main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Kanto wait to Go catch 'em all: Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Community' started by moosemousse, Mar 4, 2007.

1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Pen Pen was a great penguin. :D

Too bad he didn't feature in it much.

2. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Uncle_Owen_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Overall I like the concept behind Pokemon, but it's game mechanics are a bit to simple for me. I guess thats why I prefered Monster Rancher to my Yellow\Stadium on the N64. All I really want is a console Pokemon game thats actually worth buying. I don't get it. Why can't Nintendo give people who couldn't care less about the handhelds a decent game. The two Pokemon games that showed up on Gamecube were a complete bust. :(

3. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Because people who don't care about handhelds are less then human and deserve to be shot in the mouth.

4. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
  5. Spartan786

Spartan786 Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2007
    I just reserved Pokemon Diamond. Kinda late but at least im getting it for sure. I read the entire walkthru on da web. The storyline is really good. I can't wait. And no body pick the monkey, it turns out when it becomes a fighting type, most pokemon can like kick it's...well let's just say it's easy to boot. :)

6. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Well, i went out and booked a copy of Pearl this afternoon.

The EB guy told me that the game WOULD be available for pickup on sunday (the 22nd), so that's exciting.

7. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Awesome

8. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    lawl

9. Bodknocks

Bodknocks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2003
    The time has come. In just a few hours, I will be engaged in a furious, epic battle heard from every corner of the world, one that will test my wits and push my decisiveness to the ultimate limits... over which starter I should choose. :oops:

10. Dc_10

Dc_10 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    I played,Red, Yellow, and then Crystal. And pretty much beat them all except the Battle Tower.

Anyways yeah I don't really have an intrest in catching 500 more pokemon

11. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    There are 500 pokemon in total, but I think there are only 151 available in the new games.

Wikipedia article.

12. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    wOOt they come out today. I'm getting them in about 30 min.

13. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Can you let us know what it's like?

14. Spartan786

Spartan786 Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2007
    AHHHHH! I'm getting it in an hour, its sold out in like every Game Stop by now. Good thing I reserved my copy[face_good_luck]

15. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Bah, all the americans are playing the new pokemon game and I have to wait untill June. :(

16. Darth_Brutus666

Dec 25, 2006
    I love Diamond and Peral. The graphics are great. I spent 10 hours at it yesterday, and I only have to badges. The underground is sweet. Haven't done WiFi yet though.

On another note. What starter did those that got the game choose?

I chose Piplup He has evolved now and is at level 20. How about you?

17. mojodaddy

mojodaddy Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2002
    I got Diamond at 12:20 A.M. Sunday from Wal-Mart. They weren't on the floor and were not planning on bringing them out until about 8 a.m. or whenever they felt like it. I used my masculine charms to seduce the manager so she would bring me some copies from the back (this was awkward because I am 32 and this lady is in her 60's and my wife was looking on, but you do what you must). I went with Mr. Piplup and am about 8 hours in and totally addicted to this game. I can't even argue that it's cool, it's just FUN. I bought an additional Diamond for my friend and a Pearl for my wife even though they have never played. They are GLUED to their DS now. Let me make it clear that we are nor particularly hardcore gamers. If you've played before, get it and love it. If you have not, get it and like it and then grow to love it.

18. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I picked up Diamond yesterday at around 9:50am. I'm about 11 and a half hours into it at the moment. I have two badges and I must say that I love the Global Trade Service and the Japanese fans. They've apparently been mass breeding starters and are giving them away for junk. I went with a Piplup which is currently a lvl. 31 Prinplup. Thanks to the GLS I also have a Turtwig, now a lvl. 19 Grotle, and a Chimchar, now a lvl. 20 Monferno.

19. Bodknocks

Jul 25, 2003
    I've barely had time to play it with finals being this week, but so far so good. I haven't played since the R/B/Y generation, so I'm a little behind the times to say the least. My only complaint would be that the graphics and audio are pretty "meh" compared to most other DS games. By this time I would expect responsive battle animation and a high quality of sound, neither of which you really get in D/P. It feels like a GBA game with a bit more juice. Still, I have no doubt it'll become one of my favorite DS games, and I imagine I'll be playing it nonstop over the summer.

20. Darth_Brutus666

Dec 25, 2006
    Sweet, I just beat the 3rd Gym Leader. Stupid Lucario. My Strategy

Get that Staravia and have it take on the Leader's Pokemon. Mine was 28. Then sacrifice your other pokemon it its faints to use a super potion and a revive. Woot.

What kind of team do your guys have?

21. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Picked up Pearl yesterday. Went with the penguin. He's about a lvl 8 right now.

My only concern is the touchscreen has mainly been unneeded, and it would have been really great if they allowed you to seletc menu/battle options using the crosspad and face buttons in addition to the touchscreen (as it stands now, you have to use the touchscreen-buttons don't work). It's not like your missing out on any special animations or what have you, either.

22. Bodknocks

Jul 25, 2003
    What do you mean? You don't have to use the touchscreen for anything, IIRC.

23. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    I decided to check out the hype again. I haven't touched a Pokemon game since Yellow. I bought Emerald, LeafGreen, FireRed, Diamond, and Pearl.

Being 22 years old, did anyone else feel weird buying them? I found myself not being able to say the word "Pokemon". Maybe it's the old "Poke-hater" in me, because I couldn't stand it when the cartoon and CCG was so popular... meh. So, I'm just standing at the store pointing and saying, "I want the Emerald one..."

24. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm 23 and I started this thread, I was also really into the cartoon, I'd buy the series on DVD if I could afford to. I was also very excited when I got Blue Mystery Dungeon and I think it showed.

25. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I never played a game that came out after Red and Blue but I really want to check out the new games. I'll probably be getting Diamond sometime in the near future.