main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Karen Traviss confirms TCW is for kids

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    So I guess you weren't happy with Jar Jar's role in creating the GAR?

2. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Thank you! Thank you! *bows* [face_laugh]

3. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    There's a difference between creating an army and being skilled in a war. What Jar Jar did was a proposition, nothing more, something that everyone can easily do. When an episode says that "Jar Jar Binks is Anakin and Obi-Wan's only hope"...that doesn't even compare. And my problem with it isn't just Jar Jar himself being used, but Jar Jar-esque comedy being used in a series about a war.

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    If it's anything like the previous Jar Jar episode, it won't "technically" be Jar Jar who saves the day, for whatever that's worth.

5. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Of course, TPM was largely about an invasion and yet we have Jar Jar-esque comedy.

6. Drewton

Jan 8, 2009
    But still, there is no way Jar Jar should be leading clones at all.

I didn't say I did like that, I actually thought it was out of place. Anyways, though, wars are much grittier and darker than a single planet invasion, so it's even more out-of-place in TCW.

7. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Well, Jar Jar was the next highest ranking among the squad on Florrum after Kharrus's death. So, Jar Jar HAD to lead the clones. The couldn't refuse rules.

8. Fettclone1

Fettclone1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    See, that's just the kind of apologetics that chap's my ***.

You don't justify after the fact to try and make it seem OK. If it's a dumb idea then it doesn't matter if it makes sense within it's own borders.

Just like some people might say "Oh, that's Jar Jar's character so of course he does/says that"

It doesn't matter because his character is retarded and should never have been conceived of in the first place.

9. Drewton

Jan 8, 2009
    Exactly. He was only the next highest ranking on the planet because he was planned to be in the episode, leading clones. Palpatine sending Jar Jar there at all was ridiculous; seriously, I laughed at that part.

10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Like I said in the episode thread, I wonder if Palpatine somehow foresaw that Jar-Jar would play a role in letting Dooku escape?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.