main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Kanto wait to Go catch 'em all: Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Community' started by moosemousse, Mar 4, 2007.

1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Does anyone have a female Ponyta they want to trade? I'm trying to catch one but my main pokemon is too high a level and the rest are too weak.

2. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    I hate to be "that guy", but I thought I'd mention the new Let's Play thread located here. The inaugural game is Pokémon Yellow, so if you're interested, check it out.

3. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I need some help with Pokemon Pearl. I want to catch an Abra and a Kadabra but I'm having problems. Every time I try and catch one they teleport away. The only pokemon I have that can stop them doing this is Gastly and it gets taken down before it can do anything.

Anyone got any tips, or one for trade?

4. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    At the risk of losing what little of my dignity I have left...

You need a Zubat with "Mean Look." Most Zubats should be quick enough to attack first, but just to make sure, give it the "Quick Claw" you get in Jubilife City, and you want to fire off "Mean Look" as soon as you can so it can't run away.

5. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I got a Kadabra! [face_dancing]

I'm off to get a Misdreavus now. :)

6. Flame_Retardant

Flame_Retardant Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2002
    I found my old Gameboy Color (teal by the way) the other day and it had Pokemon Silver in the cartridge slot. I pressed the power button excited to see all my hundreds of Pokemon friends from a lifetime ago but to my dismay all of my progress, all of my Pokemon (mostly level 90+), the game.... all of it was gone. Erased, but not by me.

I have no idea what happened. :( But I will miss them, that is for sure.

7. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    It's not an uncommon thing in older games. They used cheaper memory that required constant power to keep the data and the batteries just run out. :(

8. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Yeah. My old Zelda I and II carts won't save games anymore. Now, if I want to play and finish, I have to do it in a single binge sitting.

9. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    You can get screwdrivers that will open the cartridges up so you can change the batteries. I don't know where you get them from though.

Thanks again, Zoom_Cthooga, my pokedex got big boost. :D

10. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Anybody want a Ralts?

Mass-breeding to get a female with the right stats and stuff for my themed PBR team has resulted in...an overstuffed box system currently. Needs to get rid of them.

11. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    No problem. :D

As for changing the batteries in my carts, I've thought about it, but never actually tried. You can buy the screwdrivers that'll fit the screws online, but my major worry was if the carts were screwed and glued together. I might have to try that in the next couple of weeks -- I've been thinking about buying one of these so I could preserve my old NES as a religious relic. I saw them at PAX this year and they were pretty sweet.

12. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I don't have one, but I don't have anything to offer in return. If you don't want them you can always release them.

13. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    I could, but I prefer to see what people give in trades. So far I've done a "R/B/Y" starter giveaway after mass breeding them for one website.

Current leader in what people give: Bidoof. But I love Bidoof. So useless, so awesome. One person gave me a hacked Slowpoke, though. Called a "Fastpoke". That was an awesome creature. Though PBR calls it a bad egg because the things it could do...oh, Slowpoke isn't designed for.

So, really, if you want one of teh Ralts, just say so and we can arrange a time to get on wi-fi and trade. Anything in return is acceptable. Just tell me what gender, also. Shoot, I could just give you a male and female. One for a Gardevoir and the other for a Gallade.

One thing, though. I tried to add you as a friend when you first posted your Friend #, but it said the number was wrong.

14. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Name: Rachel
    Code: 133250392416

I got one number wrong. :oops:

Can you breed the starters? Because I would love to get them.

15. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Wait-- do you guys play this online?

16. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    It's mostly single player gaming but you can trade pokemon via the internet, and some pokemon will only evolve when traded. It's also the only way to get some pokemon as Pearl and Diamond each have a few exclusive ones you can't get in the other.

17. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Going to try this weekend. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to, unless the male/female is pre-set. But if the nature/stats are randomly selected, I'd assume sex is, too. And I think those starters that were on eBay were hacked.

18. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Okay, I'll breed all three of the original starters, the three DP starters (just in case), and a Mudkip(it's the only emerald starter I've transfered over). For you. And then I'll also gives a ralts. So it'll probably take a good while. Bring something easy to catch when we trade. Like I said, I'm not picky.

19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Can I be fussy and ask for female pokemon?

A sad thing happened today, I was levelling the pokemon I traded the other day and one went to level 31, I only have two badges and now it won't do what I want it to. I really need to get the third badge but I haven't got anything that's good against fighting pokemon. :(

20. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    That's no problem at all. Might take a little mass breeding on the starters, since they are statistically situated towards male gender, but that'll be no problem.

Also: Which starters do you want? I figure you want the three originals, but do you also want any of the D/P ones? And, as I said, I can only supply Mudkip from R/S/E. And I have no Gold or Silver starters.

Another also: If you do want D/P starters, the Chimchar will come with Rock Slide and Flamethrower.

Again with the also: The Ralts(s), I'm giving you one male and one female for pokedex purposes, will come with Calm Mind, Psychic, and Imprison right off the bat. So...two essential Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir moves right from the beginning.

Speaking of Psychics, though, you said you had a Kadabra? Why not build it to take on the fighting Gym?

21. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Can I get the three originals without having the world pokedex? I only have the normal one at the moment.

I'd like Chimchar and Piplup. Whatever moves they come with is fine, chances are they'll forget them all when they get to a high level.

I had Kadabra, it's now an Alakazam. I'll have to level it a bit, I can't remember what level it is.

22. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Yeah, you can get national dex pokemon without having the national dex. A few months back I gave some people who just got the game an Eevee and it worked fine.

23. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Cool. :)

Let me know how many pokemon I'll need to catch and I'll get them when I can. It'll probably be geodudes that I get, there are loads near where I am and catching them should be easy.

24. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    So far I have your Male and Female Ralts(es), your female Mudkip(Awesome), and your female Squirtle(Plus enough males to form the Squirtle little league baseball team), female Bulbasaur, and female Charmander. Now to get you your female Flaming Monkey and female Steel Penguin.

All in all it looks like 8 pokemon is what I'll be giving you.

25. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I've found out that Graveler evolves when traded, so can you bring a random pokemon so I can trade it and then trade back, possibly a Haunter if you have one?