main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Kane County Toy Show (aka-Star Wars Stuff)-June 26,2004

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Schph_Gochi, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Hey Carrie...

I thought maybe this needed its' own thread...maybe some folks that haven't been to the Collector Club meetings might be interested...so here goes...

This Saturday the Black Suns Collector Syndicate will be heading to the Kane County Toy Show in search of Star Wars Stuff...

the plan...

We will be meeting at Graham Crackers Comic Book Store in Wheaton at just before 10:00 am....and schedule to arrive at Kane County Fairgrounds around 10:30 am.
    We will be bringing edibles and tailgating in the parking lot/line to get in. The doors open at noon...and there is usually a crowd.

Things I learned from the last Toy Show:

Bring CASH! Most vendors do not accept credit cards

Bring Batteries: just to check if certain electronic things actually work..some vendors had no idea if something worked ...and had no batteries with which to check.

Bring a printed list and additional copies of what I am looking for:...something good to hand out to the others in the group to ask them to keep an eye out for you....best if it is written down.

Bring more cash....

Anything else?

So far it looks like we have:
    Jedi Autobot
    Jedigeek
    Lt Dak Ferris
    Schph Gochi
    Dex Luminara

Anyone else?

2. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    I'll be there!
    Wait...I'm on the list... :)

Thanks for separting this Scph, I think we'll have a great time as always, I'm really looking forward to this.

3. Lt_Dak-Ferris

Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    Great idea for a post Gochi!

4. Dex_Luminara

Dex_Luminara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2004
    I love how "you" wrote "bring a copy of what "I" am looking for. That got a chuckle.

5. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    lol....

well...
    I guess I meant...
    "I" being each individual...
    and Dex....bring LOTS of money...I can almost guarantee you will find the 3 3/4 figures you are missing....

6. Lt_Dak-Ferris

May 26, 2003
    Yeah, you'll definitely be able to find all of your Saga figures. Just don't pay more than $7-$8 bucks for them. Some of them you should be able to find for $5. Also, remember that all prices are negotiable and if you buy a whole bunch of them, vendors will be very willing to deal.

Yesterday was my first day of summer break and I went to Quake and managed to pick up the vintage Ewok Combat Glider for a great price. One more thing off my want list. Certainly a great start to my summer. This weekend is going to rock as well: Sox/Cubs game on Friday at 3:00 (Go Sox!), Prince concert Friday at 8:00, Kane County all day Saturday.

Life is good.

7. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    I was sad when I saw the date had been switched to Saturday. I'm coaching in the state high school All-Star baseball games on Friday and Saturday, so I won't be able to make it.

:(

Good luck everyone; have fun! And hit that ATM early Carrie!

8. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    General Kenobi...

is there anything you would like us to pick up for you if we see it?

9. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    Sorry to hear the Kenobi. But All-Star game huh? That's cool.

10. Lt_Dak-Ferris

May 26, 2003
    Four things:

1) I just sent over an announcement of our meeting at Kane County to rebelscum.com. We should be featured on the front page sometime tomorrow. It's pretty much the same as the one I sent out for the April show.

2) Do you guys realize that the Kane County show will be our 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY. Yay us!

3) How late is Graham Crackers open on Saturday? Will we be able to hang out after the show? Do people want to hang out after the show? I know I do so that I can take advantage of our discount over there. There's a bunch of stuff I want to buy. Plus, I love it when we go over our booty for the day.

4) My wife is going to drop me off at the show. Is it possible that I could squeeze into someone's car for the trip back to Graham Crachers, where my wife will re-acquire me? Could I fit my folding chairs and table in there as well? They hardly take up any space at all.

Thanks!

11. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Dex and I are riding together...us southsiders are gonna stick together.....probably in his SUV...which can fit an entire galaxy.....

he and I had discussed returning to the "neighborhood" kinda early....but I will leave that to Dex....I will hang around if he/everyone wants too....

gonna hang loose....

....and going to print those want lists that are posted on the "Black Sun Want List" thread...

;)

12. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Dan...

Graham Crackers will be open until 5:00 pm on Saturday...

13. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    Hmm...then their Business card lies cause it says they're open till 6pm on Saturdays. 'Course it is the Naperville store card. But it has all the stores listed on it.

Dan...
    You're more than welcome to hitch a ride with me and Schph back to Graham Crackers. Whether or not we stay there is up to Fate, but regardless it is on the way back from the fair, so if you're ready to check out when we are... "all aboard!"

14. Rogue4809

Rogue4809 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2003
    I'm in. I can't make it to Graham's by 10:00 a.m. so I will catch up with you all at Kane County.

I'll be happy to haul you and all you stuff back, Dan!

See you all tomorrow!

15. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    I am planning to head straight out to the fairgrounds, but I probably won't go to Graham Cracker's afterwards. It depends on how late we're all at the fair....

16. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Getting ready to leave for Dex's....
    let's see....

Lists for everyone....
    check

batteries...
    check

Chicago Force T-Shirt
    check

comfortable shoes
    check

look of determination to find that elusive stuff
    check

MONEY!
    check

see ya soon!

17. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    The Toy Fair was a blast. Despite everyone saying how much smaller it was we all still came home with full bags of pure SW goodness (and a little Batman and Beanie Baby thrown in for some). Gotta start saving next week for October's so I can buy without hesitation. Woohoo! Chewie will be mine maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but oh yes, he will be mine!!!!!!

18. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    Good times...
    Good times...
    My want list now has nothing...

I managed to find the only Galoob Transforming set I was missing...and for a good price...

Even waiting in line was fun....

I actually opened two toys...

I love my new out of the box lightsaber...

I have another R2

....and...

Dex...this will KILL you...

I watched the late edition of the new "Clean Sweep" episode on TLC...(are you familiar with that TLC program?)and guess what the person who was clean swept had...and sold at the garage sale for $1.00 ....are you ready.....

the stuffed Chewbacca with Bandolier Strap...tag still on it...for $1.00! I almost fell off my chair when they picked up the Chewie...and was screaming NOOOOOOOO when it sold at the yard sale with that $1.00 tag on it....sigh...so ...keep looking...some nut case may have it at a yard sale for $1.00..

19. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    @*%#%@$*?>$%&@*#(@#*@*

eye twitching again.....must...no...too soon....too soon to kill again...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hearing voices...Anakin, Anakin......Noooooooo!!!!

breathe...

It matters not, mine the wookie will be! Prayers the fools will need, who stand in MY way!

POODU!!!

20. Lt_Dak-Ferris

May 26, 2003
    Dex-

I stopped by Quake yesterday, and I found something you were looking for. Sending you a PM on this.

21. JediAutobot

Dec 3, 2000
    I had a great time as well. Even tho the show was small, it was fun hanging out with everyone. Just makes me look forward to the bigger October show even more.
    And Dak, I saw your posting on rebelscum, very very cool.
    And for anyone who didn't come, we had cool prizes, plates and even a cool table.

22. Schph_Gochi

Jun 17, 2002
    ...forgot to thank Carrie for those really special first anniversary presents....

I love my Obi-Wan puzzle

23. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    3 seconds on the Obi-Wan puzzle. The record is mine Mwahhahahahahaha!

24. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Well, the prize for winning is to read the credits in a style of my choosing, and I choose the style of a drunken Wookiee....

25. Dex_Luminara

Apr 21, 2004
    Rowwwrrrrrr grrrrrr***burp***rrrrrr

Growrrrrrrrr**hic***rrroowwrrrrr

Ronnnnrrrrr grrrrr***don't know what sound a vomiting wookie makes*** Grrrrooowwrrrrr

Rrrooowwwrrrr George Lucas Rooooorrrrr
    Rroowwwwoooooorrrr Peter Mayhew rooorrrrrrr
    (mumbles something in wookie like "wannabe")

Roooooaaaarr Grrrrrroooowwwwlll

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.