main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Kanto wait to Go catch 'em all: Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Community' started by moosemousse, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    The flames and lava on the cover aren't exactly doing their best to clarify that misconception.

2. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003

According to this website: http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/
    Primal Groudon will be Ground/Fire type

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    [​IMG]

Paparazzo likes this.
  4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    4x weak to water, that's going to be a problem

Paparazzo likes this.
  5. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    So apparently Fancy Pattern Vivillion is currently available from now through to the end of the month via Mystery Gift.

I'm pretty sure it's meant to be all regions but I just tried it and it didn't work. Either I'm too early or there is perhaps congestion from lots of people wanting to claim it.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  6. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Cheers for that! I'll have to see if I can get it. I should also get the pokedex at some point. I didn't realise that the guide didn't have it and it wasn't available at game launch.

7. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I got my Vivillion :D

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Game are offering alternate version Mega Charizards in store. So if you have Y you get Mega Charizard X & if you have X you get Mega Charizard Y

9. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
  10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I don't know exactly. I just saw it yesterday when I was in the store

11. DarthPotato

DarthPotato Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2014
    Greninja is beast. nuff said :D

12. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It's OK if it knows Protean, but it doesn't take hits that well I find. I've KOd many with my Scizor's U-Turn or a fighting move

Also - The X/Y Mega Charizard event at Game runs until 10th of August

13. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I got mine. :D I had to ask how to get it which made me feel stupid, but then I felt a bit better when the gut behind the till had to look it up.

14. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    I've watched all of the Season 1 TV shows, but none of the following seasons or movies.

I really enjoyed the Gen I and II games but haven't tried Gen III and beyond. I proudly caught in-game or through glitches (no cheating devices or Missingno) every Gen II pokemon except Celebi. :_| (I HATE when the game designers make pokemon who cannot be obtained through normal gameplay!)

I looked up the Celebi Egg glitch, and trained a male and female Sneasel up to level 57 (with Beat Up), but I could never manage to make a Bad Clone. Maybe one day I'll try again... it's waiting for me on either my Silver or Crystal cartridge. ;) (I replaced the save state battery a couple years ago so it should still be good.)

While we're on that topic, has anyone successfully performed the Celebi glitch (in Gen II)? I'd definitely be open to pointers. I'd heard that the Pokemon Stadium 2 method is really easy, but I don't have an N64 or the Stadium 2 cartridge. The N64 patent expires in 2015, so I had been planning on picking up a cheap N64 clone for this purpose alone when they come out, if I never succeed with the Bad Clone...

15. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    So anyone remember that teaser snipped of Lucario and Blaziken that looked like they were in a fighting arena?

It's been revealed in a recent stream that that game is now called POKKEN TOURNAMENT, TBR 2015 in arcades. Made in conjunction with Bandai-Namco (Tekken/Soul Calibur), and so far has Lucario, Blaziken, and Machamp.

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
  17. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    So I got a really bad chest cold/fever combination this past weekend and spent the entire weekend on the couch. I usually spent almost all of my downtime reading, but knew that wouldn't be possible with a feverish head, so I made an impulse by of Pokemon X from the eShop on my 3DS to keep me occupied.

And, wow, I'm so glad I did. Having only ever played Red/Yellow/Silver back when I was like 10, this feels like the kind of Pokemon game everybody dreamed could exist back in those days. I'm hooked.

18. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    During October a super-size Pumpkaboo is available via mystery gift. The Level 50 Pumpkaboo is holding a Rocky Helmet, is in a Cherish Ball, has a random nature, and has the moves Trick-or-Treat, Astonish, Scary Face and Shadow Sneak. It will have any of Pumpkaboo's possible Abilities (including its Hidden Ability).

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  19. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    Time for more event Pokemon!
    Shiny Gengar holding a Gengarite is available at gaming stores pretty much across the whole world at the moment with Diancie to follow in a few weeks ahead of the release of Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby.

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone else think the whole 'Mega-Evolution' concept is getting out of hand? I'm not familiar with the Manga so I don't know how extensive it is, but within the games it currently stands as this:
    X&Y 28 Mega Evolutions
    Venusaur, Charizard x2, Blastoise, Alakazam, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Mewtwo x2, Ampharos, Scizor, Heracross, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Blaziken, Gardevoir, Mawile, Aggron, Medicham, Manectric, Banette, Absol, Garchomp, Lucario, Abomasnow.

A further 20 Mega Evolutions have so far been confirmed for ORAS
    Beedrill, Pidgeot, Slowbro, Steelix, Sceptile, Swampert, Sableye, Sharpedo, Camerupt, Altaria, Glalie, Salamence, Metagross, Latias, Latios, Rayquaza, Lopunny, Gallade, Audino, Diancie
    (I predict that we will also see Slowking and Froslass included to this list)

I just feel that the more mega evolutions that get introduced the less 'special' it becomes.
    What do others think about the whole Mega concept? Do you have a favourite Mega? Is there one you are looking forward to in the upcoming remakes? Is there a Pokemon that you think should be given a Mega that hasn't already?

20. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I forgot about the Pumpkaboo gift completely. I got it when I went to my local GAME to get the shiny pokemon they're giving away and the ORAS demo. I've just 'beat' the demo and it's really short so 'beat' might not be the right word as it's also easy, but it's great fun and I'll be able to transfer over one of the pokemon to the full game when I get it.

21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It's an OK demo, nice to get a Pokémon out of it.

Rebel_Padawan - Yes there are a lot of mega pokemon now, but you can only use one per battle & it has allowed some Pokémon to get use which often wouldn't in a battle team (Charizard, Pinsir, Heracross etc).
    And while it improves some Pokémon, some are still not worth it anyway.
    And it's only around 40 Pokémon, there are over 600 others that can't mega evolve.

22. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    Currently 4 hours in to Alpha Sapphire and enjoying it a lot!

23. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I wish Snorlax would get a Mega evolution, but that's unlikely by now (especially after how there was an easily obtainable Snorlax in XY but no Mega Stone for it). Some of the Mega evolutions sound like nice boosts for minor Pokemon (Pidgeot for example), but did Salamence and Metagross really need even more power?

Hm, is there any point to playing the demo? Thought you had to get lucky and get a code or buy something, and didn't quite have the time or interest or money to do that.

Anyway, now back to play Omega Ruby.

24. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Yes, as there are some rewards tied in to playing it:

Steelix and Steelixite - Complete the first adventure (Japanese region)
    Glalie and Glalitite - Complete the first adventure (Korean, PAL, and American regions)
    Poké Ball ×10 - Complete three adventures
    Heal Ball ×10 - Complete five adventures
    Heart Scale ×5 - Complete ten adventures
    Nugget - Complete the adventure involving the Nugget Old Man. Random chance of occurring two weeks after playing the demo for the first time.

25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It's cool that you can explore the world by flying now.
    I look forward to the new games, even if I end up transferring over many of my Pokémon from Y