main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Kanjiklub Gang

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by QuiWanKenJin, Dec 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noir Deux

Noir Deux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    The other guy had a very strong British accent.

I want more Kanjiklub.

And they seemed off from the SW universe maybe from Guardians of the Galaxy or Avengers.

Darkspellmaster and dolphin like this.
  2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

And so I am schooled. Thank you very much. As much as I enjoy Sir Alec, Mifune would have been golden as Obi-Wan.

Darkspellmaster and Worker11811 like this.
  3. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    They cut a lot out of the Freighter sequence, like where Rey beats up several members of the gang(s). Perhaps that was for the good because it would have only provided more ammunition for the 'Mary Sue' gang.

Darkspellmaster likes this.
  4. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Force Ghost star 4

May 8, 2002
    Did they cut them too? Three gangs in the ship would've been a bit much. Anyone seen concept art for the Mary Sue gang?

;)

5. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Kanjiklub. It's a pop group from the '80's!

Ladies and gentlemen! All the way from Brighton, performing their latest hit "Me like you, me want you"….kanjiklub!

6. Lord_Axle

Lord_Axle Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 1, 2002
    I really hope that the extended scene appears on the DVD. It was total waste of artists like Iko Uwais and Yayan Ruhian

Darkspellmaster and Master_Lok like this.
  7. CnlSandersdeKFC

CnlSandersdeKFC Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2015
    Lol if you seriously thought in Star Wars all humans would be the same your an idiot. I interpreted them as speaking some form of Huttese. I might be wrong.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  8. ucdex

ucdex Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Pretty sure Tasu Leech got away.

The freighter scene isn't my favorite, but it's nice to have some alien speak with subtitles in a Star Wars film again.
    Based on the visual dictionary Kanjiklub (note: kanji mans chinese characters in Japanese ie: han (china) ji (characters), klub = club?) is a gang in the outer rims and they are in constant warfare with the other gangs, hence why Han borrowed money from both hoping they'd fight each other rather than ask him to repay his debt.

My question is, did anyone catch what Tasu Leech was speaking? it sounded like Huttesse to me. And it would make sense as the Hutts were also based in the outer rims.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  9. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

? How was it a waste? It was an interesting diversion for a few minutes. They're only there to show Han is back in the smuggling biz and up to his eyeballs in trouble.

10. Lord_Axle

Lord_Axle Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 1, 2002
    It was an interesting, but totally unnecessary diversion. I agree they needed a scene to show that Han Solo is finished in the smuggling business and has no place in the world .. (and hence setting up his demise). But they did not need to hire big names like Iko Uwais for that scene. That is the waste. They hired a talented stuntman/martial artist, and had him just run around ....

11. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Well that was JJ. He was a big fan of The Raid and asked them and they were thrilled. I'm sure they enjoyed it too. But yes, it is a bit of typical second act diversion. To me, that sequence is worth it how it further bonds the Han/Chewie old with the Rey/Finn new. Otherwise, it's just an action scene.

12. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    The Kanjiklub gang only speak in their native tongue because they think all other languages are spoken by those not worthy.

Darkspellmaster likes this.
  13. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    I want to see Episode 8 so I can see a showdown between Kanjiklub and Mary Sue, the deadliest damn Sues in the galaxy.

14. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I thought the kanjiklub dialogue was reminiscent of an east asian language and wondered if they were actually speaking a real world language.

------

I also noticed the heavy british accent and immediately figured there was an arrangement to cast a quota of british actors since production was in the UK.

15. AurilliusPrime

AurilliusPrime Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2015
    I thought the scene did well to illustrate Han as a space pirate who is a bit sketchy and can take too long to pay his debts. People are always looking for him and trying to collect. He is wanted, dead or alive. SW is a space-western in part.

Darkspellmaster and ShaneP like this.
  16. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I think it's cool to have some new criminal organisations in the Star Wars movies.

17. IG Lancer

IG Lancer Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 8, 2015
    Mifune couldn't play Obi-wan. If Mifune were Obi-wan, he would have to destroy Darth Vader. He would cut Vader's head, crush Palapatine's skull with his bare fists and destroy the Death Star with his mighty moustache. It is a fundamental rule of the Universe (of any Universe) that Toshiro Mifune Is The Badassest Of All And He Shall Kick Ass, and if you try to break it, you create a paradox and all universes would implode.

18. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

=D= and to this I say, "Hai!"

It did sound like a Huttese dialect to me too.

19. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    missed opportunity in the Jedi Council.. seeing someone with the martial talent of Jet Li in the Palpatine battle would have been interesting.. but obviously they already had a hard time as it is.. so maybe it is for the best,,

20. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
  21. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    To top that off, there was a shot where one of those ball-like creatures was rolling toward Harrison Ford.

22. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    with sideburns .

LORD_BINX likes this.
  23. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Master_Lok and Heroic BB-8 like this.
  24. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    If we live in a single planet yet still are divided among countries, cultures and races, why can't the Universe in SW have more than one variation of the human race, with different motivations, culture, and so on?

I loved Kanjiklub as it adds depth to the universe.

25. Heroic BB-8

Heroic BB-8 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    you know you can't trust those little freaks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.