main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Kathy Kennedy specifically confirms sequel trilogy to be about next generation of Skywalker family

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Luukeskywalker, Oct 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    The term "legacy character" doesn't and shouldn't just apply to the Skywalker line; it can and should be applied to any character who's descended from another previously-introduced character or characters in the SW universe, and if he's indeed Kes and Shaya's son, he definitely qualifies as a "legacy character" since he carries on their legacy.

2. jedimaster203

jedimaster203 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    I think in terms of his role in the film, Poe is definitely a legacy character. He seems to be the one that kicks off the main quest (same as Leia in ANH) and then gets captured. He also seems to have a significant, but much smaller role than the other two leads.

And if you follow the trope, a legacy character isn't just a character that carries on a legacy (all characters do that), but somebody who fulfills a specific roll. Dread Pirate Roberts is a legacy character. Miles Morales (Ultimate Spider-man) is a legacy character. Luke Skywalker isn't a legacy character, he is a character with a legacy.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  3. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    Yeah imagine kylo is a random villain and Rey a random hero sorry that movie would bore me

Darth_Voider likes this.
  4. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    And if Finn, for example, turned out to be Lando's son (which I rather doubt at this point), then he'd be a legacy character as well.

5. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015

mickythejedi and starocean90 like this.
  6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I still wonder R2 was targeting Kenobi, could it be BB-8 was told by Poe that Han is in on Jakku/near it so go look for Han Solo. Conveniently he shows the saber only when Han is there just like R2 showing the message only when Kenobi was present.:p

7. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    I like that concept Star!

starocean90 likes this.
  8. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Finn's role is that of 3PO, at the start, so he's 3PO's legacy (escapes from an "Imperial" ship, crashes on desert world with a companion, separated from his companion... meets Rey, Luke's legacy, with BB-8, R2's legacy) :cool:

9. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Yeah, I feel the same way about Luke; they had better come up with a good reason for him to be in Exile. :mad: But I am wondering now if he has the better deal over all. Han supposedly has a lot of screen time, but if all the Rumors are true than it isn't quality time before he dies; unless you count being Rey's chauffeur a great return for an Iconic Character. At least Luke will have a chance to have quality Screentime for Episode VIII and IX. The bottom line is that I don't like what J.J. seems to be doing with all the OT Characters: Han, Luke, and Leia for that matter. If all the "Leaked" info we have is true that is.

Hey starocean90 How would Poe know that Han Solo is near Jakku? [face_thinking]

10. Baron_Papanerd

May 1, 2014
    double Post

11. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    yes, you got it, Finn is 3-PO, confirmed. :p

[​IMG]

12. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    well it's possible Han told Poe last they meet that he was going to get his ship on Jakku or maybe the fact that Kor Sella is following Han based on rumors means the Resistance knows that Han is doing something on the planet, in the Leia book she talks about sending Poe to Jakku it's possible they are aware he's on Jakku/near it before Poe even gets there.

nightangel and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  13. Baron_Papanerd

May 1, 2014

Ha! Maybe this why C3-PO has a red arm in the ST. [face_laugh]

14. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    in a recent interview Anthony Daniels, said that Anakin/Vader was basically 3PO's father and just like all Skywalkers losing an arm is part of the legacy.:D

nightangel and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  15. Baron_Papanerd

May 1, 2014

Ha! I guess that is true. :p

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  16. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    you meant this confrontation? [face_devil]

[​IMG]

starocean90 and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  17. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    is that a dead Yoda in the back.[face_rofl]

18. Baron_Papanerd

May 1, 2014
    OMG! nightangel I never saw this coming! :eek: Awesome! [face_hypnotized] :p

nightangel and starocean90 like this.
  19. Baron_Papanerd

May 1, 2014

Ha! I didn't notice Yoda in the background until you mentioned it. [face_rofl] Threepio is going to get some Revenge. [face_laugh]

Edit: If I keep double Posting, the Mods will give me the same Fate as poor Yoda. :p

20. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    3-PO will be the real Jedi left in the end. We can see it now. He inherited both of Luke's lightsabers. :p

starocean90 and Baron_Papanerd like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.