Tucson **Kat and I really want to start up a BOOK CLUB in late August/early September! Who is with us? **

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, May 5, 2007.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. JediObiKat Force Ghost

star 3
    How terrible! Admittedly, I didn't check if the Pima library had a copy, but honestly, one would assume...*sigh*
    You're more than welcome to my copy once I get it read!
  2. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    or mine :) and this one we know where it is located... unlike Deathly Hallows that seems to have buried itself somewhere.
  3. TuskenFan Jedi Master

star 4
    I know our library here can order a book from one of the other branches if they don't have it in stock. Of course, one of the branches has to have it but one of them usually does. Just a suggestion...
  4. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Considering Pima County is the only library system here... I was spoiled in Washington. If SnoIsle didn't have a book, I could get it from King County. King County had every Star Wars book and usually ordered the new ones right away.

So I shall borrow a copy from Cat or Kat.
  5. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    so Kat when and what ideas do you have for our first meeting. Mainly, what date, what time, and where?
  6. JediObiKat Force Ghost

star 3
    Somebody's house on a Saturday afternoon...perhaps the 29th at 1pm?
  7. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    when you guys decide definetly let Damian know so he can update the calendar on the main site
  8. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    We can meet at my place, at least until we get bigger.
  9. JediObiKat Force Ghost

star 3
  10. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    kewl :) so we have a place and time it would appear!!
  11. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Being that it's at a person's house... how do you watn me to advertise it on the web site and calendar?
  12. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    that's a good point..we might want to have it at a public place for the same reason we have all said we prefer public meeting places for clubs.
  13. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    We can meet at a park or a Starbucks.
  14. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    Liz Danforth has said she will post/place/have TFF Book Club flyers at this event if we can get them to her in time.
  15. dialswiftjustice Force Ghost

star 4
    the main library has said they will allow a flyer to be posted since it concerns books. If you need help making a flyer let me know.

Also, the Tucson Public Library advertises meeting times and dates for several book clubs. The only thing I can see that might be a requirement is that they all meet at a library somewhere in the area. I called and elft a message which will be passed on to an administrator asking what the requrements were to get the book club posted on their site

http://www.lib.ci.tucson.az.us/books/clubs/
  16. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    We reserved a spot for the book club this past Tuesday but I wanted to talk with Kat about it before posting it, Kat ok'd it, so here is the info. Just don't forget the book is HAN SOLO ADVENTURES by BRIAN DALEY and we meet on SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29TH 2PM-4PM

HIMMEL PARK LIBRARY

1035 N Treat Ave
    Tucson, AZ 85716
    (520) 791-4397

directions:

Traveling north on the service road alongside I10

Turn right at W Speedway Blvd 3.5 mi

Turn right at N Treat Ave 476 ft
  17. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Added to TFF news page and calendar

http://www.danzelmo.com/www.tucsonfanforce.com/calendar.htm

http://www.danzelmo.com/www.tucsonfanforce.com/tff_news.htm

18. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    It has come to my attention from a few phone calls that a few people might be confused on the book.. make sure you are reading HAN SOLO ADVENTURES by BRIAN DALEY, not the HAN SOLO TRILOGY by ANN C. CRISPIN. Certainly you can read both.. but the book club is currently reading the HAN SOLO ADVENTURES
  19. darthbane187 Jedi Knight

Today is the day, less than an hour to go.
  20. JediObiKat Force Ghost

star 3
    Book club was a lot of fun yesterday! In the end, we concluded that the Han Solo Adventures was written for guys and that it characterizes Han well (as the snappy-talking mercenary)...even if the plots weren't always stellar.

Next book: Survivor's Quest by Timothy Zahn
    November 17, 2pm, Himmel Park Library
  21. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Aything other than the next book (like notes or things spacifically wanted to be discussed) you want on the "news" page of the website?
  22. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    Just bumping this up before it disappears to the next page.
  23. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I will be sure to read the next book completely before our next meeting. [face_blush] I'm usually more prepared.
  24. Zedd Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Well, due to my poor planning, I already finished the book. I'll just skim it right before the actual book club meeting.
  25. JediObiKat Force Ghost

star 3
    I'm just bumping this up...

Read Survivor's Quest!!! We're discussing it 11/17 at 2pm at the Himmel Park Library!

(I'll have actually finished the book this time...helps when I've read it before :)
Moderators: DieWompRatDie