main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Katana_Geldar's art with Microsoft Word

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Katana_Geldar, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I made these to compliment my Jedi Padme fics, they're only done in MS Word but there's a lot of detail in them.

I apolgise for the poor quality of some of these as I have word XP and the computers I use at uni to convert them to JPGS only have 2000

EDIT: Spelling and I have links to a gallery now on SW fanon

Gallery of Nalanda's wardrobe

2. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
  3. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
  4. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003

Hey, not bad at all for not having proper tools! :p

Very imaginative costumes...

5. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello Katana_Geldar, and welcome to Fan Art! You made all of this in Word?! I never knew that program was capable of art! I learn new things all the time in here... :p

I agree with ShrunkenJedi that you've done a great job designing the costumes--very detailed and well-colored, too. If you're this good with Word, you might just give good ol' paper-and-pencil a go--you might be surprised at how versatile a medium that can be! ;) Just a suggestion, for future reference: for those on dial-up (yes, there are still some of us out here! Rural areas rarely have DSL or cable...), it takes forever to load your pages (and thus to be able to look at them!), so you might consider posting in links rather than thumbnails, if you can. It would make for much quicker loading of your thread!

We're glad to have you in the forum--again, welcome!

FF

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow! I'm speechless! All done in Word? Very, very well done! I'm very impressed! How did you manage to pull that off? :p

7. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Even if I have seen these pics before, I?m still amazed, wonderful job Katana=D=.

8. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    It's a little thing called Vector graphics :D With Word I can copy and paste, flip and rotate accurately as well as change angles and use colours and patterns.
    SW is not only thing I do on word, I;ve managed to do chain mail through copying and pasting.

So really, you don't need a highpowered graphics package to do some good fan art. All you really need is MS office and powerpoint can export slides as Jpegs.

And I can draw with pencil and paper, that's how a lot of the pics start but the computer is more flexible.

9. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Here's some more I didn't put on there before as well as others I;m in the process of uploading

Jamilla black

10. Aleria

Aleria Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2007
    Wow... As others have said before, these pictures are very good. Especially for having been done with Word! It's amazing what all one can do with that program if they have enough patience.

This latest addition - I'm awed at the details you've managed to put into the gown and the hair-do! They are impressive and the dress is gorgeous. Nice work and I hope to see some more pieces, when you've had the time to upload them. :)

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice pictures and doing that in WORD. Great.
    I use a scanner to get my drawings and small paintings digitized. Larger ones are put on photo. I use my own website or photobucket to get them here.

12. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Padme as a Padawan learner

I have also picture of her when she's a Jedi Knight and then during the Clone Wars, but they're on my old computer and I can't get them off :(

13. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/Katana_Geldar/Padmeghost.jpg]
    Padme as a Force ghost, in that long white gown she looks a little like an angel

14. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    reminds me of Jedi Yvette.

15. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I am useless with computers. See, I am one of those who need to feel real paper and wet colours under their fingers. But you are a wizzard of computer graphics with your vector program there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.