main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Kathleen Kennedy confirms new films will continue Skywalker saga

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediAce1, May 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jewlmc17

jewlmc17 Jedi Master star 2

Jun 2, 2013
    The main bro and sis conflict should be between Rey and Kylo. Nobody is paying $10 to see Luke and Leia fight.

Jobertus, Claire1976 and DARTH_MUPPET like this.
  2. Solo-Skywalker

Solo-Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2014
    and what happens if she's unrelated or it actually turns out to be Luke's daughter what will you do? Don't just assume you won't do the same; actually at this point I'd rather she be unrelated than be a Solo.

Jcuk likes this.
  3. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    I'll tell you what I'll do if she is Luke's daughter or a completely unrelated character... Absolutely nothing. As I've said many, many, many, many, MANY times in the past, while I would prefer Rey be a Solo, if she's not, it won't bother me one bit. Unlike some people in here... Ahem... Cough... Cough... I've never threatened to boycott TFA or VIII and IX over anything. Boycotting STAR WARS over who a character's parents either are or aren't is, and let me apologize in advance for anyone who gets offended by this, just about the most obtuse and moronic thing I've ever heard.

4. Solo-Skywalker

Solo-Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2014
    I would pay $25 to see it if it involved the greater galaxies existence in the balance; Nothing wrong with that and if Kylo and Rey are cousins .... guess what you just might get that family drama. Don't discount anything this is JJ Abrams we are talking about; he's known for his "bait and switch", "mystery box" method. Kathleen Kennedy believes in him so anything until "confirmed" is still possible [face_thinking]

5. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    I am also baffled at how so many people think Rey and Kylo might be twins when there is clearly a big age difference. Anybody remember this casting call?

Late-teen female, independent, good sense of humour, fit. (Pretty clear this is Rey)

Young twenty-something male, witty and smart, fit but not traditionally good looking. (Pretty clear this is Finn)

A late twentysomething male, fit, handsome and confident. (I believe this is for Kylo, not Poe...this is the only male role that specifies "handsome" and I think that is because he is supposed to be Harrison's son. The age also fits with Driver, and fits with Kylo being born soon after ROTJ)

Seventy-something male, with strong opinions and tough demeanour. Also doesn’t need to be particularly fit. (Obviously MVS)

A second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and fit. (Maisie?)

Forty something male, fit, military type. (I think this is Poe, and they ended up casting a little bit younger as Isaac is 35)

Thirtysomething male, intellectual. Apparently doesn’t need to be fit. (My best guess is Gleeson/The General)

If Kylo and Rey are just straight-up siblings, born roughly ten years apart, the story works just as well as if they are twins. Better, IMO, as it leaves more room for traditional sibling rivalry, where Kylo would resent Rey for even being born and "de-throning" him (to borrow a phrase from Freud) as the only child who had a monopoly on mom and dad's attention.

6. jewlmc17

Jun 2, 2013
    Don't assume I'd do anything. I wouldn't boycott for that. Now, if they were to pull some BS like Han and Leia never got together and had any kids. That might be a different story. That's just being a d*** to fans for no reason.

As for the "mystery box" I have one word........KAHN.
    JJ isn't really that twisty.

7. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    [​IMG]

8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    not rumors but things people make up in their minds.

9. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Yeah Kylo being obsessed with Vader is only powerful if he's a grandson as it would mean that he cannot escape his destiny that he's trying to emulate the monster that he's stuck in Vader's shadow and can't seem to get free, consumed by Darkness/Hatred.[face_devil]

it's from the Cantina if I recall (pretty old "rumor" too) someone with supposed inside info said Kylo was Han's son with another woman, I don't believe for a second that rubbish rumor is true, pretty sure any Solo kids will be with Han/Leia.;)

PS nice to see you again, do you plan on staying or going back to exile???:)

nalkwan likes this.
  10. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    Lots of theories floating around about the parentage of the new characters, but has no one entertained the thought that at least one of them might be the secret love child of Jar Jar and Obi-Wan's force ghost?

11. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    I truly hope Luke gets a kid, perhaps his 'wife' is killed in the academy attack, thus him putting his hand on R2D2

CrazyOldJedi and Jobertus like this.
  12. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012

wrong its not that easy. Or else Vader and Palpatine would have sensed Obi-Wan. your 'sense theory' just got obliterated

Anakin had visions he didn't 'sense' . Force Users aren't Gods. Again Luke had a Vision didn't sense. you're using incorrect terms

Obi-Wan felt the deaths because he is a Jedi Master attuned to the Force. He can't 'sense' a single person on a planet... that's ridiculous... people making crap up as they go

furthermore only the most skilled and strong in the force can actively look into the future- Obi-Wan, Yoda, Palpatine, Vader. Those visions came to Luke and Anakin simply because of their POWA in the force.

13. jewlmc17

Jun 2, 2013
    I'm pretty sure finding dead students and the complete destruction of his Academy is enough to make him lean on Artoo.

CairnsTony likes this.
  14. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Or perhaps he could be lamenting the death of a friend in the aftermath of the village attack? And Artoo knows of his anguish because of this. Luke resting his hand on the droid is maybe him saying 'Thanks buddy, thanks''. Who knows...

15. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013

Thanks for the welcome back :) I probably will stay around, but doubt I'll post quite as often as before, but hey, we'll see ;)

16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    That's good still remember all the good times we had last summer and you were also one of the first people, I had conversations with on these boards after I joined this place until you left around August/September, so it's nice to see you again.:)

you should stay and enjoy the ride with the rest of us, as we move forward the more official information/footage we get so we'll have more official things to discuss and less speculation/assumption.:D

Claire1976 likes this.
  17. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Thanks starocean90, it's nice you remember me :) I took a break because the boards got very argumentative...I see not much has changed, lol :D But don't worry, despite my absence I've still been lurking and have been keeping up to date with all the spoilers!

18. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    maybe with your wisdom these boards will be less argumentative.:D
    it's argumentative because there are too many things that people seem to disagree as they are open to debate but once we get more official information the less aggressive this place will become.:)

nightangel and Claire1976 like this.
  19. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i doubt it.

CairnsTony likes this.
  20. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Official information will put an end to a lot of debate and disagreement. And I can't come soon enough in all honesty. :)

DarthRosie and starocean90 like this.
  21. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    You're probably right... I hope so. Otherwise, we may need to be less lenient.

22. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    [​IMG]

"Young Fool";)
    "Surely by now, you realize this boards ways can never be turned from the dark side.."
    "Oh im afraid the forum wars will be quite operational"

23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  24. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    I will be taking a little break from these boards once we finally get a general setup and state of the galaxy for this thing..until after I see it in theaters

starocean90 likes this.
  25. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    One of the best posts I've read in a long time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.