the end of Rebels, but there's always the possibility that Ezra will be closer to twenty when the series end

13. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Fair enough. I personally hope that all Jedi except Yoda and Obi-Wan are eliminated by ANH.

Sable_Hart and TrandoJedi like this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, so do I.

15. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    I don't really. If Luke's not going to restart the Jedi order, someone like Kanan or Ezra will have to

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    As I mentioned in at least one other thread, I'm just tired of "...but not really" being added onto OT lines.

"When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be"...but not really.

Watching Kanan die will be an emotional gut-punch for me (unless they give him a lame death, which would just piss me off) but it needs to happen.

As of right now, Ezra's death would hurt too.

TrandoJedi likes this.
  17. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    "It's not whose first, it's whose last."

Yep, that's the Kanan I remember from A New Dawn.

18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't think Rebels will kill off Ezra and Kanan.

19. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Could always have them run into a member of another force tradition who completes their training so they aren't considered Jedi thereby fulfilling that idea that Luke is the last Jedi.

JediFan215 likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Think about this Ezra will be 19 when a new hope happens so he won't be a kid anymore.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Is that because he is a kid or because you like him as a character.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Too early to tell whether I like him or not. But I can tell that it would hurt like hell for Kanan and Hera if he died.

Also, I was rooting for him when he got captured, so he definitely has a chance of winning my sympathies.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I will give him a chance but for now I am neutral leaning on dislike.

He first should never flirt with sabine again that was like bad fan fiction.

24. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I love Kanan already (largely due to A New Dawn) but I think he must die and fail in training Ezra. I know it's dark and I'm not saying it in dislike of the character at all, but as soon as he revealed himself as a Jedi to the Imperials his days became numbered. This is the Dark Times, any Jedi revealing himself is in serious trouble. If the show portrays that correctly I will be pleased, Rebels could even continue on without him.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't want him to fail in training Ezra, but for continuity's sake they both need to die. Sadly.