main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Kanto wait to Go catch 'em all: Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Community' started by moosemousse, Mar 4, 2007.

1. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Well i cant guarantee a female, but i'll grab 2 snivy and 2 tepig eggs and see if any come out female for ya.

Not sure of Black Exclusives, but if you've a spare a Gurderr, definately need the Conkeldurr Dex.

FC: 1077 0097 4098

Edit: 4 tepig and 4 snivy eggs later...i ahve 8 male babiez :(

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    We could just make a random trade to get Gurdurr to evolve and then trade back? Would that work for you?

Code: 4770 6848 7050

3. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    I bagged Victini myself last week, pretty damn tough to catch. In the end I think I got him with one of those balls that is good to use when a fight goes on and on and on.

I used in excess of 10 balls though I think, even with hp in the red and paralysed.

What other ground pokemon are you coming across (for the 4th gym battle)? I've only come across Sandile so far on route 4, though I have only just discovered the ruins section.

4. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    Trade, trade back is fine for the Gurder. This is just the first time i've cared aobut completing the Dex since...Gold/Silver when i was 12ish i guess.

Also the only exclusive i have left from Black is the vulture/condor thing, so if anyone has that, hit me up.

I've added your code. Im able to be on from 6-10pm eastern whenever you wanna trade, and as long as your kewl with male starters i'd be happy to give them to ya.

Z

Edit: Victini royally irked me. The first time i went to catch it, i got it into the red, and threw 20 ultra balls, 10 great balls, 10 pokeballs, and 3 timer balls. None worked.

The second time i used hypnosis, without injuring it, threw a premeir ball, and caught it on first go.

So idk what its catch rates are, but they must be abysmal.

5. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    It could be to do with time, maybe. The first time I tried was really late at night and the next time was in the middle of the day. I've found that other pokemon are harder to catch in the evening too, so it could be an easy way of discouraging late night gaming.

I'd rather have female starters, but beggars can't be choosers. What's 6pm EST in GMT?

6. ZanderSolo

May 18, 2007
    According to some random time zone converter, 10PM GMT.

I can try gettin some females again. Nothin else going on atm.

Edit: 4 more Tepig and 4 more Snivy eggs and all still male. [face_plain]

7. TheModFavorite

TheModFavorite Jedi Master star 4

Sep 14, 2007
    i've been considering getting this latest game, but as it would be my first pokemon game, i would to hear your suggestions about which would be the better choice for the purchase: black or white? or maybe i should go with one of the earlier ones? are there features that require a dsi for playing this, or can i get by with my ds-phat?

8. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Black and White are pretty much the same game. There are some pokemon that only appear in one or the other, but trading lets you complete the pokedex. There is one are unique to each game this time, with White have a forest area and Black having a city. As for DSi stuff, I don't know. I have a DS Lite and it's fine.

9. Darklord07

Darklord07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    Would anyone happen to have a Pikachu to trade? I've got quite a few Pokemon under my belt I can trade. :)

10. TypoCelchu

TypoCelchu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 1, 2005
    It had been ages (and I mean ages) since I played a Pokemon game until I started my boring night job. Since then I've been knocking out the recent DS makes like crazy. I've done everything but beat Red in SS. My single attempt on that ended in total embarassment, ha ha. Since I'm impatient, I moved on to White, which was a lot of fun but I've run out of things to do in that one other than beat the Elite 4 for a second time and work on completing the Pokedex. So now I've started working on Platinum. On top of all that I found an old copy of Ruby (when are they going to give this generation the remake treatment?), so I started that up too. Figured maybe Groudon would give me a leg up on Red in SS.

So yeah, I went from not playing pokemon for over a half decade to... running 4 Pokemon games at one time. Honestly, the fact that they're perceived as so kid oriented overshadows the fact they're actually pretty quality games.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I stopped playing the games after the original gold and silver. Recently though I've gone back and played the 3rd and 4th gen games and honestly they didn't appeal very much to me, except of course for the remakes. Chances are I won't give B&W a try, and just stick with the older ones I grew up with. And that may include an occasional playthrough of Pokemon snap, mostly because the character has the same name as me.:D

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  13. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    That is far too awesome! :eek:

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I must say the 5th gen mons look more bizarre than usual. Love that the pikachu is wearing Ash's original hat.

15. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  16. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    While I raise my squad to take on the Elite Four for the second time in Pokemon White, I have been doing some breeding in order to alter the nature of certain pokemon I want. I've had bad luck with natures on my teams, often the stats I really want to be high are reduced by the nature my pokemon has.

What natures do you guys think are the best for pokemon to have?

17. TypoCelchu

TypoCelchu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 1, 2005
    Okay, so I'm going through the daunting task of attempting to complete my dex in White, which of course means I'm going to need to trade. I'm definitely down for just doing return trades (although for select pokemon I wouldn't mind trading for keeps), where I just get the pokemon for Dex purposes and then trading it back, but you guys are the first nerds I turn to in a time of need like this. Hit me up via PM if you wouldn't mind spending a little time giving a man-child a hand, so we can exchange info. :p

18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Adamant (+Atk,-SpAtk) and Jolly (+Spd, -SpAtk) for physical sweepers, Modest (+SpAtk, -Atk) and Timid (+Spd, -Atk) for special sweepers. For the campaign you really don't need anything besides what you like, heavy hitters and the occasional HM Slave in case you need a turn to revive someone. While you're training you might want to do some EV training as well so you get even higher stats. Or, just buy an Action Replay DSi for £15 and all problems solved.

19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Unlocking, tagging, and upping at user request since new games have been announced.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Thanks.

So, Nintendo announced a few days ago that two new Pokemon games will be released worldwide in October.

[​IMG]

These games will be the first of the franchise to be 3DS exclusive, with graphics and gameplay designed with that console's features in mind.

Trailer

The big change overall seems to be the battle style, with camera panning around the pokemon instead of just view from behind. The attacks seem much more epic too.

As is customary, 3 new starters were announced.

[​IMG]
    Grass Type

[​IMG]
    Water Type

[​IMG]
    Fire Type

As well as two legendaries

[​IMG]

21. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I wondered when they'd get around to releasing a new one again.

22. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I'm still somewhat amazed (and slightly worried) at the really fast pace. Black and White came out in... 2011? No remakes in the fifth gen, and instead of a third game to Black and White, we got Black/White 2. Not to mention worldwide release, a first for the series. I just hope they don't have any delays for the worldwide release (or that the localization won't be too rushed or sub-par), but otherwise, I love the idea of getting the game as the same month as in Japan.

Not to mention the change to 3D and the jump to the 3DS at last, that should be really memorable.

The starters are ok, especially the fire one of course, and I like the bird legendary, and the designs in general look good, here's to the sixth generation in another 9 months.

23. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Wii u version with controller as pokedex and hd take on Pokemon universe would be nice. Even if it is cell shaded!

24. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Not sure it will be on the Wii U, it certainly won't be the same game.

Black 2 & White 2 seemed more like expansions than actual new games, not sure why they couldn't have been cheaper and done more as add-on content.

25. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I don't think the DS or DSi could do DLC, though I'm not 100% sure on that.

I'm really looking forward to these game. Have they said if the two versions will be different in more ways than just the legendary pokemon?