main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Kanan (watch out for puns)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Saga_Symphony, Feb 15, 2014.

1. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Most Jedi probably don't know where they were born, so Coruscant is home.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

2. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I actually like The Last Padawan series of comics. It gives a little bit of insight into how the galaxy perceives the Jedi to be traitors. I just wish it would explain a bit more reason as to why the galaxy at large actually believes this is the case after having been watched over by the Jedi for thousands of years. I really like how it takes the point of view of common residents of the galaxy and not just important characters.

3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Well, there was a huge protest outside the Jedi Temple during TCW against the war. The public believed the Jedi were pushing the Clone War, not the Senate.

4. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013

Well, the war was very unpopular towards the end, so the Jedi made a really great scapegoat for Sheev.

5. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Sheev was playing the long game and it worked great for him.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

6. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014
    Why does most of the galaxy believe that the whole of the Jedi order would have just betrayed the Republic? Even if there was an attempted cou to assassinate Palpatine and try to take control of the clone army, why would all of the order be suddenly involved in the plot? I hope members of the Rebel Alliance are asking themselves this question.

7. pepoluan

pepoluan Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    Remember that it's a galaxy of trillions, if not thousands of trillions people.

The Jedi at their peak numbered in the tens of thousands. Their presence are so diluted it was even less than 0.001ppm (parts per million), a number that IIRC is the 'threshold' between actually listing an impurity (in a chemical solution) or just writing 'trace' (because it's sooo diluted it won't have any significant effects).

So, for 99.9999999999% of the Galaxy, they never met one. They only heard of them, and even so truth got mixed with legends.

So, it's relatively easy for the empire to play on the masses' ignorance of the Jedi.

Sent from my Xperia SP using Tapatalk

8. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014
    The Jedi were the primary guardians of the Republic for eons. Their nature and character should be pretty well known amongst the galaxy. You would think those in the Senate would want to investigate what actually happened in the Jedi temple.

I personally want to know more of what Palpatine told the Senate and the supposed plot of what they were trying to do. Assassinate him as the Chancellor alright, but what was their end game? What evidence did he provide of this alleged plot or conspiracy that required all of the Jedi to instantly killed by the Empire?

9. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I remember reading an article years ago could have been this site that said that examined the fact that by the end of TCW the Jedi had corrupted their principles so much that they were already destroyed (symbolically) and Order 66 at that point was merely a formality. Proof that star wars is deeeeeeppppp:D

10. thatotherjedi

thatotherjedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    [​IMG]

According to StarWars.com,
    We as the audience know about the Jedi because Star Wars to date has been framed around the them, but the average citizen would only know of vague stories and legends.

pepoluan likes this.
  11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Even if you discard the EU//KOTR/TOR, Star Wars.com should know that the Jedi have been serving the Republic since atleast its conception, for around what, 1,000 years. The Force is a religion or one of many and the Jedi are the primary law enforcement and they even go around selecting younglings from its core citizens. That plus the Jedi have been around for over a thousand generations, thats like what 20,000 years and Star Wars is a very technology and civilized based fantasy world - so for the general population to be dumbed down & ignorant of the Jedi and their role in Republic and intergalactic affairs is far fetched. The Sith on the other hand it would make more sense with, and for the past 1,000 years there has been only two at any given time and they carry out very clandestine and stealth operations as they're in hiding from the Jedi and those allied to the Jedi which happens to be basically the entire Republic.

redlightning likes this.
  12. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014
    Palpatine must have had some really good falsified evidence to convince the galaxy that the Jedi had really tried to overthrow the state. Too bad we really never see what he alleges the Jedi plot or rebellion was.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  13. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    You see it in RoTS.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  14. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Yeah. And according to the ROTS novel he recorded the confrontation that he had with the Jedi, but he cuts the recording before they start fighting, thus making it appear that the Jedi indeed are seizing control.

Iron_lord likes this.
  15. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013

No, they would know vague stories and legends about Sith (much like many people know vague stories and legends about Assassins). People would know of Jedi, as they would be in the news a lot, and would be a well known and influential force in the galaxy. Though, when confronted people would not know the difference between a Sith and a Jedi, much like when confronted people would not know the difference between an Assassin and a Ninja. Because the Sith aren't supposed to exist anymore, so most likely the majority of people wouldn't know of them, people would just assume they are Jedi because they don't know of any other lightsaber and Force wielding beings.

Notice in your quote it doesn't say they don't have knowledge of Jedi, only that they have never met a Jedi. Anything beyond that is your assumptions. These assumptions, when compared to real life equivalents, do not hold up to scrutiny. We aren't talking about a per-electricity society where news travels by foot and memory. This is a civilization with video cameras, 24/7 news, TVs, internet, etc. etc. They have all of the modern technology we have, and more. A group of people as public and as influential as the Jedi would not be relegated to just vague stories and legends. They would be well known to the average person, just the average person would never actually seen a Jedi in action with their own eyes. The average person would have seen a Jedi or two in action via TV news or the internet.

The Assassin's are a very good real world analogy for the Sith here. As they existed about 1000 years ago, and haven't been around for at least 700 years. Most people know the word assassin, but do not know the origin of the word. Meanwhile a good amount of people know where it comes from, but don't really know much about the Assassins other than legends and vague stories. Then there is a minority, probably larger than you think (especially after Assassin's Creed), that has a decent knowledge of the Assassins. Then you have a small minority of historians that have a strong handle on who the Assassins were. I would imagine the Sith would be similar, especially since they would have much better records about the Sith than we have about the Assassins. If anything the Sith should be more well known than the Assassins.

16. redlightning

Feb 1, 2014
    It would be interesting to see Kanan lose his apprentice to the dark side. I imagine the Ghost being hit by a pulsar, Ezra being scarred beyond recognition, causing him to join the dark side and the Empire.

He becomes a solitary dark Jedi which encounters Luke many years later.

17. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Pulsars turn people to the dark side???

Ezra doesn't need it anyway, he is one I can see treading a dark path. I don't know about joining the Empire though.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Ha joining the dark side and working for the empire are not one in the same.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  19. thatotherjedi

thatotherjedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    Agreed. Based on the character development regarding the loss of his parents and his desire to defeat the Empire it is easy to see why the dark path would be tempting to Ezra. I think it would be interesting to see the development of the dark side of the Force in Rebels... Ezra would never be a Sith because there can only be two and those spots are already filled, but what if Ezra became a dark sided protagonist? It worked in TCW with Ventress...

pepoluan likes this.
  20. TheOneX_Eleazar

TheOneX_Eleazar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 24, 2013
    There can be more than two Sith, but in order to be a Sith you have to be trained by a Sith.

21. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    In order to be a Sith you have to be ordained a Sith Lord by another Sith Lord.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Can you lose the title with lord and still be alive?

23. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I just read Star Wars: General Grievous and Flynn Kybo reminds me of Kanan. Both were Padawans who witnessed their masters dying, both sacrificed themselves to the enemy, and of course they have an immense physical resemblance.
    [​IMG]

24. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Yeah, probably Filoni. Good catch. Finn Kylo had brown eyes while they gave Kanan Jorus C'Baoth lighteyes. If Kanan dies trying to kill himself to take down Vader in scene similar to how Flynn tried killing Grievous, but Vader survives the explosion- then we'd know for sure. [face_cowboy]

Darth Dnej likes this.
  25. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Agreed, it feels like that's yet another thing that Lucas never fully thought out. It's like that Senate scene in ROTS. I've always believed that he HAD to have been using some Dark Side mogo on them because I simply don't buy that the senate would simply immediately go "oh creepy man in the cloak with the sinister voice, you're telling us that the Jedi, the guardians of peace and freedom for over a thousand generations, just suddenly went rogue tried to assassinate you, which none of use saw btw. And now the army that's essentially under you're personal control is hunting down and killing ALL of them without benefit of charges or trial, and you ordered this without coming to us first. Oh and now you're dismantling our democracy and instituting an absolute dictatorship under your personal rule. But sure, the Jedi are the bad ones." Nope George, not buying it. Nor do I buy that people would blame the Jedi for the war and not, you know, THE GUY IN CHARGE!! Sorry, TCW but you failed there as well.

And yet again, I keep seeing a lot of fan theories about this, which also shows how sloppy the writing has sometimes been in this franchise. The audience shouldn't be required to play "fill in the blanks" to even TRY and make sense of this stuff.