main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Kanto wait to Go catch 'em all: Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Community' started by moosemousse, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Psst, DS doesn't have a region lock so you can import the US version.

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    It'd cost about the same, if not more, and I've preordered it.

I was curious anyways so I looked at the EB website. It's $35 for Pokemon Pearl. What the? It's £30 in the UK and the exchange rate is £1 for $2 at them moment. :mad:

I think I'll watch ebay like a hawk for a few hours. I'm wary of ebay though, last time I bought game on there it was fake.

3. Bodknocks

Bodknocks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2003
    I give up, I can't find a slowpoke. I searched for over an hour using the Pokeradar. I don't know what the deal is, but I haven't had this much trouble finding other rare pokemon. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow...

4. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Are you on the west part of Route 211? That's the only place that slowpoke appear. Either way, I'll look into the other Pearl exclusives and see if there is one that I want and just get a slowpoke off the GTS. I'll also need you to help me evolve my Kadabra and Porygon.

5. Bodknocks

Bodknocks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2003
    Yeah, Route 211 West. I found the one on the east side of the route. :confused:

6. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    i want a porygon-z

edit - and a treecko

but i don't have the pal park unlocked yet

7. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    What's the cheapest that you can get it for in the US? I'm being continuously outbid on ebay and it really sucks. Is it possible to buy it and send it to the UK for $35 or less?

8. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Finally got all three starters. What a pain in the ass.

9. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    So anyone have a Scyther for trade? I have Pearl, so if you need an exclusive or maybe one of the starters or an Evee or something else I might have... let me know.

Also, been trying for weeks to get a Munchlax, and according to every FAQ he only comes to the tree outside Windworks but no luck yet :( If anyone has an extra or can breed me one... I'd be grateful :)

10. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    I have a Scyther I can trade you.

I tried breeding my Snorlax but apparently that only gives me another Snorlax? Honestly, I don't understand Snorlax and Munchlax.

11. Richard-Drahcir

Richard-Drahcir Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    27th July is the release date here in England. Id rather it was earlier but at least its not another October release like for the last 2 major GBA games.

12. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    It's getting closer to the release date now. It'll still cost more than it will in the US but they have dropped the price a little bit.

13. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Anyone pick up Battle Revolution for the Wii, yet?

I'm interested to get some battling done on Wi-Fi with people here. Though, I have not began to get into the whole "EV" training. So I'm kinda mediocre to lackluster.

14. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I've picked up Mystery Dungeon again. I'd forgotten how much fun it is, mostly. I'd just crawled through a long dungeon and was near the end when I kept getting stunned and I died. :( Oh well, at least I had saved before I started the mission.

Does anyone want to want to swap Pokemon codes?

15. KIRA-SHAY

KIRA-SHAY Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2007
    Are those the codes to save people? (Haven't played it in a while, so I'm a little rusty! ;) )

But sure, I don't mind! :D

I still love the Pokemon games - I remember when I first got Red, all those years ago... :) Then I ended up with TCG (still can't get the last 2 cards :p ), Silver, Sapphire and Mystery Dungeon Red... I would love to get Pearl / Diamond, but I can't afford a DS... :_|

16. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I did mean Pearl/Diamond codes, but if anyone needs rescuing then they can post their rescue code here. :)

I'm in the middle of Mt. Thunder and having a hard time. A Revival Seed or few would come in handy. :(

Edit: just had a few more goes, it seems impossible. :(

17. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Sure, I'll trade Diamond/Pearl code. The code, and my character name, are in my sig.

18. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Cool. :)

It's being released in the UK on Friday, I'll post mine as soon as I can.

19. KIRA-SHAY

Jul 16, 2007
    I can assure you it's definatley not impossible - it's hard, but do-able. Which character did you start off with? I managed it with Pikachu - can't remember how long it took though... :confused:

20. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Bulbasaur, with Mudkip as helper.

21. KIRA-SHAY

Jul 16, 2007
    Ah - mine was Pikachu with Bulbasaur as helper, much easier (until you reach Fiery Field and find you can't get any decent water types... :p

22. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I saved at the top of the mountain, so I'll go back to the village and then go through the mountain a few times. The biggest problem was the one attack that killed me in one hit. If I can survive that then I'll be able to do it.

Quick question, what attacks work best against it?

23. KIRA-SHAY

Jul 16, 2007
    To be honest, it's been months since I completed it, so I'm not entirely sure... Think I started off by throwing a few objects at it first, then just kept using the most powerful attacks I had available (plus lots of reviver seeds, oran berries etc...) Sorry I can't be more specific... :(

24. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I got Pokemon Pearl, I'm really liking it. I was sceptical about the graphics, but it looks really good. I haven't got a code yet, but I'll post it as soon as I have one.

25. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Sorry for double posting, but I've just got my code:

Name: Rachel
    Code: 033250392416