main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO kansas star wars fans

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by brat-of-kansas, Oct 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    After the election for governer a couple of years ago...somehthing has come to my attention about Missouri...only in Missouri could a dead guy run for governor...and then win. :p

2. the_boddah_333

the_boddah_333 Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2002
    Missouri is really overrated. I live in the "big city" of KS, Wichita. MO is just as boring as KS.

3. brat-of-kansas

brat-of-kansas Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    *waves Kansas flag and screams*
    KANSAS KANSAS KANSAS! :D

4. EvilEmpress

EvilEmpress Jedi Master star 2

May 15, 2002
    After the election for governer a couple of years ago...somehthing has come to my attention about Missouri...only in Missouri could a dead guy run for governor...and then win.

and i'd vote for a dead guy again if ashcroft was the only other choice!

5. ChicagoCubs

ChicagoCubs Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Yeah Kansas! I'm from Kansas! I like exclamation points!

I live in Lindsborg, about a half hour south of Salina.

6. ChicagoCubs

Jun 3, 2002
    Boo, Missouri, Booooooooooooo.

7. the_boddah_333

Jul 29, 2002
    Haven't you crazy Kansans watched the news lately... the West Nile virus is in Kansas!!! It's killing all the horses!!! Run for your LIVES!!! We'll all DIE!!!

Note the sarcasm [face_mischief]

8. ChicagoCubs

Jun 3, 2002
    I'm not sure how we have mosiquitoes to carry it anymore. It hasn't rained forever.

9. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    drove by Lindsborg on my way home for leave last week...and on the way back here. Stopped to see my sis in Wichita, but then it was back to Colorado again...

mo side of kansas city better? bah! I wouldn't know, seems like I get lost on those wacky roads every time I went on the MO side ;)

10. the_boddah_333

Jul 29, 2002
    i,m not familiar with all the cities in Kansas, but isn't Lindsborg very,um, Sweedish? Not that I hate Swedes or anything, in fact I think Sweedish women are HOT, I'm just curious. Lindsborg sounds somewhat familiar to me...

11. ChicagoCubs

Jun 3, 2002
    That's ok, I'm not Swedish.

Lindsborg is more Swedish than Sweden. Unfortunatly, all of the hot Swedes must of stayed in Sweden when they immigrated because we don't have them here. :_|

12. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Never heard it called "Little Sweden" or anything like that? Had a friend in church camp when I was a youngin' that completely resented it being called Little Sweden...it was pretty funny to see him rant about it.

13. ChicagoCubs

Jun 3, 2002
    I don't know who came up with "Little Sweden", but I think the only people who like it are the people that sell crap to tourists.

14. WarmasterDan

WarmasterDan Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 3, 2002
    Ft. Scott which is 80-100 south of Kansas City.

15. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I had a gf over by Ft Scott once...hehe. My dad also started as a postal carrier over there.

The Chanute Legion baseball team also spanked Ft. Scott's team every year ;)

16. Jayne

Jayne Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2002
    Hi! I'm pretty new around here, mostly been hanging out on the costume boards, but I had to pop in and see if anyone is up and about! Looks like there's more people around from Kansas than I thought. I was hoping some of you could tell me what the good movie/star wars cons are around here, if anyone goes. I've never been, but i definately want a media one, not literature or comics. Thanks!

17. Jayne

Jayne Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2002
    Hi! I'm pretty new around here, mostly been hanging out on the costume boards, but I had to pop in and see if anyone is up and about! Looks like there's more people around from Kansas than I thought. I was hoping some of you could tell me what the good movie/star wars cons are around here, if anyone goes. I've never been, but i definately want a media one, not literature or comics. Thanks!

18. NIBBOR11

NIBBOR11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Welcome to the fanforce boards Jayne. I myself post in the St. Louis board.
    It seems there is as many Kansas people on the KC boards as there are western Illinois people on the STL boards.

But then again there's nothing wrong with that.
    :)

19. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    is anyone else out there Mad that the Kansas Cosmosphere is not playing ATOC on IMAX?

20. the_boddah_333

Jul 29, 2002
    I went to Dallas for Thanxgiving and it was pretty cool. Beforehand, I hated everything that was Texas, and I still do, except for Dallas. Texas girls sure are hot! Texans are way too proud though...whenever I see a bumber-sticker that says "Don't mess with Texas" I just wanna burn a gigantic Texas state flag in front of those fools.
    It's been a while since I've visited this message board and all I have to say is: IT'S ABOUT FRIGGIN' TIME KANSAS ELECTED A DEMOCRATIC GOVERNOR & NOT SOME RIGHT-WING
    A-HOLE!
    Thanx for your time...

Sincerely,
    your friendly neighborhood boddah

21. JediDBM

JediDBM Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2003
    Hello everybody! I am from Lansing/ Leavenworth, Kansas. I have to throw Leavenworth in there, because nobody ever knows where Lansing is, but it seems like everybody has heard of Leavenworth, and you go from Lansing to Leavenworth, you dont know when you have left one to go into the other. Kind of like Oak Park and Lenexa. Very new to the Jedi Council forums, so new this is my first post.

22. JediDBM

JediDBM Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2003
    The first meeting of the Kansas/ KC Jedi order is scheduled for February 22nd 2003 at 2:00P.M.. For the location of this meeting, please send me an email and I will give you the address and directions if you need them. You can reach me at JediDBM@aol.com

23. Thrive

Thrive Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2003
    Hey Im in Lvnwrth Cnty too! Cool! I have such a hard time finding people who are as interested in Star Wars as I am, its nice to see you are hiding around here in places.

I lived in Mound City for a few years, so I know SE KS too. I also lived in Lees Summit, both have thier good points, but Im more at home on the KS side.

I have some SW related hobby projects in mind, but I have no idea when (if ever) I will be able to do them, lol. If I need people, I guess I know one place to look for them now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.