main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Karaoke with Chicago Force January 12th!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JodoKast74, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    "Jump Around" by Jodo was a standout. My memory gets a little fuzzy after that, but I was pleasantly surprised to learn that The Dead Kennedys was available.

-Le Penguin
    "Get out'cha seat!"

2. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Le Peng's "Too Drunk to **ck" was awesome. Some 20-something near out table said, "Is that even a real song???" and his emo buddy says, "He appears to know all the words so I guess so."

LOLZ

What an awesome time. Hopefully, when we do it again we can find a less crowded spot but on a Saturday night that's probably a pipe dream.

Also Dan's story about being attacked by an owl while running...epic.

Edit:

Also it was nice to meet Doug. Too bad he had to bolt before the real nonsense began.

3. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Oh yeah, and goat's tribute to the D's "Tribute" stopped the room. Good stuff.

Does anyone remember when that place was half-full the first few times we went there? The times, they are a-changin'

4. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    People are just attracted to our great singing. It's a fun place but there just has to be a limit to how many people are allowed inside.

That was a great time, and Megan wasn't too embarassed this time. She appreciated the Irish song I picked. And Dan's "Darling Nikki" was one of my faves that night.

5. Lt_Dak-Ferris

Lt_Dak-Ferris Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2003
    Thanks Jodo!

I think I did it better last year . . . got very nervous this time around and thus some of my Prince-like screeches were way off. Although the cute girl who sang "Pour Some Sugar on Me" came by and said I was "awesome".

Loved everybody's contributions . . . Jodo, Carrie, LePeng, LeGoat (did I miss anyone?)

My personal highlight was jumping (with perfect timing, rhythm, and in all the appropritate places I might add) to Jump Around by House of Pain. The next morning I had some pretty sore calves when I went for my run. That's what happens when you hit 35.

Too bad the line to sing got so long. By midnight I was exhausted and unable to wait around for my shot at "Poison" by Bell Biv Devoe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.