main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Katie has become one with the universe....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Idaho_Vorkosigan, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idaho_Vorkosigan

Idaho_Vorkosigan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2003
    Katie ended her battle with cancer on August 9th, 2005.

Over the course of production on this film, and through our relationships personally, we all grew very close to the Johnson family, holding a very special place in our hearts for our dear friend Al, and his daughters Katie and Allie.

In the all-too-brief seven years that Katie was shared with the world, she touched the hearts of millions of people as we joined together to help in her battle with cancer. Katie has now begun her journey into the next world, where we have no doubt she will continue to inspire and spread her love.

Our hearts are full, and our world is a lot more empty

I think we should pool our resourses and send a check from the Boise fanforce to the family. More than anything, I think this little girl really represented, and will continue to represent, the close atmosphere and connection all us Star Wars fans have.

There are few people who can say they lived as much as that beautiful little girl did in her seven years, but there are none who could say she disserved less than a lifetime more. We should remember and honor the feeling of unity and hope for the future she brought so many.

Greater than the death of flesh, is the death of hope, the death of dreams... against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows what form the future will take or where it will bring us; We know only that it is born in pain.

Please let me know how we wish to go about collecting for this... I propose 6 weeks time for us to aquire our funds.

I realize I am not an active member anymore, but in this I am as active as ever.

Sincerely,

-James-

2. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    Couldn't agree with you more James...except that there technically won't be a club after this weekend...did you read the "story ended" thread?
    Perhaps we could do it outside of the club, you're non-official anyway. Give me a call and we'll see what we can do...

3. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002

This is CC from a 501st message I rec'ved. It may be a day late, but the thought of honoring would be there if you felt led to do so in some way...

Marc

Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 17:31:08 -0000
    Subject: Katie's Service

In honor of Katie's funeral members of the Legion have requested a moment of silence today at 4:00pm for those that are unable to make it to the service.

For those that haven't seen it yet, Steve Petrucelli (TB-2801) has produce a beautiful video
    montage of Katie's short but wonderful life.

God Bless you Katie, we'll miss you.

www.ga501st.com/movies/Katie.wmv

4. LeiaPadmeSkywalker

LeiaPadmeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2004
    I have just lost a cousin due to breast cancer.
    She fought for 35 years and she lost the fioght just two weeks ago
    Katie, you are in a better place.
    No pain no suffering, no war, just love.
    We are going to miss you and your smiles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.